Blood Patch problems

+
The blood patch is right here mate: http://www.atari.com/us/support/newfaq/thewitcherenhancededition.php?browser=1&osType=&pageDisplay=DOWNLOADSafaik the dvd check has been removed for the original witcher but EE still requires it.

I know the obvious answer is to 1.) play game, 2.) kill something, and 3.) if I see no blood, apply patch. :p But having never played the game, I obviously don't know what should and shouldn't produce blood, so I'd like to do things right from the get-go.Full Story: First, I live in North America. (Important info since this blood thing only affects NA users.) The thing is that I am pretty sure I actually purchased the UK version of the game. I went to my local Fry's Electronics store to look for the Enhanced Version of the game, but they only had the regular version and the "Adult" version, so I bought the "Adult" version. (It's okay; I'm in my thirties. :p) On the back of the box, all the copyright information is UK oriented ("Atari United Kingdom LTD," "(c) 2007 Atari Europe," "Made in Europe," etc.), hence why I believe this is really the UK version of the game. So now, as I type this, I'm installing the Enhanced Edition patch--it's been chugging along for about an hour now. Now I've read that the missing blood is just due to some missing file, so when the update completes, if ever, is there some specific file I can look for to know if I need to apply the blood patch or not? I worry because I have also read on the forums how a lot of people are crashing after applying this patch, and I want to avoid that hassle if possible.

Okay, I'm playing through the prologue/tutorials, and there seems to be blood, but for the sake of 100% assurance, I would still appreciate it if anyone knows the exact name of the file(s) I should look for in my game's install directory. Thanks!

MegaStorm said:
Okay, I'm playing through the prologue/tutorials, and there seems to be blood, but for the sake of 100% assurance, I would still appreciate it if anyone knows the exact name of the file(s) I should look for in my game's install directory. Thanks!
if you have the US version you will need itif the sex cards do not have nude girls you have the US version

Yea I was wondering if someone could give me a link to download that blood patch, you know they one to have more blood and stuff in the game like it was supposed to be made, and not that i REALLY care but if you wish to throw in a link for the uncensored nudity patches than thats ok to...Might download them but than again it depends how long they will take.I tried downloading the blood patch thing a while ago from here but it just seemed to give me a text thing instead of the acually patch, oh and also if you could tell me in DETAIL how to install these patches (first time here) for Windows XP, that would also be great!^_^Happy New Years and thank you to all^_^.

Theresa99 said:
Yea I was wondering if someone could give me a link to download that blood patch, you know they one to have more blood and stuff in the game like it was supposed to be made, and not that i REALLY care but if you wish to throw in a link for the uncensored nudity patches than thats ok to...Might download them but than again it depends how long they will take.I tried downloading the blood patch thing a while ago from here but it just seemed to give me a text thing instead of the acually patch, oh and also if you could tell me in DETAIL how to install these patches (first time here) for Windows XP, that would also be great!^_^Happy New Years and thank you to all^_^.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ;)

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Yeah, I'm getting the same corruption.BEFORE, she had the model with the hair covering the breasts, so all the censors in the US could be happy while humans got decapitated, because we couldn't see nips. After a new pair of localized files, she went back to her original, child-corrupting version, but got all blotchy.Also, anyone else notice the Alps monsters doing the same blotchy-thing, nearly? Those were like that before I did ANYTHING though.I'm guessing that if I can somehow override her texture back to uncensored, that would fix it, I just need to get that from somewhere. Anyone got that file and know where to stick it? textures00 dir, or an override dir?Need dryad and alps textures. I haven't seen a bruza yet, but I have a feeling I might want that too. Scratch that, bruxa, alps, and a couple others ALL use the same stuff.Now that I've fought a few alps in low-light areas though... they look fine with no lights on them!!! It could be issues with the lights or maps or something? Bah, idk, I'm no video card expert.The odd part is, this is a Steam DL (and subsequent mod for titties and blood). So the stuff SHOULD be fine, unless the .bif file is telling it to use the "naughty" models, then applying the "non-naughty" lights or textures wrong... I have better things to do than DLing 14 gigs over and over, and I'm sure Steam doesn't want to waste that kind of bandwidth either.
wait for the unofficial update to the unofficial nude patch :p
And where is the unofficial update to the unofficaial nude patch?Even though I don't know how to install this stuff I would still like it^+^ Maybe someone could help me? I have to blood patch thingy on my desktop but am scared to install it somehow.
LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ;)
I think I am to dumb to understand but to me even in the FAQ I do not tend to see a clear walkthrough....I am on window XP btw.....omg I my computer has not freaken sound!!!:( and nothing is muted! WTF![mod]use the MODIFY button[/mod]

