Blood Decals

+
Absolutely nobody said it will be fixed in the Day 1 patch. Stop that.

It might be in the next patch or a hotfix though.

Huh? I know nobody said that it will be fixed in day 1 patch and tbh I didn't expect it fixed, I was hoping tho, but now I know and I came here to give out info that it's indeed not yet fixed hoping next one will, that's all. :)

@Phalzyr

They "day 1 patch" is already out, at least on PS4, it really helped with the frame-rate.

Good news is, many monsters have them working. Just those damn humans.

Last edited:
The main reason i think the official date is the 19the [tuesday] has probably to do with the optimalisation on pc, and who knows maybe blood effecs on water wil return, just be patient people :)

Last edited:
Just wanted to share this link to everyone who is bloodthirsty like I am. It is a fight scene from the most recent IGN live stream. It clearly shows blood splattering and decals when Geralt lands an attack on the enemy. (Contains some spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4088&v=H3qx-nTBnUs#t=141m20s

Although Its still missing with humans :p Can't wait for it to be fixed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4088&v=H3qx-nTBnUs#t=107m10s

As far as I know the issue never really was with other monsters, but just Drowners and Humans. For some strange reason. The blood splatter on the ground look good though. I am optimistic they will fix that :)

Yup, blood splatter is nice, on bigger creatures it's even a little different, more like spraying blood which is awesome, they just need to hot-fix it on humans and drowners and we're golden.

Yup, blood splatter is nice, on bigger creatures it's even a little different, more like spraying blood which is awesome, they just need to hot-fix it on humans and drowners and we're golden.

I always found the blood splattering in TW1 amazing. It looked like no other game I know. I mean the blood splatter could actually be realistic how they follow the motion of the blade and create this circular pattern on the ground. Looks pretty good even today.

When I saw day 1 patch notice of PS4, I did not see blood decals in this patch, not in patch 1, Iam so sad but still hope :(
maybe patch 2 will come soon :), boom.. blood everywhere

Last edited:
The main reason i think the official date is the 19the [tuesday] has probably to do with the optimalisation on pc, and who knows maybe blood effecs on water wil return, just be patient people :)

Afaik blood decals on water is out because they entirely changed how the water is simulated in the game. I read that on neogaf in the huge downgrade thread there. Pretty sad about it. W3 would've been the first game that would have done that i think. It looked so good. :(

Guys, one thing I noticed that is VERY cool

In this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4088&v=H3qx-nTBnUs#t=141m20s At 2:49:00

Not all of those brutal slices cut them in half. Depending on the distance you are from the enemy, the strikes sometimes cut deep but don't slice them in half.

I like those kind of kills-messy and brutal.

However, I noticed a bug for the devs to take note of :)

It seems that the surrounding environment reacts a bit late from explosions such as grapeshot. And enemies/environment react late to aard.

Just watch the rest of that fight after 2:49:00. Shows bomb glitch, but the aard glitch is shown..well, in the videos with aard in it.

Last edited:
I pre ordered it and if there is no splatter in the final build im breaking the disc, im disappointed they did this

FIRST: Please wait for the Day 1 Patch
SECOND: Please don't break the disc
THIRD: Most monsters have blood decals, it's just drowners and humans as far as we know! No need to overreact since it is most likely a bug. :)

I pre ordered it and if there is no splatter in the final build im breaking the disc, im disappointed they did this

Dude, it's a bug and they said they could patch it, breaking your disc is WAAAAAY overreacting, just play the game and enjoy it and then once the patch gamesa you'll have it back in.

Hopefully it will be in an early patch (IE within a week or two after release) and not months out.

[Sard Edit: Guess what! You're a short step from being a long way away! You're free to complain - do it civilly. Do it ONCE. Then move along.

Do not come here to "tear shit up" or whatever the motivation was.

Also, do your research. It is a bug and they are looking at fixing it. Not that such angry, bitter posting deserves such service, but that's CDPR for you.]

Last edited by a moderator:
@chingchangwe I fixed your post. You're welcome. Don't touch it.

At everyone else, ( many who know this, of course): We don't care how upset you are anymore. Way too much bad cess going around. If you have an issue, see if it's been raised and dealt with first.

If not, raise it politely and civilly and don't spam about it. Fail to comply and, well, you know what happens.

May close this thread soon - it's purpose has been served. We'll see.

Has anyone noticed if there is blood on your weapons after attacks, btw?. I'm asking because I can't see from videos so far.

Just wondering, if it's a thing or not. It bugs me in games, when its missing. Looks wrong imo lol.

Top Bottom