Blood Decals

+
I still think most RPG fans will LOVE the FUCK out of this game when it's all said and done.
They have already done stuff for this game that no one has ever done before, EVER!
I'm telling you.. what ever little petty shit we wanted now, that might not be in the game might just fade away.
Once we start playing this Epic RPG, yes I never say Epic.. but damn it! I'm awesome and I know what I'm talking about. lol..
I just give thanks that TW3 is still way better than most games in general.
The cool kids at CDPR are not like everyone else and it shows.

I love it gawd damn it!
:victory:

Last edited:
Well to be honest a thought crossed my mind to aggro some dog to a fight with humans and pretend it's their blood xD

@ONLY ONCE

Please refrain from off-topic, we all know the game will kick-ass, but that doesn't mean we can't have some excpectations, and since blood decals were present in TW1 and TW2 it's only natural for some of us to want them also in TW3. This is gonna be probably my goty (may have to fight with MGS V tho for this tittle, which btw. has blood decals xD) so there's no need to remind us of how awesome the game's gonna be.

Believe it or not, I'm promoting the game on my free time when I can: http://n4g.com/news/1720467/the-witcher-3-ps4-gameplay-will-be-unveiled-tomorrow

So I'm not just some whiner, I love the Witcher series, I have CE of TW1 and TW2, that's why I'm so adamant in this topic, because I know this isn't some big deal for some, but it will make the game so much more enjoyable and the combat will feel more "meaty".

Last edited:
I still think most RPG fans will LOVE the FUCK out of this game, when it's all said and done.

I have no doubts in my mind that this game will be great. Why I think many (including myself) are raising concerns are not for the sake of complaining but that we all love this franchise so much we want this game to be as good as it can possible be in all areas. They obviously can't please everybody and that is totally understandable. But that doesn't mean we should not give give them feedback to what we are being shown, especially if said feedback/criticism is constructive.

Yep, you guys ROCK!

That's what I'm talkin bout, freedom of speech!
It feels good to help when we can and where we can, don't it?
;)

Last edited:
Well I saw @MilezZ and @Marcin Momot lurking in this topic for at least 30 minutes so in my perfect world this is how it went:

@Marcin Momot - Hey Milez, listen, we have a bit of a situation here at the blood decals topic, some keen (bitchy) users noticed some inconsistency with our blood system, read up the topic and tell me what you think.

@MilezZ - Yeah you're right Marcin, there definitely is something wrong with the blood decals, it's weird that the blood is appearing on the ground after hitting chickens and dogs and is not present after hitting humans or drowners, we need to use our developer super powers and ask around.

*Fast forward till tomorrow at CDPR @Marcin Momot and @MilezZ go to the Blood Guy (for a lack of better description I hence dub him the Blood Guy)

@Marcin Momot and @MilezZ - Hello there Blood Guy, we brought something from the forum to your attention, please boot up the game and kill a chicken or a dog, afterwards go kill some human enemy.

*the Blood Guy does said things*

Blood Guy - Hmm, it's weird that there is blood on the ground after hitting a chicken and not after hitting a human.

@Marcin Momot and @MilezZ in unison - Well that's what we think too, weird, can you do some magic and make it so human enemies also splash blood after getting hit?

Blood Guy - Well no problem, let me just highlight all human enemies, and add that blood splatter from chicken and dogs to them... aaaaaand... done, now after killing human enemies blood is splattering.

@Marcin Momot and @MilezZ - Ok, that's what we needed, now we can get back on forum and shut up those really stubborn fans. Thanks Blood Guy, have a swell and productive day.

* @Marcin Momot sits down in front of a computer, opens Blood Decals topic and writes...*

@Marcin Momot - Good news guys, one of our magician fixed the issue.

AND EVERYBODY GOES CRAZY FROM HAPPINESS, CDPR IS STILL THE BEST.

But yeah, that's just my wet dream of what happened and what would happen after I saw them lurking here :p

Last edited:
Well I saw @MilezZ and @Marcin Momot lurking in this topic for at least 30 minutes so in my perfect world this is how it went:

@Marcin Momot - Hey Milez, listen, we have a bit of a situation here at the blood decals topic, some keen (bitchy) users noticed some inconsistency with our blood system, read up the topic and tell me what you think.

@MilezZ - Yeah you're right Marcin, there definitely is something wrong with the blood decals, it's weird that the blood is appearing on the ground after hitting chickens and dogs and is not present after hitting humans or drowners, we need to use our developer super powers and ask around.

*Fast forward till tomorrow at CDPR @Marcin Momot and @MilezZ go to the Blood Guy (for a lack of better description I hence name him Blood Guy)

@Marcin Momot and @MilezZ - Hello there Blood Guy, we brought something from the forum to your attention, please boot up the game and kill a chicken or a dog, afterwards go kill some human enemy.

*the Blood Guy does said things*

Blood Guy - Hmm, it's weird that there is blood on the ground after hitting a chicken and not after hitting a human.

@Marcin Momot and @MilezZ in unison - Well that's what we think too, weird, can you do some magic and make it so human enemies also splash blood after getting hit?

Blood Guy - Well no problem, let me just highlight all human enemies, and add that blood splatter from chicken and dogs to them... aaaaaand... done, now after killing enemies blood is splattering.

@Marcin Momot and @MilezZ - Ok, that's what we needed, now we can get back on forum and shut up those really stubborn fans.

* @Marcin Momot sits down in front of a computer, opens Blood Decals topic and writes...*

@Marcin Momot - Good news guys, one of our magician fixed the issue.

AND EVERYBODY GOES CRAZY FROM HAPPINESS, CDPR IS STILL THE BEST.

But yeah, that's just my wet dream of what happened and what would happen after I saw them lurking here :p

We can only hope...it'd be nice.

By the way, if you plan on adding nothing new to the discussion and instead just wish to bump the thread with spam, the only thing you will accomplish is getting the thread closed :)

Also, tagging somebody multiple times in a single post only leaves 1 notification, so you needn't have bothered.

The blood flowing out in the water when fighting enemies in the swamp in the 35 minute demo looked downright glorious. I'm still hoping this is just a bug that can easily be fixed with a patch.

Im a bit late but i totally agree with you.

Please give us the old blood splatter system

I cant even believe they removed that...

Also cant believe im gonna have to rely on modders for something like this since they already had an amazing blood splatter in the game.

Should we open up a Poll to see how many votes we get on having the old splatter system?

Last edited:
How many of the people here will play on the console ?
(asking because i want to see who won't have the chance to see this "fixed" via mods)

How many of the people here will play on the console ?
(asking because i want to see who won't have the chance to see this "fixed" via mods)

Yep im so glad im playing on PC

I just cant believe they REMOVED such good feature from the game AND it looked GREAT

@cd Projekt RED if you guys are not giving us the old blood splatter back please just leave the piece of the old code in some files so the modders can just reactivate it.

PLEASE

Last edited:
MRS @Dragonbird , I was wondering if I could start a thread for people to put their mod ideas, so I could sort them and compile them for modders to see come the game release! Graphical enhancements, gameplay changes, and additions. For example, a blood mod, in this case.

Was just wondering if you think it would be a useful and/or viable contribution to the forums. Because I can understand that even though it would be intended for community brainstorm and benefit the fan base, it could come off as disrespectful because we are already suggesting things and the game hasn't even come out yet.

The last thing I'd want to do would be to cause a disturbance! :)

+1 for blood on ground option for pc version. If the feature is already release ready (as it looked) i would hope it might come down in some future update.

Top Bottom