Theresa99 said:
Maybe someone could help me? I have to blood patch thingy on my desktop but am scared to install it somehow.I think I am to dumb to understand but to me even in the FAQ I do not tend to see a clear walkthrough....I am on window XP btw.....omg I my computer has not freaken sound!!!:( and nothing is muted! WTF!
there is so walking to be done, run it, and it will do what has to be done, and then you go play the game ::)no sound in The Witcher or in general ?

helloSo the us version of the witcher EE cannot use the blood patch? ( i have vista home premium 32bit) . I have already applied the blood patch and now the sound is all screwed up. And sometimes the sound isnt their at all. I did the EXE install and it said it installed fine.. If I have to remove the patch how do I do that? will I lose where I am in saves?

lotus123 said:
helloSo the us version of the witcher EE cannot use the blood patch? ( i have vista home premium 32bit) . I have already applied the blood patch and now the sound is all screwed up. And sometimes the sound isnt their at all. I did the EXE install and it said it installed fine.. If I have to remove the patch how do I do that? will I lose where I am in saves?
it's meant just for the US version, so it should work okalso the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0 maybe it will help

Ok I installed it.. I will try the game again...thanks/updateThanks so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it works again. the sound wasnt playing after the loading credits like "CD PROJECT" logo etc. The starting movie too !!!! now it does.. so I thing its good again.....I'll play later to be sure thanks YOUR GOOD ![mod]use the MODIFY button[/mod]

First, pease forgive me for not reading the entire 42 pages......I was all over the forum today and I can't remember where I saw this but I read there is a patch to get the "blood" file forgotten on the US version. I have the Witcher EE edition so it looks like I don't have to download the 1.4 patch. Also, I've made it to chapter 5 and will this affect/effect (!) my game?Could any of you tech-savvy people tell me how to get this. I want to see blood and guts ;D

mondotomhead said:
First, pease forgive me for not reading the entire 42 pages......I was all over the forum today and I can't remember where I saw this but I read there is a patch to get the "blood" file forgotten on the US version. I have the Witcher EE edition so it looks like I don't have to download the 1.4 patch. Also, I've made it to chapter 5 and will this affect/effect (!) my game?Could any of you tech-savvy people tell me how to get this. I want to see blood and guts ;D
you should read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 or the first post of the thread

Hi I tried to install the blood revival patch for the Witcher EE. But when I try it says software not found, or patch already installed. But I am pretty sure my game doesnt have it. I dont notice any bloods anywhere. thanks!

Fignuts said:
Hi I tried to install the blood revival patch for the Witcher EE. But when I try it says software not found, or patch already installed. But I am pretty sure my game doesnt have it. I dont notice any bloods anywhere.
try a reinstall:*backup your savegames just to be sure*uninstall game ( keep savegames when asked )*delete the game folder*install the game at version 1.4 from the DVDs[/list]*apply hotfix 2.3*play

This File Shack Blood patch has a trojan in it. :mad:http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/12936/The+Witcher+Enhanced+Edition+-+Blood+PatchDecription Anti-virus successfully quarantined a virus or virusesDate / Time 2009-06-27 06:46:38-4:00Type TreatVirus name Trojan.Win32.Pasta.ydFilename C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\witcher_blood_patch.exeAction QuarantinedMode ManualE-mail

Top Bottom