Bloody Baron different outcome, possibly bug?

+
Bloody Baron different outcome, possibly bug?

Do you want to save the Baron AND the children? Well, it is possible (I read it on a comment in the wiki and it works). You need to go to the spirit at whispering hillock BEFORE taking the quest from the Crones. You help the spirit and when you talk to the Crones they spare the woman and you get the ending that you would have got if you had killed the spirit. But it does not seem right to me. Could it be a bug ? Why wouldn't the Crones curse Anna if I helped the spirit before talking to them? She let the children escape in both scenarios.

@GingerEffect @REDDorigen bug or intended?
If it is intended, well that is a really good way of rewarding exploring, kudos (better than getting some weapons that are actually slightly better than the ones you have)

Last edited:
Do you want to save the Baron AND the children? Well, it is possible (I read it on a comment in the wiki and it works). You need to go to the spirit at whispering hillock BEFORE taking the quest from the Crones. You help the spirit and when you talk to the Crones they spare the woman and you get the ending that you would have got if you had killed the spirit. But it does not seem right to me. Could it be a bug ? Why wouldn't the Crones curse Anna if I helped the spirit before talking to them? She let the children escape in both scenarios.

@GingerEffect @REDDorigen bug or intended?
If it is intended, well that is a really good way of rewarding exploring, kudos (better than getting some weapons that are actually slightly better than the ones you have)

It's not a bug, as intended. Having that in mind please note that
in this scenario the spirit doesn't rescue the children, because Geralt didn't meet them yet.

It's not a bug, as intended. Having that in mind please note that
in this scenario the spirit doesn't rescue the children, because Geralt didn't meet them yet.

Thanks a lot. Wow, this is really nice - the decision changes depending on the way you do things. Are there other stuff like that in the game? (If you could say yes or no it'd be great, but without any other spoilers). If I do Novigrad quests before Velen ones will I get a different experience? Or should I just see that for myself.
But doesn't Geralt ask the spirit about the children? When she says that she will help them ,he asks if they are in danger. Note that I talked to the spirit AFTER I had met the children. I had helped Johnny and when Geralt told him to lead him to the Crones I stopped following him and went to find the Spirit

Last edited:
Does the village still die? If so you just killed a bunch of kids int hat village. I don't see how releasing the evil spirit works.

Top Bottom