Bloody Baron is terrible and I want my 800 scraps back

+
Bloody Baron is terrible and I want my 800 scraps back

The title pretty much says it all. In a dozen matches I have yet to get him over 12 strength, and that's with a Drought and an RNR in the deck. Also, in 12 matches, I am yet to see a Monster deck. even in Casual. I'm gonna keep playing it, simply because the Devs and I have been at odds since the Closed Beta about the fact that deck configuration determines your opponent pool, and I remain convinced that it does.

At this point, I don't even know how to fix him, short of giving him a completely different ability altogether. He might be the worst Gold Card in the game at this point, I don't say that lightly, because there are some bad ones. If someone has a good use for him that I am missing, I'm listening to ideas.

You know, its kind of funny. CDPR said there will be scrap refunds for nerfed cards. Which means that if you play OP cards, you get the benefit of extra wins, extra levels, higher rank, and then when those cards get nerfed and you mill them you get bonus scrap back! On the other hand, if you were dumb enough to play Northern Realms you get to lose more matches and you lose all that scrap crafting ****** cards! Northern Realms players take it from both ends apparently.

frbfree;n8786450 said:
The title pretty much says it all. In a dozen matches I have yet to get him over 12 strength, and that's with a Drought and an RNR in the deck. Also, in 12 matches, I am yet to see a Monster deck. even in Casual. I'm gonna keep playing it, simply because the Devs and I have been at odds since the Closed Beta about the fact that deck configuration determines your opponent pool, and I remain convinced that it does.

At this point, I don't even know how to fix him, short of giving him a completely different ability altogether. He might be the worst Gold Card in the game at this point, I don't say that lightly, because there are some bad ones. If someone has a good use for him that I am missing, I'm listening to ideas.

I have brought this point up before and also feel that it is unfair that you are forced to play against certain decks when using a certain faction.

RickMelethron;n8786490 said:
and this, kids, is a perfect example of how to *not* give feedback to game developers ;)

My position on this matter has been clear long before now. They are aware, and they are not changing their position. There's no retribution coming, it's just a difference of opinion. All I can do is continue to compile the data.

ThreePi;n8786470 said:
Which means that if you play OP cards, you get the benefit of extra wins, extra levels, higher rank, and then when those cards get nerfed and you mill them you get bonus scrap back

Yeah, but those refunds will only be given to people who got those cards out of kegs/rewards, so dont get ahead of yourself thinking you are going to get refunded for those 800 scraps you spent on RNR.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Laveley;n8786660 said:
Yeah, but those refunds will only be given to people who got those cards out of kegs/rewards, so dont get ahead of yourself thinking you are going to get refunded for those 800 scraps you spent on RNR.

You've got that backwards. It would be more logical to refund people who crafted the card because they've actively invested in it, rather than those that got lucky with the rewards. Either way, the only fair way to handle this is by refunding everyone who has the nerfed card in their collection.

4RM3D;n8786720 said:
You've got that backwards. It would be more logical to refund people who crafted the card because they've actively invested in it, rather than those that got lucky with the rewards. Either way, the only fair way to handle this is by refunding everyone who has the nerfed card in their collection.

I don't get why they should refund anyone. Again, if you used the card you've already been rewarded from it through the extra wins/ranks/levels, no reason to reward them again by cashing out at a higher level.

frbfree;n8786450 said:
The Devs and I have been at odds since the Closed Beta about the fact that deck configuration determines your opponent pool, and I remain convinced that it does.

Care to elaborate on what this even means? Are you honestly making the claim that if you build a certain deck with a specific theme it picks opponents accordingly? That seems very far fetched.

ThreePi;n8786470 said:
Which means that if you play OP cards, you get the benefit of extra wins, extra levels, higher rank, and then when those cards get nerfed and you mill them you get bonus scrap back!

if you think one card is making the opponent win, you're probably doing it wrong.

also, i don't get this mentality of "having more rewards". the daily rewards are the same for everyone, as are the rank and level rewards. doesn't matter if you get level 50 in a day or three years, you'll get the same rewards.

ThreePi;n8786800 said:
I don't get why they should refund anyone. Again, if you used the card you've already been rewarded from it through the extra wins/ranks/levels, no reason to reward them again by cashing out at a higher level.

that's like buying a new phone and have it break after a month, then you ask for a repair and they reply "well, you already used the phone for a month, so you don't get anything"

RickMelethron;n8787000 said:
if you think one card is making the opponent win, you're probably doing it wrong.

also, i don't get this mentality of "having more rewards". the daily rewards are the same for everyone, as are the rank and level rewards. doesn't matter if you get level 50 in a day or three years, you'll get the same rewards.
"

The more you win the higher rank you achieve and the fast you'll complete the dailies, ergo, more rewards.

RickMelethron;n8787000 said:
that's like buying a new phone and have it break after a month, then you ask for a repair and they reply "well, you already used the phone for a month, so you don't get anything"

No, it's more like buying a phone you know will be obsolete in a month and expecting a full refund when your phone isn't the new hotness anymore.

