Blood Decals

+
"blood DLC".

*Shoots myself*

Nah, I doubt they would do that. More likely as a game update. But seriously, they should focus on this since it was in the game and is probably a little bit more important than a stupid horse armor dlc, even if it is free.

Do I spot blood splatters? :D

I'm not sure wether that thing on the ground is blood splatter or not, looks like it tho, but in any case, it was confirmed by many vids that there was a blood splatter from most of the monster enemies, only human enemies are glitched, that's what someone needs to pass on in the studio if the system isn't scrapped completely.

It's obvious something was bugged in whatever build the YT'ers and IGN/gamespot earlier played. There is absolutely no reason to scrap a decal system, it won't save you any performance, we haven't reached that point of extreme desperation now would be a good time to spot manufacturing stories about how 'it's scrapped' with nobody saying anything of the sort.

It's obvious something was bugged in whatever build the YT'ers and IGN/gamespot earlier played. There is absolutely no reason to scrap a decal system, it won't save you any performance, we haven't reached that point of extreme desperation now would be a good time to spot manufacturing stories about how 'it's scrapped' with nobody saying anything of the sort.

So it's better to do nothing and hope for the best? I mean if there's an issue, we need to highlight it so the devs can see it and so they can actually do something about it in time (if they care), so far the only solid and newest info we have is from Marcin, who says the blood "doesn't splatter ANYMORE" - sorry but there's only 1 way one can interpret it, ANYMORE - was there but is not currently.

Let's not forget the game is almost out, we can't constantly just say "not final build" and wish everything away. :)

Last edited:
Let's not forget the game is almost out, we can't constantly just say "not final build" and wish everything away. :)

This would imply anything can be done between now and release.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll wait and see if it's actually there or not (so far we haven't got a very clear answer and there's a lot of conflicting information) before I ask the devs to put it back in.

This would imply anything can be done between now and release.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll wait and see if it's actually there or not (so far we haven't got a very clear answer and there's a lot of conflicting information) before I ask the devs to put it back in.

By then it will probably be too late and posts such as this, trying to belittle the issue will be the main reason why it's gonna be omitted in the end.

You can quote me on this after the game releases and you end up being right, I'll glady eat my own words, but for now, I'll reamain sceptic and try to do as much as I can to highlight this issue.

By then it will probably be too late and posts such as this, trying to belittle the issue will be the main reason why it's gonna be omitted in the end.

You can quote me on this after the game releases and you end up being right, I'll glady eat my own words, but for now, I'll reamain sceptic and try to do as much as I can to highlight this issue.

I'm not trying to belittle anything. It's pretty clear not much can be done at this point, if blood splatters are not in that is (we still don't know that for sure).

So it's better to do nothing and hope for the best? I mean if there's an issue, we need to highlight it so the devs can see it and so they can actually do something about it in time (if they care), so far the only solid and newest info we have is from Marcin, who says the blood "doesn't splatter ANYMORE" - sorry but there's only 1 way one can interpret it, ANYMORE - was there but is not currently.
And by "highlight" you mean claiming doom and gloom on the entire thread based on extremely flaky interpretation of a statement?

And on what authority do you have that it isn't some issue fixed already? We already know nobody has played on the retail build and even then you can clearly see blood splatters in the melaniemac(or however it's spelt) video when fighting against dogs so clearly it's not scrapped as many are suddenly 'claiming'. On what basis does anyone make the claim that it's been "scrapped/cut" when it's visible? We can also see the splatter on the screenie just posted.

You may very well have good intentions, that doesn't mean you can fabricate a story(not referring to you in particular) based on what you're assuming it means and spread FUD.

And by "highlight" you mean claiming doom and gloom on the entire thread based on extremely flaky interpretation of a statement?

And on what authority do you have that it isn't some issue fixed already? We already know nobody has played on the retail build and even then you can clearly see blood splatters in the melaniemac(or however it's spelt) video when fighting against dogs so clearly it's not scrapped as many are suddenly 'claiming'. On what basis does anyone make the claim that it's been "scrapped/cut" when it's visible? We can also see the splatter on the screenie just posted.

