Blood & Wine expansion Fort Astre tower unfinished area glitches

+
Blood & Wine expansion Fort Astre tower unfinished area glitches

If you enter the tower at Fort Astre from the outside and climb up, you will come to what looks like an incomplete area. There are many glitches and artifacts here, such as: 1) text showing "40cm" and dimensional arrows shown on a wall, 2) floating wooden posts, 3) untextured ladder, 4) wall texture floating slightly above the wall, 5) transparent stones and/or wall segments, 6) wall directly at top of ladder preventing Geralt from entering the area above

Attachments

• photo191152.jpg
    photo191152.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 174
  • photo191162.jpg
    photo191162.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 165
  • photo191192.jpg
    photo191192.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 170
Heh. Not uncommon to find such assets in "out of bounds" areas. Sort of a reminder that this is, in fact, theatre, and Geralt is wandering about on a set. :) (You wandered backstage.)

SigilFey;n10239542 said:
Heh. Not uncommon to find such assets in "out of bounds" areas. Sort of a reminder that this is, in fact, theatre, and Geralt is wandering about on a set. :) (You wandered backstage.)

I totally understand what you're saying. We can't expect everything to be perfect. Although I am not convinced this is supposed to be an "out of bounds" area because: 1) it is in an area (Fort Astre) that must be visited for a quest, 2) there is a ladder and other things in this area indicating that it was intended for players to visit there, at least at one stage of program development. If it was supposed to be out of bounds, why make a ladder, and a room inside the tower in an area that is otherwise not visible? I think it was an oversight.

sew2gog;n10248082 said:
I totally understand what you're saying. We can't expect everything to be perfect. Although I am not convinced this is supposed to be an "out of bounds" area because: 1) it is in an area (Fort Astre) that must be visited for a quest, 2) there is a ladder and other things in this area indicating that it was intended for players to visit there, at least at one stage of program development. If it was supposed to be out of bounds, why make a ladder, and a room inside the tower in an area that is otherwise not visible? I think it was an oversight.

It's possible that it is just an oversight. Did you have to bunny-hop over any walls or walk along any ledges to get there? If not, then it might have been exactly what you're saying. Although, I think it's probably just an area used to figure something out during development, and then the devs forget to cordon it off or something.

Top Bottom