Last edited:
What did you expect this card would do? From the card description it is not hard to see that in many matchups it won't be very powerful at the moment.

Anyhow, my guess is BB will see a rework sooner or later since this card isn't played often these days.
So it might help to give more constructive feedback to CDPR or wait to see how BB changes. If this card changes a lot you'll probably even get your scraps back.

Redcoat2012;n8786850 said:
Care to elaborate on what this even means? Are you honestly making the claim that if you build a certain deck with a specific theme it picks opponents accordingly? That seems very far fetched.

This is precisely what I am claiming. I don't have enough Open Beta play to really push stats yet, but in closed beta, the very first Mill NG decks would never run up against discard SK, Monster Weather decks would very rarely encounter Rally ST decks, and often swapping out one or two cards would vastly change the occurrence of opponents. Literally, when I first ran Mill NG in CB, I would sometimes wait for 90 seconds in the queue before timing out (when the meta was heavy with Discard SK) but the second I switched to a Radovid Control or Dwarf deck, I'd see opponents in the first 10 seconds.

MrRagdoll;n8787320 said:
You are using Drought and RNR on same deck and cry for refund?

No, I'm not crying for a refund. The title is a play on the phrase, "Life is a lemon and I want my money back." I have plenty of competitive decks, and I am going to get all the cards anyway. I'm not really that upset that I would ever demand a refund for anything. He'll get reworked eventually, and I will find a way to use him.

devivre;n8788880 said:
What did you expect this card would do? From the card description it is not hard to see that in many matchups it won't be very powerful at the moment.

Anyhow, my guess is BB will see a rework sooner or later since this card isn't played often these days.
So it might help to give more constructive feedback to CDPR or wait to see how BB changes. If this card changes a lot you'll probably even get your scraps back.

In hindsight, I don't know exactly what I thought it would do. Actually, that's not true. What I thought to myself was, it would be a Round 3 counter to Grave Hag. But like I said, I haven't seen a consume deck since I started running it.

And if the card changes, I wouldn't want my scraps back. I don't want my scraps back at all. I was eventually going to own him anyway. But I am saying he needs a rework.

frbfree;n8786450 said:
Also, in 12 matches, I am yet to see a Monster deck. even in Casual. I'm gonna keep playing it, simply because the Devs and I have been at odds since the Closed Beta about the fact that deck configuration determines your opponent pool, and I remain convinced that it does.

I'd like to ask if the devs ever stated anything about deck configuration and matchmaking.

Afaik, no such connection exists, can someone enlighten me?

Checco515;n8790610 said:
I'd like to ask if the devs ever stated anything about deck configuration and matchmaking.

Afaik, no such connection exists, can someone enlighten me?

I think the Dev's official position is here:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...50#post8057150

Again, perhaps "eliminates" potential opponents is too strong, but I maintain based on over 1000 matches in CB, that your odds of getting one opponent over another is skewed by the cards in your deck.

EDIT - And here is my closed beta thread about Mill Nilfgaard.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...d-aa/7976790-bran-is-not-welcome-in-nilfgaard

ThreePi;n8787200 said:
The more you win the higher rank you achieve and the fast you'll complete the dailies, ergo, more rewards.

faster rewards =/= more rewards

as i said, doesn't matter if you complete your dailies in 1h or 5, the rewards will be the same.

ThreePi;n8787200 said:
No, it's more like buying a phone you know will be obsolete in a month and expecting a full refund when your phone isn't the new hotness anymore.

not at all. it doesn't matter if a new phone comes out as long as the phone you bought still works the same way. however, if a card is changed, it won't be working the same way as the card you acquired.

IE, if they change tibor to be 8 str + 12, it isn't the same card you acquired anymore, since you acquired a 10+15 (aka, it doesn't work the way it did when you bought the phone)
however, if they release a new card that is a 15+20, you don't get to complain about your tibor, since it's still the same card you acquired.

L2Logic

RickMelethron;n8793390 said:
faster rewards =/= more rewards

as i said, doesn't matter if you complete your dailies in 1h or 5, the rewards will be the same.

not at all. it doesn't matter if a new phone comes out as long as the phone you bought still works the same way. however, if a card is changed, it won't be working the same way as the card you acquired.

IE, if they change tibor to be 8 str + 12, it isn't the same card you acquired anymore, since you acquired a 10+15 (aka, it doesn't work the way it did when you bought the phone)
however, if they release a new card that is a 15+20, you don't get to complain about your tibor, since it's still the same card you acquired.

L2Logic

Time is a limited resource for many people, so no, not everyone will get the same rewards. Should CDPR compensate underpowered factions for having to expend more time to get the "same rewards?" Not to mention, leaderboard position is a finite limit, so players using overtuned cards will be more likely to get better rewards than people who accidentally craft Djikstra.

ThreePi;n8786800 said:

I think it would be fair if they refunded only those players who got nerfed card ~week ago. Players don't always know when new patch will be and might waste their hard-earned scraps on cards which are nerfed on the next day.

Top Bottom