Bloomberg Report, 2018 Demo was almost entirely fake.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not ok to the long term ; still doesn't make me blind to say it's not a top priority and I don't care about it as long as the major features are working as intended.
Yeah, I'm not good at picking up my pitch fork to shed some blood with the other villagers.

I understand your point and personally agree with it. The police isn't my top issue either. They're annoying as hell when I take a tight turn and hit a few pedestrians and suddenly a rocket hits me but that happens rarely.

Ultimately though, what is the top issues with the game is highly subjective. Some people wanted this to be GTA5 in the future.

I will say, they removed 3rd person cutscenes, even though 98% of the video is first person, I don't think people wanting third person gameplay would be satisfied with a few 3rd person scenes once in awhile.
People would have connected to V easier. One of the reasons why V feels neglected and Johnny "steals" the show. Is because of the lack of not seeing V. Key sections of the game needed cut scenes. So you can hit those emotional moments better. Every time I watch V during the Rouge ending. I get mad at not being able to see V like this. If they chose their places good. I would have been more statisfied. Than V sitting down and needing to do my own camera work.

Just a few places I thought they could have done this. The diner scene with Takemura. The Razor fight, when V wins. V falling down the hole. And watching Takemura try to survive. And you than give your choice to run or help. When Smash kills one of the helpers. The elevator scene in Embers. V putting their hands on the wall screamed cut to third person mode. The phone call on the roof. There needs to be shots for the lover and V. Jackie's death in the car. First time Johnny activates. Going into his POV. And for Kerry. This is more a way to cover up the shortcomings of them showing him trying to lean in into kissing people he can't.

Last edited:
Far from truth. There are companies that don't practice this BS. People have every right to get angry if they were misled by promos. I mean, look at trailers by Rockstar. RDR2 and GTAV had legit realistic trailers, that represented the respective games accurately. Besides, they were released when the bulk of development was done and they were ready to show the game which looks very close to the final result.

Well sure we can split hairs and nitpick exceptions that make a rule right? Besides R* also Death Stranding, and HITMAN2016, didn't bullshit - I didn't want to create TLDR fucking post disecting marketing campaing of every game since past 20years OK- But facts stand - even my very favorite games like STALKER and Dishonored all have either bullshit trailer, or atleast cinematic trailer (that obviously does not represtent the game very much) - and dishonored had some awesome cinematic trailers, I give them that. The primary point was: Learn from experience - Dont expect unrealistic things. Why put responsibillity for your emitions in to hands of marketing department of any company - c'mon xD

People would have connected to V easier. One of the reasons why V feels neglected and Johnny "steals" the show. Is because of the lack of not seeing V. Key sections of the game needed cut scenes. So you can hit those emotional moments better. Every time I watch V during the Rouge ending. I get mad at not being able to see V like this. If they chose their places good. I would have been more statisfied. Than V sitting down and needing to do my own camera work.

Just a few places I thought they could have done this. The diner scene with Takemura. The Razor fight, when V wins. V falling down the hole. And watching Takemura try to survive. And you than give your choice to run or help. When Smash kills one of the helpers. The elevator scene in Embers. V putting their hands on the wall screamed cut to third person mode. The phone call on the roof. There needs to be shots for the lover and V. Jackie's death in the car. First time Johnny activates. Going into his POV. And for Kerry. This is more a way to cover up the shortcomings of them showing him trying to lean in into kissing people he can't.

That's your opinion.

I actually like that fact that the game is in FPP and those scenes played out as they did.

I'm not sure why everyone's surprised about the demo being fake. I mean, it was less fake than that Anthem "gameplay" demo, which was entirely pre-rendered. At least this wasn't. It was a bit of a proof-of-concept. The BAD thing about the demo was that it gave the impression of "this is what we're making" - which turned out to be misleading...

Where was the bot suggested to be some type of pet system? that scene plays the same as Ingame.
The bot was presented as an companion until they decided that the techie/netrunner-skilltree overlap with him.
the visitor and teeth brushing are clearly a cutscene, not some type of gameplay footage or feature.
The whole Video was presented as gameplay-footage, for gods sake. How should a viewer know, that is wasn't meant as a ingame-feature? So if they say Sep. 2019 that they want to go 100% FPS it was meant at this what a normal viewer would have thought after the 2018 Video: FPS with cutscenes.
many npcs have day/night routines.
Examples? I always saw the same bags around my appartment.
they got rid of mantis wall running, but we got double jump, air evasion, hovering, and super jump, not limited by arm weapon choice.
Hurray...
I will say, they removed 3rd person cutscenes, even though 98% of the video is first person, I don't think people wanting third person gameplay would be satisfied with a few 3rd person scenes once in awhile.
Oh that is a huge difference. KCD is FP with cutscenes. Seeing Henry occasionally as person, with the armor that I let him wear, the new haircut (haha) that I choosed, made him as a person more believable than V could ever be. Maybe they should consulted a few psychologist how FPS really builds the relation between player and maincharacter. Especially with this "I'm a JS-Vessel and nothing what I do can stop my doom"-Story as background.
Because:
Achieving full immersion in an FPP game is extremely important and the decision made by the team to go 100% first person in @CyberpunkGame is something that will benefit it greatly from gameplay and story-telling perspectives.
Didn't happend.

