Blood Decals

+
At this point, I honestly can live without blood pools on the water as long as there are decals on the ground. ;)

As for the blood before the hit, well he pierced his torso earlier in that animation, so maybe that's where this effect comes from, for me it actually looks quite cool, visceral, just the way I like it.

At this point, I honestly can live without blood pools on the water as long as there are decals on the ground. ;)

As for the blood before the hit, well he pierced his torso earlier in that animation, so maybe that's where this effect comes from, for me it actually looks quite cool, visceral, just the way I like it.

Yeah I guess that effect I can live with.

But It sucks that the blood decals are watered down so much. They used to like actually be voluminous and spread out and pool..DAMN IT.

And the worst thing is that I feel like this will be very difficult to mod.

But, the worst thing is that you can see some of the decals when he is fighting the wolves in the water.. and...

Well..it appears that instead go pools of blood like the 35 minute gameplay, or even last gen GTA5...the decals are the exact same..they just appear on the floor beneath the water.

Ew.... you're right. :/

Maybe it's only like that in the console versions... hopefully. Those pools of blood looked SO good in the 35 minute demo.

Why don't any of you *read* the fucking thread before posting... Reds have confirmed a bug, after clarification, and it is patchable.

No need to keep re-hashing the same video bemoaning the absence of the effect. At least wait until the revised footage is available. No need to "pay $30" for the effect, no need to exaggerate the importance of "this one feature", which (often/always) turns out to be only the tip of the iceberg.

Relax. Wait. See. Then if it is still fubar'd get back to kvetching and I'll join in.

A little more patience and realism, and a little less hyperbole will go a long way to seeming reasonable.

At the same time if people don't react it might not have been fixed. People to oveeboard for sure, but sometimes it takes that to get a reaction. Obviously Im saying this generally, as the devs have reacted and replied. just saying in general these things seem to need to happen.

Why don't any of you *read* the fucking thread before posting... Reds have confirmed a bug, after clarification, and it is patchable.

No need to keep re-hashing the same video bemoaning the absence of the effect. At least wait until the revised footage is available. No need to "pay $30" for the effect, no need to exaggerate the importance of "this one feature", which (often/always) turns out to be only the tip of the iceberg.

Relax. Wait. See. Then if it is still fubar'd get back to kvetching and I'll join in.

A little more patience and realism, and a little less hyperbole will go a long way to seeming reasonable.

You do realize that the "bug" they said can be patched is the ABSENCE of blood decals to begin with, right?

And I find it incredibly unnecessary for you to attack me..I said that I was so hyped for this game.

I try to be as reasonable as I can, and if one or more of my posts is irrelevant or plain wrong, then I am open to you saying so..but using such hurtful language is uncalled for.

Look I'm sorry that I said something negative about the footage, why do you guys have to be so mean? I apologize every time I say something that may have caused a sort of rift and I still get angry PMs and..sigh

Last edited:
Obviously Im saying this generally, as the devs have reacted and replied. just saying in general these things seem to need to happen.

But that's the point. The comments he is referring to don't need to happen. CDPR has already said they've noticed it and will fix it. So the continuing to bring up the issue in such emotional terms serves no constructive purpose at this point. Now if they patch it and it still looks bad, then it will be time to complain again (if one is so inclined).

I try to be as reasonable as I can, and if one or more of my posts is irrelevant or plain wrong, then I am open to you saying so..but using such hurtful language is uncalled for.

I can appreciate that you were upset about the blood decals. I really can. Blood decals are not something that upset me, but everybody has there thing. And I agree that hurtful language is not necessary against other forum users at all. However, things like:

GRRRRRRRR

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

It looked so GOOOD

have a tendency to be seen as not very constructive. Try to understand that seeing that posted 100 times starts to get old for some people. Have patience. CDPR have said they will address the issue and that it is a fixable bug. If it still does not please you after they try to fix the bug, fine. Voice your renewed objections then. But try to avoid the above type of stuff because it isn't adding anything that hasn't already been said 100 times in the thread. Even a few times previously by you if my memory serves me correctly. That is where it begins to seem unreasonable to some. I mean no offense at all and believe that insults are uncalled for. Just trying to explain the other point of view.

Last edited:
But that's the point. The comments he is referring to don't need to happen. CDPR has already said they've noticed it and will fix it. So the continuing to bring up the issue in such emotional terms serves no constructive purpose at this point. Now if they patch it and it still looks bad, then it will be time to complain again (if one is so inclined).
People will vent. if one attempted to police the internet you will drive yourself crazy.

Is there anything they haven't downgraded? Everya day we hear of more that was removed, compared to earlier Gameplay... whats next? Give Geralt a bald head because hair costs too much performance on Consoles? :facepalm:

Hyperbole got an upgrade.

"A sense of proportion" got a severe downgrade. It gets worse each passing day.

I'm predicting the sky will have fallen in by tomorrow afternoon, and we'll all have to go and look for the wise and cunning fox.

The good news is they confirmed it is a bug, so they will fix it for us , maybe day 1 patch, if they dont, we will cry one more time :) the bad news is this is last year, so now please accept the present :)

Since almost everyone and their mother seems to be playing the game (ehh), any word on the fix? Most of streamers probably run the game on day 1 patch already. So far I don't think it's fixed from what I saw but it's really hard to see anything on a phone + ps4 streaming quality on twitch.

---------- Zaktualizowano 20:48 ----------

Ok I confirmed with a friend that's playing that blood decals aren't fixed with day 1 patch.

Well that's a shame I hope the next one will adress it :sad:

Absolutely nobody said it will be fixed in the Day 1 patch. Stop that.

It might be in the next patch or a hotfix though.

Last edited:
Absolutely nobody said it will be fixed in the Day 1 patch. Stop that.
Or a real day 1 patch, since it is already released it isn't technically a day 1 patch :p day -5 patch? when did it get released? (okay another day 1 or day 2 patch...) Hopefully soon but not going to stop me from playing :D

Top Bottom