Blood Patch problems

+
Blood Patch problems

This is a work-in-progress FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , do check it often as new tips are being addedQ: I live in the US, how do i update the game ?A: CD Projekt RED is excited to announce the upcoming release of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut, allowing gamers in North America to experience the award-winning RPG as the developers originally envisioned. The Director’s Cut is set for release as both a free update for existing owners of the North American version of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and as a stand-alone product at various digital distributors.
  • What is The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut?The Director’s Cut is the version of the game our developers originally intended for you to play. It is essentially the same game that gamers around the world have experienced – now available legitimately for the first time in North America.
  • Where will The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut be available?The Director’s Cut update will be available from TheWitcher.com and all applicable digital distributors in North America, including Steam, Impulse and Direct2Drive. We will announce the release date in the coming days, but as of that date, people who buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition from digital distributors will be purchasing the Director’s Cut, as it will replace the existing Enhanced Edition on those sites.
  • Will The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut obtained from digital distribution contain 1.5 patch features (i.e. additional adventures)?Yes, Director’s Cut version of the game will have all features of patch 1.5.
  • Do I need The Witcher: Enhanced Edition to get the Director’s Cut?If you want to just install the patch to get the Director’s Cut content, then you do need The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. If you’re just buying The Witcher for the first time (or feel like buying it again!) then you can just purchase the product via Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive, etc. as they will offer the Director’s Cut as a full product already patched to the latest version.
  • I don’t live in North America or I imported a copy of the game from outside of North America. Should I get the Director’s Cut?You really already have the Director’s Cut if you have the international edition of the game and have installed the 1.5 patch!
  • What is the age rating of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut?The Director’s Cut has received an M rating from the ESRB, with Blood and Gore, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content and Violence.
Download Link: http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/Windows-Narzedzia-Patche-The_Witcher_Enhanced_Edition_Directors_Cut/9259Digital Download users should wait for the update to appear on their download service.Q: How do i install the Directors Cut Patch?A: You need the US version of the game, as this patch is ONLY for the US version of the game, international users already have these patch features.If you have the original game version ( released back in 2007 ):
  • install the game from the DVD
  • install the Enhanced Edition patch 1.4
  • Install patch 1.5
  • install the Directors Cut patch
If you have the Enhanced Edition game version ( released back in 2008 ):
  • install the game from the DVD
  • Install patch 1.5
  • install the Directors Cut patch
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So I purchased the Steam version of the Enhanced Edition and downloaded it tonight.I've seen countless of videos of the game and know the game has blood. Even the pictures in the tutorial display blood.In my game, there is no blood at all. I've all the options maxed (I have an 8800gt) and to no avail, there's still no blood whatsoever.Another slight problem is that during cutscenes (even with DOF off), I can see horizontal filter lines that result in a pixelated image. I have no clue what's causing this either.Here are my specs:Asus P5B MotherboardIntel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0GHzNVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB2GB DDR2-800500GB HDDCreative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZSWhat's the problem here? ???[MOD]Added the info/MOD]

STGhost said:
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum
No, seriously. Where is the blood? I'm seeing reports of this everywhere anyone bought the Steam or Impulse versions.

Thanks for the reply.I'll wait for the fix before I start my playthrough.Could someone from the CDPR team propose a temporary fix? There must be some files copyable from the retail version of the game that might fix this.

Yea I just bought the boxed copy of TWEE and no blood. Very noticeable even after only playing the demo. A little silly when you decapitate someone and their head just falls off without that glorious bloodspray :evil:

No blood. No hot digital sex. And an annoying video stutter as I finished off my first semi-boss NPC - seeing my sword swing start, but then immediately the head is just laying on the ground. Didn't see the sword even swing, much less see it impact. Need the uncensored version of the game, and I don't care if people think poorly of my morals. I'm 39, father of two, married 15 years this month, and a member of the US armed forces. I've seen/heard worse in my life than anything this game portrays (from my experience as a father, not my experience in the military..) :) and really don't want my video games to start being censored like movies and TV and books are here in the US. Links to patches/mods that fix the cut up TW:EE would be greatly appreciated!

