Bloomberg Report, 2018 Demo was almost entirely fake.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 3847602

To be fair, TW3 didn't have guards spawn from nowhere anywhere you were in the game world and try to blindly kill you if you accidently bumped a pedestrian whilst galloping about on Roach either. Let's talk immersion in a dystopian worl..... Oh nevermind....

I'm not saying the Bloomberg write-up has any accuracy to it. In the current times "reporting" deals less with facts and more with pushing agendas. It's not a stretch to assume incompetence is involved somewhere along the chain though. Otherwise there wouldn't be an official apology and a game outright pulled from specific hardware platforms.
Sure, TW3 was released in much better technical state, I'm not arguing otherwise. The way they approached CP2077 marketing was wrong and I said that long ago:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/new-secret-message.11007385/page-2#post-11564815
All I'm saying is that seeing feature x, y, or z in a demo has never been a guarantee for seeing it in the game, so people should keep their expectations in check. Don't fall for the hype, especially when giant disclaimer "not representative of the final product" is right in front of your eyes. Not because developers are crooked, lazy or incompetent but because things not always go as planned and they can't find the way to implement every feature in a seamless way.

And? look at E32003 - remember Half-life 2? absolutely fake vid. or later Crysis "gameplay" trailer? Fake. This is nothing new. Only game I remember was not fake was DOOM2016 during E32015 and even there the foundry level was a composite and they didn't have those god awful glowing pickups and loot drops and blue outlines on interactables, that were in final product (and I had to mod them out =).

Other than that. It is a safe bet that all trailers, gameplay videos and screenshots are bullshit. xD Just accept it - your life will be easier.

is it OK? NO.

Will it stop when people point their fingers at it and crying on the internet for 20 years? NO xD Outrage is your choice, stop being a victim.

Other than that. It is a safe bet that all trailers, gameplay videos and screenshots are bullshit. xD Just accept it - your life will be easier.
Far from truth. There are companies that don't practice this BS. People have every right to get angry if they were misled by promos. I mean, look at trailers by Rockstar. RDR2 and GTAV had legit realistic trailers, that represented the respective games accurately. Besides, they were released when the bulk of development was done and they were ready to show the game which looks very close to the final result.

At this point i dont care what anyone thinks. Im waiting for the tools for modding this game so my friend and i can take a look At this god awful AI npc system...it breaks every immersion for me so i just turn it off and also the crowd system should have different tabs for people and cars.

My response to this is NO SHIT

What makes this even worse is that CDPR trolled other devs who were engaged in such sleezy practices and then did the same things themselves.

I feel horrible for the devteam but my god the upper management has no sympathies from me.

Last edited:
Btw.

LThe header in the video says:

WORK IN PROGRESS - DIES NOT PREPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME

Maybe I am a bit post in translation but to me it means that the game might not look the same but well - features are not looks.
This whole situation starts to look like anthem 2.0...

Maybe they will fix the issues but to all the people who give this game more than a 6/10 in their books, should trigger the glorious police at least once in the game.

The "BioWare Magic" that saved DA 3 and ruined Andromeda & Anthem is rubbing off on CDPR. "We made The Witcher 3", true but you have to remember: you are still an indie studio not an EA or Activision sub studio.

I guess "The Witcher Magic" didn't work out this time. I hope they learn the lesson this time.
Indeed.
Post automatically merged:

Well the interview basically almost nullifies everything from the "apology" from the CEO.

At this point, i lost all trust in CDPR.
They say they didnt knew the game would be this buggy and messy? Lie. Even in the Apology he lied.

CDPR became just like any other studio at this point.

I lost all faith in this company. Well.. whatever.. i will just move on and never buy anything from them again.

Commitment to Quality? Literally a meme by now.

Thought the same: the Bloomberg article kind of makes everything said in the official apology a lie.
Post automatically merged:

Btw.

LThe header in the video says:

WORK IN PROGRESS - DIES NOT PREPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME

Maybe I am a bit post in translation but to me it means that the game might not look the same but well - features are not looks.
This whole situation starts to look like anthem 2.0...

Maybe they will fix the issues but to all the people who give this game more than a 6/10 in their books, should trigger the glorious police at least once in the game.

Fans will be fans. Sometimes blindly.

"Anonymous sources" = the term you use to pass off your opinions as facts.

People need to accept that 90% of the problems with this game come from cdpr cutting/disabling shit to get it to run on the consoles and do to parity agreements with both Sony and Microsoft the pc version had to be the same.

This game was not built in a year. Yes cdpr fumbled quite a bit and bear the brunt of the blame. But this article is simple hyperbole afforded by a media industry that gives jobs to people that literally can make up their own news stories to get a paycheck.

Common truths;

Marketing people up-sell and over-hype products of all types every day.

Consumers become indignant when products don't live up to the marketing hype every day.

The cycle continues

The end..

Guys, do you really expect a company to say plain and simple that a game wasn't ready when they said so while there's a lawsuit ongoing?

You've never worked in damage control, do you?

did you miss the huge ass banner thats visible thouout the entire video?

"WORK IN PROGRESS - DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME"

cutting features is completely normal in games and software development in general
They're like the toy company Bandai. When they would release their Japanese products in the US. 95% of the time. The photos used on the boxes where the superrior Japanese versions. That have more paint, chrome, and other elements. That where removed in the US. And they didn't photograph the altered toys. Because they looked like crap. They hide behind the "Product may vary" bullshit line on the bottom. It's false advertising when it goes too far.

At first I gave CDPR a pass with the wall climbing. I was saying: "They have to protect from exploits for people in getting missions the wrong way." But they have the freaking legs. Which allows you to do this anyway. So that's BS.

I love this game, and I've played far too much of it the last month, but... The more I play, the more I see missing parts. The infatuation of the the first two playthroughs has faded, and now I see the game in the morning without my beer goggles, so to speak.

I do really, really hope that the game will be fixed, and that cut content will be restored, old-gen consoles be damned, but right now this is how I feel about CDPR. :/

CDPR.jpg

It's not ok to the long term ; still doesn't make me blind to say it's not a top priority and I don't care about it as long as the major features are working as intended.
Yeah, I'm not good at picking up my pitch fork to shed some blood with the other villagers.
The thing is. You don't release a game in this state.
Banana software is not acceptable.

And about working as intended. The skill system is basically broken on consoles. The cyberware is not functioning as well and most mwaees of the cyberdeck are dead as well.
You can't walk 5 meters without finding misplaced assets and the crafting is absolutely poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom