Blood Decals

+
am note sure about this, but yesterday i rewatched the 35mn gameplay demo and the blood look more dynamic, like a liquid simulation (hens the instant splatter ) , the final game seems to use some kind of texture+meshs

am note sure about this, but yesterday i rewatched the 35mn gameplay demo and the blood look more dynamic, like a liquid simulation (hens the instant splatter ) , the final game seems to use some kind of texture+meshs
yes ! i saw from what people have posted, that blood doesn't seem as dynamic as before.

:rly?:
Blood splatters are there on humans, but it's level dependant. I was trying to record a video to show it off but I'm too high level now and just about all bandits easily die in 1 hit even on Death March(since they're low level). Maybe I'll try with a guard.

EDIT: Great, driver likes to crash as soon as I want to record....

EDIT2: Well, I can get partial screenshots from my video
Left, put a blue line near it

Between Geralt and soldier.

And no, none of that is my blood, I didn't get hit, was using Quen which is visible in first screenie as it explodes after being hit. The depleted healthbar is from earlier fall damage.

Yes, blood splatters are present on the PC version as several people here (myself included) have mentioned already, but some are still waiting for a fix on the PS4 as far as I can tell.

Furthermore I would like to see an option or some possible settings to increase the time that blood splatters are visible on the ground. Currently it is set for just a few seconds, unfortunately.

Yes, blood splatters are present on the PC version as several people here (myself included) have mentioned already, but some are still waiting for a fix on the PS4 as far as I can tell.

Furthermore I would like to see an option or some possible settings to increase the time that blood splatters are visible on the ground. Currently it is set for just a few seconds, unfortunately.

Doubt console versions can handle anything else, they're pretty blotted for their capacity as they are.

you could try using the in-game console(http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/28/?), fiddle with it, until you get a clue how to get longer periods of visibility for blood splatters.

I have already browsed through all the commands available there. I have also checked the ini settings, I think that it is not possible to change it with with current tools. We will probably have to wait for the release of RedKit.

Even with 1.04 I still don't see any blood splatters on the ground when fight against humans. Tested it couple times with lvl 5 Geralt against lvl 7 bandits. Blood just vanishes when it hits ground. Hope they'll fix it, as it does look strange.

Even with 1.04 I still don't see any blood splatters on the ground when fight against humans. Tested it couple times with lvl 5 Geralt against lvl 7 bandits. Blood just vanishes when it hits ground. Hope they'll fix it, as it does look strange.

This. Sometimes the blood appears, but very rarely, in contrast when you fight nekkers/wolves and you hit them, almost every single time there's splatter, ergo, still bugged.

i pretty much stopped playing this game about a week ago...the combat is just too dull without the blood, hopefully fallout 4 wont do what they did.

What? All I get on PC are the regular decals, nothing like the dynamic splatters from earlybuilds. Nothing has changed

That being said, "dynamic decals" is in the config file. There is nothing "dynamic" about these blood decals at the moment, with the same texture appearing on every surface, ect, but maybe it'll be added in the future.

Can't decide if this is a Bug or Deliberate. In any case, we can all agree we'd like to see it fixed/modded. Sending to Suggestions forum, as that's the most likely chance for a fix from the community. HOPEFULLY, you've all reported the bug to CDPR, using the link in my sig, right?

What? All I get on PC are the regular decals, nothing like the dynamic splatters from earlybuilds. Nothing has changed

That being said, "dynamic decals" is in the config file. There is nothing "dynamic" about these blood decals at the moment, with the same texture appearing on every surface, ect, but maybe it'll be added in the future.

That is what we all were talking about. The regular blood decals. They were lacking before in some cases, mainly on humanoid enemies. The issue now is they are back, but stay visible only for a brief moment. It would be nice to increase the time when they stay visible.

That is what we all were talking about. The regular blood decals. They were lacking before in some cases, mainly on humanoid enemies. The issue now is they are back, but stay visible only for a brief moment. It would be nice to increase the time when they stay visible.

Ah.

Well in that case, yeah I get decals for everyone, humans included, on PC. Don't see any sort of problem.

Like I said in the post that you have quoted, the 'problem' is that the blood decals stay visible on the ground for 3-5 seconds. So very often you are not even done fighting one enemy and the blood splatter left on the sand disappears.

Please can you make an option for more gore? WTF is wrong with industries these days, game for adults and doesnt even have blood in it..

What is this ... no Blood Splash. Is this a kid's game ?

No blood on our sword, enemy blood splashes to our body and less blood splash on ground.
There's is blood splashes to our body, but it only hold for less than 5 second and it's gone.
More Blood Mods please ?! (Note : NOT more Gore, but more blood !)

@cdProjectRED

Hi there, I was going to ignore the fact that a lof of blood effects are missing in this game compared to the previous titles until i found out why i need something brutal in Witcher 3.
It is not merely the fact that i like a more authentic and grim touch to W3 but the game is robbing me of something essential here. That is the pleasure of slaying someone or something whose character i really hate and decide to kill him/it. So after the fight where I for example slice his torso in half...i see only the parts with some red colouring...nothing fluid....no blood on the ground (there should be a lot of blood) and thus I dont feel the satisfaction I deserved.
Also the time of some blood on the ground needs to be increased. 2-5 seconds are not noticeable. The few blood stains and pools on the ground need to be there until all the looting is done at least.
I really hope to see you guys come around here. All other things in this game are superb and I congratulate you on your success.

Pleasee give us some info that you might work on this problem...54 pages and 500 posts clearly is a statement that this feature is dearly missed.

Top Bottom