The retail has no blood either? This is seriously sounding like censorship.I'm pretty pissed off, because we were clearly told the only difference with the European Edition is nudity and a few line changes. This is going too far, and is very dishonest on the developer's behalf.My apologies if this is a glitch...I really hope it is and this isn't a result of censorship.

I tried out the USA steam version of TWEE and there is no blood in the fighting in the opening tutorial scene. Just red numbers that float up displaying the hits. I like steam alot and since I thought the only difference would be the collector cards being censored I thought no big deal. However, not having blood doesn't make it worth it. Also, the finishing moves seem a bit different, I'm not sure though. I saw a head fall off (with no blood). Hopefully, this gets patched because I really prefer using steam for my games.I played The Witcher originally with the UK version which I still own. I'll just re-install it and download the patch for the UK version on Friday like everyone else I guess.

ex0du5 said:
The retail has no blood either? This is seriously sounding like censorship.I'm pretty pissed off, because we were clearly told the only difference with the European Edition is nudity and a few line changes. This is going too far, and is very dishonest on the developer's behalf.My apologies if this is a glitch...I really hope it is and this isn't a result of censorship.
the game ESRB label on Impulse shows M+17, and lists gore, partial nudity, etc. But.. I suppose there's blood. No gore. There was more gore in the original neverwinter nights if you turned on the extra blood option. There's no splattering of stuff and the diablo 3 trailer was far (far far) more gorey than my Impulse version of TWEE. That said, there's a ton of story driven content in this game and it's quite good so far. I like it so much, that I want more - and that means more of everything the devs originally put into the game!

Steam sells US verisons of games through there digtal service hence why its censored most likey. Europe on the other hand have less restrictions on video game gore, etc. Well I think so anyway. That's a shame though man if that's true.

I would think that the US version would have all of the blood in the game, but not the nudity. That's usually the way things go, violence is ok, but nudity isn't. So I don't know what's up in this case. It has been so long since I played the original Witcher that I don't remember if the US version had blood or not, but I think it did.

I've got the retail version of the US game and it too has no blood. I'm fairly certain the original US version had blood and the rating info says blood and gore on it, so I'm assuming this was just an oversight of some kind.

I just downloaded a file that added it back in, but hopefully it gets patched.(I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to it here, but I found it in the steam witcher forums)

STGhost said:
Blood not being present is an unintentional error that is currently being tracked down. Most likely that will be fixed soon.
Incidentally, thanks to all you Yanks for beta-testing the game for the rest of us. ;)

Well, i've installed old fix for gore/dryad model and it works fine so far, but i installed it just because i can't wait anymore - wanna play ;) and i hope CDP will make an official fix.

yea, that HAS to be an oversight, blood is OK in the USA. I think its Australia and Germany that goes up in arms about blood. I really, really want to buy this game for steam but that put a BIG negative on my purchasing the game any time soon. I was debating waiting to see if someone will get a mod going to replace all the censored stuff so this finalized my decision.I really want the box version with all the cool extra stuff, but I am horrible about keeping track of dvd's at my home. Steam is a life saver in that field, I just do not understand why we cannot buy a version from another country. It would be no different than what sites like gogamer does. Hell, I would pay MORE for the other version...*sigh*, sorry just ranting. ;D

I'd like to throw my name in the hat for blood! To see Geralt wielding that sword, cutting baddies up, and doing some pretty cool looking finishing moves with no blood? It just isn't right.I am new to The Witcher world but had heard good things about it. When I heard the EE was coming, I preordered and just waited. Glad its finally here! ;D

NegativeCreep said:
Incidentally, thanks to all you Yanks for beta-testing the game for the rest of us. ;)
Not a problem. It's part of our job to square away everyone anyway. :p If you're feeling the need to return the favor, please help combine the following:* Polish cut scenes and avatar animations* English (UK or US... I'm flexible) voice over and sub-titles translated from the native Polish.TIA.

Top Bottom