You may very well have good intentions, that doesn't mean you can fabricate a story(not referring to you in particular) based on what you're assuming it means and spread FUD.

Well the splatter is still not visible on humans and some monsters (drowners, royal wyvern), so yeah, it's definitely not fixed, on what base do I say that? I'm supporting my statement on what Marcin said, and you're supporting your statement solely on wishful thinking of final build, so yeah... :)

And by highlight I mean whatever gets their attention as long as it's confirmed fixed, I don't care about anything else really. So far the evidence suggests it's not fixed or may not even be present at all in the final game, untill you provide some concrete evidence that suggests otherwise (gameplay that shows blood splatter on humans or some new statement from reds would suffice) we will obviously not find a common ground. :shrug:

OK, please everybody just calm down and firstly read what some people are stating here. With all the respect in all the mods (and also specially you sid) nobody said it was scrapped, but they and me included stated the fact that we can't see blood decals on all humans and on some monsters, and that it was there in the 35min. demo, that is also a fact. Now Benz stated that blood decals are present, that is correct, they are on some monsters. Also the statement of Marcin that he could not see any blood decal on the ground is correct, because on certain monsters and on all humans it is missing. As you can see this must be some kind of bug and with the best intensions it is for the good of the game to point that out. Of course we can't demand anything from the reds, but for the love of the series surely some of us are carried away emotionally, but always with good intension in mind and with love for the game and the whole community.

Which brings me back to what I was saying a few posts ago:

There's conflicting information on the issue and that I personally will wait and see for myself when the game comes out, since not much can be done at this point anyways (game is being burned to discs and is locked, and current issues for the day1 patch are being worked on or are close to even sending that out to certification soon) if a fix for it is to come, if it's needed that is, it'll come later down the line.

But it's always easier to claim someone is "belittling" the "issue" it seems.

Last edited:
For me it isn't just about splatters showing up on the ground. They made it completely ridiculous and ovethetop now as well.

For example, on of the most stupid things they did was make it so that there is like a GALLON of blood when slicing a guy from a horse.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-29-2015/W7Rx_a.gif

Before it was actually..plausible?: http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-29-2015/GD5H6C.gif

And why the hell does punching cause a massive amount of blood each punch?: http://makeagif.com/B_g6HR

Come on..its like they took all the blood that belongs on the ground, and invested it in over the top slasher game FX

I hope we get answers to this in Damiens FAQ.
Why would they remove blood decals other than for sake of game performance? And what i understand decals dont really use that much hardware power.
I think splatters are present in the final build.

One of my biggest gripe with this game is lack of footprints! :) I always love in games when youre character leaves footprints, it adds to the immersion.
Would it require lot from hardware if ure character would leave lets say 1 mile of footprints,before they disappear? Or sort of like sweeps in the sand when ure dancing with four nilfgaardians at the peach, evening sun looming in the horizon!

sry my crap english!

I hope we get answers to this in Damiens FAQ.
Why would they remove blood decals other than for sake of game performance? And what i understand decals dont really use that much hardware power.
I think splatters are present in the final build.

One of my biggest gripe with this game is lack of footprints! :) I always love in games when youre character leaves footprints, it adds to the immersion.
Would it require lot from hardware if ure character would leave lets say 1 mile of footprints,before they disappear? Or sort of like sweeps in the sand when ure dancing with four nilfgaardians at the peach, evening sun looming in the horizon!

sry my crap english!

Do not now how is it now but in elder blood trailer there was footprint. Watch.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5sKolm4cfk#t=0m17s When Wild hunt soldier put his foot there appear footprint. And i think foot print still in game. Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWBMH9EtQ#t=19m40s

Considering footprints - Geralt and the NPCs leave none, as far as I can see. Again, feature years old with zero performance impact. But, consider this guys - look closer at the videos when Geralt is using his witcher senses to track someone. Those red footprints. They are still there even without the witcher sense. Imagine yourself prancing around a village there and back again, and than traing to find something in the dust. Now I know the senses highlight only those you need, but since they are visible even without, I definitely wanna try playing using the withcer senses as little as possible. Maybe the last difficulty even doesn't have it, which would be cool, and the visible footprints/tracks in the dust would make more sense.

Top Bottom