Blood stain

+

Guest 3841499

No, there is some glitch related to it. I think Brutal Blood 2.0 mod had the best and the most long-lasting effect, but that was about it...

Guest 3841499

If only I could figure out which chunks and params are making it work in 2.0... I like 4.0 a LOT due to awesome guts falling out, but no blood on Geralt sucks...

LukeSparow;n10121062 said:
It's why I still use Brutal Blood 2.0! The blood effect on Geralt is goddamn amazing.

How long stains stays on,i think must be permanent unless dive in water or repair armor.

just look in the file called character_covered_blood it has time settings. Just copy it from version 2.0 and merge it into brutal blood 4.0.
Its under fx\blood\standard_hit\ I dont use brutal blood anymore. I just use my own blood textures I made with no fx files made for them and Geralt gets covered in massive amounts of blood but it only stays on him for 6-8 secs.

https://imgur.com/lyjgfmH
https://imgur.com/HxIGflW

If it isn't too much trouble, could someone kindly pm the 2.0 version to me? It's no longer up on nexus.

willief23;n10125462 said:
just look in the file called character_covered_blood it has time settings. Just copy it from version 2.0 and merge it into brutal blood 4.0. Its under fx\blood\standard_hit\

What's the difference between decalLifetime and decalFadeTime?

Guest 3841499

Do not forget to recooked the mod to cache textures and make it.more merge-friendly!

MonarchX;n10136832 said:
Do not forget to recooked the mod to cache textures and make it.more merge-friendly!

It's merge-friendly as it is though. Actually, if you already threw a recooked version out there in the past the one I shared is probably just that.

Without open a new thread, since we are talking about blood mod...I used brutal blood since a long time, very happy with it...now don't know what happend, I've checed in the mod menu and the mod is correctly enabled..already try to reinstall both lite and full versione but..while the blodd coming out from the enemy work's fine, Geralt doesn't get any tear of blood on his body/armour...tried everything but nothing seems to help...If i disable the mod he got the usually vanilla blood drops but as soon i enable the mod he's clean after a laundry...I'm using also Always dismember mod but I can't see any conflict..help! :)

Guest 3841499

Yeah, it was never fixed and more people wanted blood on Geralt gone than those who wanted him to have it.

All the fixes and solutions provided in this thread never worked for me since version 3.0, maybe due to it becoming a DLC mod. 2.0 was the last one that worked and for me to have Blood on Geralt, but only about 10% of the time Geralt got blood on him.

Guest 3841499

It comes with un-cached textures, completely un-cooked. That leads to degraded performance, longer load times, blurry loading screens during cut scenes, and other issues. It is not a big deal when only a few textures are like that, but the more mods you have with such un-cached textures, the more issues you get. Toooo many mods are like that, unfortunately (even vanilla NitPicker's Patch)They are great mods, fully functional, but not optimized/properly cooked. That is why I do so much re-cooking for myself and whenever possible post re-cooked versions on Nexus in mod threads.

Only ENV balance maps and proxy XBM/texture files do not need to be cached. None of the mods I ever downloaded use such files.

I do not recall why Brutal Blood 2.0 could result in an error during merge when cooked to have texture.cache, but I solved the issue in the end for the mod to have texture cache AND be fully merge-friendly. I think the error was due to custom directory for textures (ulug_textures) that function better when set as DLC (not the case with Brutal Blood 2.0).

The latest version 4.0 is the best one due to guts falling out, new dismemberment stuff (monster heads falling off), new wounds, etc. DLC portion has cached textures, but main mod folder does not, so I also re-cooked it for myself and added a missing normal map. If only I could get blood on Geralt - it would be perfect!

I do not think ulug managed to fix death w2anims files (not yet anyway), which is sad as nobody knows why editing them causes odd issues...

Top Bottom