Blood Decals

+
I have to say, after 19+ hours in the game, the absence of blood in and after battle is a great disapointment. Combat aren't that difficult, even in highest difficulty, and that would not matter if, at least, we had something that feels worth figthing for. So yeah you can cut your ennemies badly, dismenber them even, but the absence of blood is quite meh. I'm not demanding BLOODBORN level of Blood, but bring back the 35min footage blood for god sakes.

AGREED! I WANT WHAT I SAW IN THAT 35MIN VID. Red cloudy water, actually splatter patterns from how you swing the sword, REAL gritty combat. I mean, im old enough to go and get drunk and die in the line of battle...why cant i see blood and gore????

AGREED! I WANT WHAT I SAW IN THAT 35MIN VID. Red cloudy water, actually splatter patterns from how you swing the sword, REAL gritty combat. I mean, im old enough to go and get drunk and die in the line of battle...why cant i see blood and gore?

Because i'm pretty sure it was a tech feature that was cut during late developement cause It would not work properly on consoles. And i'm not really sure they could / would bring it back for PC players only. Maybe when the redkit mod tool comes, modders will find a way but i'm not sure about that either.

Why do you always have to blame the consoles? The PS4 and Xbox One could have EASILY handled the 35 minute video type of blood. For example: At the early beginning of the game there is a quest where you have to find and identify the brother of a soldier on a battlefield full of Nilfgardians and Northerns. Approximately half a squaremile full of dismembered corpses, swimming in good looking shader blood (not the cheap blood texture from standard enemy corpses) plus a swamp with water in it. There are also tons of gutted horses, blood infested swords, shields and other stuff lying around, approximately 150 bodies within one tiny area. And guess what: The game still ran perfectly smooth on my PS4!

I have no doubt that both consoles and the PC CAN handle the 35 minutes type of gore by all means! There must have been another reason why CD Projekt cheated on us!

Newest patch on PC 1.03 has some info about blood on water, anybody on PC can check if human enemis splatter blood on the ground and if there's any on the water?

@Bansai

as far as i recognized it, the decals are there. But to be honest ... i am pretty busy
with focusing on other stuff when fighting ^^ even the blood mixing with water is there.

I saw the patch notes today and though "Yay they patched it, that was quick!"

Only to find out that it is only for the water and it's not actually the patch many of us were hoping for that fixed the splatter on all enemies instead of just a few.

Really hope they haven't forgot this and get it patched soon.

Is that the blood splatter that happens after they die or while you are fighting?

I need the info for the splatter that happens while fighting i need to increase timer on that it lasts like 5 seconds

Yeah, exactly. I have tried modifying that value and others as well, but nothing seems to work to make blood splatters sat visible longer than a few seconds.

CD Projekt, please add/change the following things requested by a large number of your community:

- please increase the timer of corpses and limbs/body parts being visible on the ground (or make them only disappear after the player reaches great distance to them)

- increase the time of visible blood puddles beneath corpses (equal duration time to corpses)

- increase duration time of blood splatter and flesh particles equal to the current duration time of blood puddles

- do the same for blood pools in the water

- add blood stains to Geralt's swords

- add flesh wounds on enemies' bodies (after a stab finishing move for instance)

- add blood stains on Geralt's clothes after a fight (like in Bloodborne) only to disappear after changing clothes, swimming or when raining.

- add ragdoll physics, blood stains/wounds, possible dismemberments and blood puddles (after death) to ANIMAL ENEMIES like wolves, bears, dogs, wearwolves etc.

This would be more than sensational if you implemented those changes with an upcoming patch CDPR. The community would appreciate this so much!

Patch 1.04 is out on PC, did they fix the blood splatter on humans etc? I'd appreciate any info cause I'm slowly losing hope here :/

Patch 1.04 is out on PC, did they fix the blood splatter on humans etc? I'd appreciate any info cause I'm slowly losing hope here :/

No mention in the patch notes. The list is comprehensive, not compendious thus it would likely have been mentioned if it was addressed.

Thus far I havent noticed any differences. guess this is either really low on their list of priorities, or they are just not interested in it at all. so much for a dark medieval and mature atmosphere.

Cool... @Benzenzimmern said it's a bug that can be fixed and I guess we poor fools took it for granted hoping they actually WILL fix it :huh:

Anyway, just in case I made a video that can't be more clear about that issue:

[video=youtube;q0Zs4-XUE0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Zs4-XUE0I[/video]

Dunno if anyone mentioned and I won't look through 50 pages of this thread but:

On Nvidia's Witcher 3' tweak guide, they said the Details setting in game affects the distance at which you can see blood decals. Looking into the game .ini's, they found the setting for "blood decals probability" spawning after you hit a foe. If you want blood decals all the time, you just need to set that value to a higher number.

It's in here somewhere http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

:rly?:
Blood splatters are there on humans, but it's level dependant. I was trying to record a video to show it off but I'm too high level now and just about all bandits easily die in 1 hit even on Death March(since they're low level). Maybe I'll try with a guard.

EDIT: Great, driver likes to crash as soon as I want to record....

EDIT2: Well, I can get partial screenshots from my video
Left, put a blue line near it

Between Geralt and soldier.

And no, none of that is my blood, I didn't get hit, was using Quen which is visible in first screenie as it explodes after being hit. The depleted healthbar is from earlier fall damage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom