Blood Decals

+
I don't understand why it would be removed in the first place. Even it is resource intensive, it doesn't hurt to future-proof a game. It was already working in previous builds, and it was in the last two games. It seems to work for only certain enemies now?

Sorry I dont mean to bump this but i dont understand what is going on since on this video we can clearly see the blood decal on the ground werewolf fight

https://youtu.be/mLnWyo6WbUA?t=2m23s

But why?

T__T

Attachments

• 1430876714735.jpg
    1430876714735.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 42
The neighbor's yard is always better...

This isn't a matter of us comparing it to some other game and feeling like Witcher 3 is inferior, we're comparing different builds of the same game. This is an effect that was present in every build of the game up until very recently, is an effect that's been commonplace since like 1993, and it's in every previous game as well. We don't even know why it was removed.

I hesitated about posting here because it seemed a bit too emotional for me, but yeah, that splattering blood is cool (especially in the water). I'll be happy if it's more consistent, without being exaggerated. On a similar note I'll be happy for bodies to stay for a relatively long while before vanishing, but I don't know how demanding that is.

I don't really understand - sorry. I've said it many times already - no blood splattering on the ground.

Please allow me to explain then. There are inconsistencies in the recent footage that was release by various invited youtubers. Sometimes there are no blood splatters left on the ground, but sometimes there are. So for us, this looks like a bug. That is why we ask you about it.

Here are some examples:

https://youtu.be/dlVX4DpbFNc?t=28m25s - here you can see blood splatter left on the ground after Geralt was hit and you can see it several times more after that.
https://youtu.be/6aFwE8ZDgKs?t=2m6s - here you can see the blood splatter left on the ground after wolf has been hit. There is a fight with another wolf right after that and you can see blood splatter in that fight as well.

This is what I could find 'quickly' but I am certain that there are more examples like that. So to us, viewers and players it just seem inconsistent: sometimes it is there and sometimes it is not. Not to mention the obvious: we would like to see it back fully, being present in the previous build as well as in the previous games.

Which build was this the Old or the New?

Well it isn't the newest one, which has different (and uglier, honestly) UI. This is from one of the fairly long demos last year where they showed the Ladies of the Wood quest. Blood splatter was still in then.

I never stop and payed attention to this video before the Blood Decals thread was created but i started to did more and more thats what happens when you cant play the game and you have so much Hype you cant stop thinking about the game

Now on the PAX 2015 video the Blood Splatter/Decals are all over the place

1) First fight with the wolves there are splatter but no decals on the ground
https://youtu.be/GJyKMsCAKB0?t=35s

2) Then when the fight with theRolyal Wyvern starts Geralt hits it and there is no Splatter or Decal no blood at all
https://youtu.be/GJyKMsCAKB0?t=5m3s

3) Right after Geralt gets hit and you see both splatter and decal on the ground
https://youtu.be/GJyKMsCAKB0?t=5m6s

And the rest of the fight you can see number 2 and 3 happening a bunch of times

It MUST be a bug...

*Prays for it to be a bug*

Now on the PAX 2015 video the Blood Splatter/Decals are all over the place

I believe that my examples are better simply because there is a chance that they come from a newer build (PAX video from the beginning of March while gameplay footage from youtubers is from late April). Same thing applies though - there are inconsistencies. If this were a concious decision not to have it, we wouldn't have seen it in the game, but sometimes it is there, teasing us.

Last edited:
I believe that my examples are better simply because there is a chance that they come from a newer build (PAX video from the beginning of March while gameplay footage from youtubers is from late April). Same thing applies though - there are inconsistencies. If this were a concious decision not to have it, we wouldn't have seen it in the game, but sometimes it is there, teasing us.
Im always wondering that we have many testers have played this game many many times before, but they did not see this thing :(, this weird thing

Last edited:
No blood on the floor - That kind of sucks.

I hope they at least fix the letterbox red colour of blood to something that actually looks like blood.

The recently released PS4 gameplay footage shows the same issue: there are blood splatters on the ground when fighting wolves but there are none when fighting humans.

The recently released PS4 gameplay footage shows the same issue: there are blood splatters on the ground when fighting wolves but there are none when fighting humans.

Yeah, I noticed that too, definitely a bug. So come on @Marcin Momot, make the magic happen and tell the Blood Guy to fix it :)

Yeah, I noticed that too, definitely a bug. So come on @Marcin Momot, make the magic happen and tell the Blood Guy to fix it :)

Right now i'm little more pessimistic. about this being a bug. Maybe it's some kinda of design choice? Monsters that don't get dismembered have blood splater? If hat is true is such a weird choice.

I known that no one in CDProjekt is obliged to give us an answer(the game is so close to be released and there is probably so much to do) and Marcin has more or less answered 3 times tha there is no blood splatter but after almost 30 pages of confused and bloodthristy people it's clear that some more clarification on the issue of some enemies having blood splatter and others not would be nice.

I am quite sure that it is a bug... because drowners don't have blood decals too. And because you can cut humanoid foes in half, behead them and shatter them in pieces with bombs. If this woud be some sort of censorship, it simply wouldn't make any sense.
Maybe they have some problem with liquids at this moment (since the water does not react to aard and blows anymore)... they will fix it sooner or later.

Sure looks like something changed with how blood was handled in previous builds and how it's currently handled. I do think there used to be too much blood, but the fact that blood splattered on the ground was definitely a cool looking touch. It sounds like the kind of thing that might be a bug, an oversight or a setting but from the comment we got from the devs it seems like it was more of an artistic choice :(

Looking forward to the PC mods that'll hopefully easily allow for things like that to be changed.

How this can be an artistic choice when sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't? :)

Yep even on animals and on humanoids sometimes its there sometimes it isnt or sometimes it appears for a split second and it disappears right the way

Top Bottom