Blood Decals

+
Sorry, I just think it's a little weird to analyze outdated gameplay from unknown versions of the game and make a big issue about it. Because the game developers have likely a much better overview of errors and changes than us who do not even have the game yet. And whatever they have changed in the game before release, I trust they have done so because they had a reason. I don't think I will be bothered by it missing or notice it as the world is already rich with details and blood. But that's just my personal opinion.
I totally agree and do hope they will fix it before the released date has come, but the question is this issue seems to be a bug to them or not, as CRD confirmed in this thread, no blood decals after all and it is weird,:( if it is not a bug, so they do nothing :(
They may fix it or they may not, I just want to inform them all about this issue, called "bug" to me, and I do want more blood in this game when killing living creatures, any of them, blood comes out as much as they can, so I'm waiting and hope all modders please ready themselves to make it comes true after all :)

Yep weird right?

Thats why i think this is all a bug problem

The chances of Geralt's model (wholly unique and with over 90 combat animations alone) sharing the same internal code classification of normal 'humanoid' enemies is... as close as it comes (from my experience and in my mind) to non-exist ant.

So to summarize this all up: we would appreciate it very much if we could know the reasoning behind it being taken out of the game :)
@Marcin Momot Any chance we could get that?

An if it is actually removed, I think that it will be included in one of the first mods that will be created.

Last edited:
So to summarize this all up: we would appreciate it very much if we could know the reasoning behind it being taken out of the game :)
@Marcin Momot Any chance we could get that?
An if it is actually removed, I think that it will be included in one of the first mods that will be created.
As he confirmed, no blood decals on the ground :(
Now all modders, prepare for the battle :)

Yes, I am aware of what he said, but that is not what my message was about. As you can see in my post I asked if we could get a reason why they did that, because a lot of people are confused about it.

Yes, I am aware of what he said, but that is not what my message was about. As you can see in my post I asked if we could get a reason why they did that, because a lot of people are confused about it.
yup, totally agree, they did terrible thing to us, to me (but I still love them) :) an explanation is required, is that right? :harhar:
Im always wondering by myself about blood decals in game but still no answer, luckily I found this thread and very happy because lot of people have the same idea with me, so I am not alone :)

He confirmed he didn't see any in what he played, not that they've been removed.
Wanna bet it'll be there when you play the game? :p
Bet with my own life :)

Last edited:
He confirmed he didn't see any in what he played, not that they've been removed.(Not that I've seen anyway)

Wanna bet it'll be there when you play the game? :p

If it will be there, it's still gonna be bugged on most enemies :/

Why can't they see this problem? :sad:

If it will be there, it's still gonna be bugged on most enemies :/

Why can't they see this problem? :sad:
What are you basing this on? How do you know this isn't already fixed in the Day 1 or in any of the series of next builds they did compared to the build they've been showing at every other place(IGN, Gamespot, Youtubers) which we know are not showing the gold build.

and even if it is still bugged at release day.... they will fix it sooner or later. Don't expect a fresh release to be bug-free.

What are you basing this on? How do you know this isn't already fixed in the Day 1 or in any of the series of next builds they did compared to the build they've been showing at every other place(IGN, Gamespot, Youtubers) which we know are not showing the gold build.

I'm "bashing", because I care about this.

And no, it's not fixed, otherwise I think Marcin would say something about this, besides yesterday we saw PS4 build, which they worked on to the last minute before they released it (I know this for a fact since my friend is writing to a polish magazine which had their hands on ps4 version that differed lightly from what they showed yesterday) and it's still bugged, but definitely not scrapped, ergo, it will be in the final build, but it still will be bugged since there are 4 reds posts and they still don't seem to know what we're talking about here.

(Go kill a chicken, then a human, and then look at the blood on the ground after 1 hit on said creatures, seriously guys, you'll see the problem)

Last edited:
I'm "bashing", because I care about this.
And no, it's not fixed, otherwise I think Marcin would say something about this, besides yesterday we saw PS4 build, which they worked on to the last minute before they released it (I know this for a fact since my friend is writing to a polish magazine which had their hands on ps4 version that differed lightly from what they showed yesterday) and it's still bugged, but definitely not scrapped, ergo, it will be in the final build, but it still will be bugged since there are 4 reds posts and they still don't seem to know what we're talking about here.
(Go kill a chicken, then a human, and then look at the blood on the ground after 1 hit on said creatures, seriously guys, you'll see the problem)
yup, totally agree with you my dear friend, they will fix it sooner or later with only one reason: they consider it is a bug, if it is not a bug to them, nothing will be happened, but as you said, it's still here :(
this is the main purpose of this thread, to remind CDR or show them about this issue, called "bug" :)
and bug can be fixed, I really do hope so, please do that :)

Last edited:
So, the latest "Rage" trailer is out, shows a lot of body slashing and blood splatters BUT none of the blood stain stay put on the ground. Not sure from which build the trailer is

Yup...
And I feel a bit sad to say that but it looks kinda wrong, all the blood splashing everywhere at every sword strike and not a single drop on the ground.

It is indeed kinda strange... Seeing a body being cut in half, and the floor remains clean as if it have some kind of anti adherent. But when it comes to dogs...

In my opinion, it isn't the worst thing in the world, but it breaks a little bit the mood.
But it is almost certanly footage from a previous build, and they probably fixed that.

Top Bottom