Blood Decals

+
Hey guys, i really hate to bring it to you:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...kup-and-more-new-screenshot-shows-a-strumpet/

Marcin Momot (Community&Website Coordinator) tweeted the following:

"No. It's been toned down. There's less gore when decapitating or slicing someone in half."

I doubt, that it's only censored in the middle east, since CD Project said before, that the game wasn't censored for the european market. I think they toned it down in general, so they can still say it isn't censored. Because it's like that in every single region.

No. I was really clear when I mentioned that it's only in the censored version.

As far as blood splattering on the ground, as we said this is not the case. I think we've seen enough gameplay footage recently to accept this fact. :)

As far as blood splattering on the ground, as we said this is not the case. I think we've seen enough gameplay footage recently to accept this fact. :)

Can you please then confirm or deny that it is a feature that will not be present in the final build of the game or it is a bug that will be fixed in the future so we can all move on with our lives? :)

I don't really understand - sorry. I've said it many times already - no blood splattering on the ground.

What he means, is that blood splatter IS present in the game, but disappears after like milisecond of being there, so it's obviously glitched. On some monsters however it's there and stays for long like it should.

Could you please at least inquire about it? Just poke a quick question at a right person tomorrow in the studio.

Last edited:
I don't really understand - sorry. I've said it many times already - no blood splattering on the ground.

And I don't really understand why you guys would remove it. It's very clear everybody here wants it.
And what's even more baffling is that monsters do leave blood splatters on the ground, it's just the humanoid enemies that don't. It's not even consistent.

And I don't really understand why you guys would remove it. It's very clear everybody here wants it.
And what's even more baffling is that monsters do leave blood splatters on the ground, it's just the humanoid enemies that don't. It's not even consistent.

Not everyone here wants it. There is at least one person who is completely apathetic towards the amount (if any) of blood on the ground. There are many other things I would rather CDPR focus on.

Last edited:
Not everyone here wants it. There is at least one person who is completely apathetic towards the amount of blood on the ground. There are many other things I would rather CDPR focus on.

Yea, the amount. Not to see it removed entirely. It just doesn't look good. You see blood trails coming off from the sword with each strike yet no blood is left behind anywhere. Not even when they're sliced in half.

Well that's a bummer.

I don't get why it would get removed...

It was in both Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, it was in earlier gameplay vids so it existed in the Witcher 3, some animals still have them (IE wolves) , don't get why it'd be removed for human enemies/drowners, blood decals aren't a huge performance hit or anything.

This sort of reminds of the censorship of the gore that happened between Ninja Gaiden II and the Sigma version.

Decapitations were still there but the blood from humanoid enemies got changed to purple mist, the open wounds were darkened and body part vanished before hitting the ground but battle with fiends kept more of the gore intact.

Just never expected to something similar happen in a CD Projekt >RED< title. Hopefully it is glitched and not a conscious decision though that almost seems to be the case now from the responses we are getting.

If it does not get fixed officially it can hopefully get modded back in ASAP.

A gore slider in the options menu would have been great.

CDPR, after this game, maybe you can just stop making games for a while.
It's to hard to please everyone all of the time.
Just go dark and enjoy the good times you all had making this game, be happy and have fun!
Maybe comback later when humans have evolved to the point that they can give thanks and respect you for what you have done for them.
I'm sorry, it might be a while.. people suck! What can I say? Sometimes.. they just don't understand and they fucking suck!
lol..
Well at least you guys made history, and lots of money on the side I hope. All of this and more when it comes to the video game world.
I thank you for that at least! :)

Last edited:
Weird.
That is all I can say...No blood decals is weird.

Yeah, indeed... it was cool how the corpses just "bleed out" in the 35 min demo. Like it would be
if you slice through a bunch of bandits or monsters... but well... remember that niflgaard camp in
TW2? When we butchered the whole group there to save Triss? Didn' t "disturb" the gameflow in
any case.

STILL: keeping that little detail would ve been nice... since it gave the combat a little bit of a horrible
note... so to say.

@ONLY ONCE

Indeed... i am afraid people will now SEARCH active for "cut out" things and accuse CDPR
of being liars... like they do it all the time since the release i closing in :( kinda sucks.

Last edited:
keeping that little detail would ve been nice... since it gave the combat a little bit of a horrible
note... so to say.
Personally, it's not a big deal...

But in latest gameplay vids we can see blood decals after Geralt killed some chickens...And no blood decals after he killed humans.

And that's...Well, weird. :D

---------- Updated at 11:08 PM ----------

people suck!
Of course we suck...That is the thing that separate us from animals - we suck! :D :D

Personally, it's not a big deal...

But in latest gameplay vids we can see blood decals after Geralt killed some chickens...And no blood decals after he killed humans.

---------- Updated at 11:08 PM ----------

Of course we suck...That is the thing that separate us from animals - we suck! :D :D
HaaHaa

It was in both Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, it was in earlier gameplay vids so it existed in the Witcher 3, some animals still have them (IE wolves) , don't get why it'd be removed for human enemies/drowners, blood decals aren't a huge performance hit or anything.

I still think it's a bug and not a conscious decision. Because it's impossible to leave something like that on dogs, chickens and wolves and not on humans, drowners etc. :D

Let's just hope Marcin will bring up the subject at some point and they'll fix it. At least humans, please at least let's have blood on the ground from hitting humans, not necessarily on the water, but at least on the ground, pleeeease

Well... THAT sounds ... just wrong ... somehow :D

Hm.... didn' t i say that? Leaving a "clean" battlefield is kinda weird :D :D hm does that mean that all those who want
blood mixing with water and blood staying on the ground, have to carry chickens now?
Celebrating a Voodoo ritual to get those effects in their fights??? :D :D :D

Top Bottom