Bloom lighting effect is killing long range combat if you are in a darker room than the one you are shooting into

+
If you are in a dark room and you look through a door way to a bright room this lighting effect pretty much kills long range combat. It forces me it come out the room and out of cover. I want to play the game my way and not have visual effect dictate my tactics.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-12 125628.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-12 125628.png
    773.3 KB · Views: 285
You can disable some of the effects in the menu: "Full control is available over visual effects such as motion blur, film grain, chromatic aberration and depth of field. [Graphics -> Basic] "

I don't know if it helps (I'm on PS4 - but here if also disabled some of these things...).

Guest 4406876

I have tried that and none of those options seem to help.
This happens in the desert in Afghanistan at 12 o clock in july. Should be less invasive, especially speaking about a character that has cyber optics that should help a little to filter image noise.

I'm in the same boat here, like i can appreciate "realistic lighting" but this is giving me too much eye strain. It's literally hurting my eyes. I haven't had a game do this to me in years.

It goes the other way too...driving into a tunnel too fast is a dice roll whether I'm going to get even halfway through without hitting something because I have to wait for the "eyes" to adjust. Cars also going into tunnels without turning on their (pathetic) lights is pretty annoying because they just blend into the background.

You should also avoid driving in first person in Delamain or the easter egg Caliburn (as far as i know) into a tunnel. If you can manage to knock the door off the Caliburn, you can see the interior glow in 3rd person as well.

Post automatically merged:

1613824532886.png

There are too many examples of this around the city. I'd inundate the servers uploading all of the screen shots I could take.

Last edited:
Top Bottom