I know that CDPR like to wag to be the "creator of Witcher 3" and "industryleader of rpg-whatever" and that they were enthusatic about RDR2. But I never read that they wanted CP2077 to be a kind of Far Cry or Destiny-Clone.
regardless, those are changes that one might expect 2 years before the game comes out. They are not presenting some inaccurate fantasy
E3 and other Game-Events should go down the hill. They are not usefull at all, if the studios can make their presentions without any substance and everybody would be fine with it. How can anybody think, that this is in the game?
GTA VI: Trailer with cars and beach and drugs and weapons and pewpew. But the game itself is Animal Crossing searching pink shells in the sand with a cute egghead-character. - That is totally acceptable. Didn't you see "work in progress"?

Well sure we can split hairs and nitpick exceptions that make a rule right? Besides R* also Death Stranding, and HITMAN2016, didn't bullshit - I didn't want to create TLDR fucking post disecting marketing campaing of every game since past 20years OK- But facts stand - even my very favorite games like STALKER and Dishonored all have either bullshit trailer, or atleast cinematic trailer (that obviously does not represtent the game very much) - and dishonored had some awesome cinematic trailers, I give them that. The primary point was: Learn from experience - Dont expect unrealistic things. Why put responsibillity for your emitions in to hands of marketing department of any company - c'mon xD
Oh, come on. Expecting a game advertised in a trailer isn't unrealistic. Some companies do fake ads, other don't. And if you made a fake trailer and people rightfully drown you in shit - well, serves you right. No sympathy from me. At worst I'll make refund, at best I will hold on my pre-order next time. Because now I know you're one of those companies that try to sell fake products.

I mean. I can absolutely understand them killing the wallrunning, because I can really see it breaking the game in addition to being able to fa though walls as well.

But the hacking while gripping was cool and looked like it had a good risk/reward ration.

They teased us with so many features that did not make it to the game and reduced most mechanics and guns to the bare minimum.

I highly doubt they will change or even refine the core mechanics.

Well, aren't they working closely with modders to release a much more in-depth Wolvenkit?

I can't seem to find the article where I saw that :shrug:

Might not see anything from the trailers from CDPR themselves but we could definitely see it from modders if this is true.

I mean. I can absolutely understand them killing the wallrunning, because I can really see it breaking the game in addition to being able to fa though walls as well.

But the hacking while gripping was cool and looked like it had a good risk/reward ration.

They teased us with so many features that did not make it to the game and reduced most mechanics and guns to the bare minimum.

I highly doubt they will change or even refine the core mechanics.
Hacking by connecting to an enemy was so cool in 2018 demo. Shame it was removed.

Well, aren't they working closely with modders to release a much more in-depth Wolvenkit?

I can't seem to find the article where I saw that :shrug:

Might not see anything from the trailers from CDPR themselves but we could definitely see it from modders if this is true.
The modders wrote it on reddit iirc.

It's a good move to open the tressure chest for modders but IMHO, it's not the job of the modders to fix the game.

In addition, only PC players get to use the mods. So it's only for PC.

The modders wrote it on reddit iirc.

It's a good move to open the tressure chest for modders but IMHO, it's not the job of the modders to fix the game.

In addition, only PC players get to use the mods. So it's only for PC.

It's not their jobs but as an ex-modder myself and someone who is still heavily invested in the modding community, I don't know of any modder who's stance is "NOT MY JOB". That's against the very nature of modding. Modding is a passion project.

Furthermore, them working with modders doesn't automatically mean they won't fix anything.

I know this is selfish but if modders fix the game and CDPR doesn't... I don't really care :shrug: I'm playing on PC and, yes, it would suck for console players and I sure hope CDPR doesn't leave them behind. If they do and modders fix the game, I can't say I won't be a happy camper.

It's not their jobs but as an ex-modder myself and someone who is still heavily invested in the modding community, I don't know of any modder who's stance is "NOT MY JOB". That's against the very nature of modding. Modding is a passion project.

Furthermore, them working with modders doesn't automatically mean they won't fix anything.

I know this is selfish but if modders fix the game and CDPR doesn't... I don't really care :shrug: I'm playing on PC and, yes, it would suck for console players and I sure hope CDPR doesn't leave them behind. If they do and modders fix the game, I can't say I won't be a happy camper.
Man. We were already left behind on December 10th.

That banner is a great excuse to put out a tetris clone instead of what was shown in promos. That banner was hanging in almost all promo videos of the game. Cutting features is normal as long as you don't promote your game with these features. Every game has cut content. But it's not right to advertise your game with stuff that you aren't sure will be in the final release. Especially if you're a company that prides itself on transparent and fair relationship with customers/gamers. It just smells like clever deception. It's like in case of letter of the law vs. spirit of the law. You're honest that some element is in the game, like a couple of braindance sequences, but you try to sell it as a major and important feature. Technically it's in the game, but you still feel cheated.

It's like selling a burger saying there is meat in it, but when consumers complain that there isn't, the seller put out a magnifying glass and point to the dot of meat stuck in one of the pores of the bread.

Although, I would laugh if modders actaully did fix chunks of the game. And made the obious content that should have been in the game.

I don't want to be rude or anything, but you know when you're buying a console that you will be limited to what the developer wanted the game to feel.

CDPR clearly needs to fix CP2077 on last gen, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom