Bloomberg Report, 2018 Demo was almost entirely fake.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not insane and it's pretty much clear that the free dlc will look like what we got for tw3. So some gigs and maybe a hairdresser.

See. I have a different opinion but calling me insane is a bit much.
I said "inane" as in "silly"

No need to be so defensive.

Well I personally have less and less faith in me ever picking up the game again. Unless they make some serious expanding on V's story and add in proper meaningful RPG elements.
Maybe an advice: try to stay clear from discussions and anything else and enjoy time more. :)
It may have to do with being in a spiral of negativity which lead to yous (and maybe others) lose of .. lets call it faith or whatever. Maybe at some point you started to dislike it not because you want to dislike it, but because you thought you needed to dislike it because "everyone" else does it?

Sorry for overstepping my boundaries. Still: I wish everyone a good day/evening. :)

Maybe an advice: try to stay clear from discussions and anything else and enjoy time more. :)
It may have to do with being in a spiral of negativity which lead to yous (and maybe others) lose of .. lets call it faith or whatever. Maybe at some point you started to dislike it not because you want to dislike it, but because you thought you needed to dislike it because "everyone" else does it?

Sorry for overstepping my boundaries. Still: I wish everyone a good day/evening. :)
I know, and you are right. I'm already trying to stay away from the forums as much as I can. But whenever I do check out new things I just get more and more dissapointed.

I'm not hating on the game to be fair. It's just not the kind of game that I care for in it's current state. The game is okay for a shooter game, but I prefer RPGs.

I said "inane" as in "silly"

No need to be so defensive.
Sorry. It's my opinion based on what I have seen so far and what officials stated. Since the next gen version does not come out until autumn 2021, they have a lot of time to look into the criticism brought up.
Nonetheless, I will still read the spoilers on payed dlcs, to see if this game will be worth additional time.

I would like to be pleasently surprised but my expectations are very low at this point.

I know, and you are right. I'm already trying to stay away from the forums as much as I can. But whenever I do check out new things I just get more and more dissapointed.

I'm not hating on the game to be fair. It's just not the kind of game that I care for in it's current state. The game is okay for a shooter game, but I prefer RPGs.
That's all fine, maybe just come back again later after some patches and stuff and maybe you'll be able to enjoy it then. If not, then it might not have been the game for you, who knows? Either way taking a more relaxing and observing stance can be really good and open your mind. ;)

That's all fine, maybe just come back again later after some patches and stuff and maybe you'll be able to enjoy it then. If not, then it might not have been the game for you, who knows? Either way taking a more relaxing and observing stance can be really good and open your mind. ;)
That's saying that it's the players fault. Nice try.

They SPENT months to build a demo to fk the world.

And they thought the game was running ok.

And they are so proud of the PC version now. The uncut enanched edition version?

Cyberpunk: the most accurate, calculated epic fraud of the decade.

Another day another clickbait. I don't know what's worse, the poor journalism or the ppl that keep spreading it without even a moments thought about it's contents
Is it even explained whay does it mean by "fake"? I cannot read it all. Also developers leaving a company just because of the camera perspective of the game they are workign on sounds too strange to be real.

Sorry but once again this guy article looks to me like 20% of real informations, mixed with 80% of speculation and drama inducing statements for "clicks".

Okay so first thing that stands out to me, " 2018 demo was almost entirely fake ".
Start walking on foot for a while arround Night City and look on details, assets, underpasses, overpasses etc ...and tell me if it was possible to make all of this in 2 years ? slap onto that all of the RPG elemenets, characters, cars, writing, weapons...well everything that glues the game together.

Well ? One district in this game has more work put into it than some entire games that sell for 60$. Now you could tell me that devs at CDPR are so overworked they could actualy put it together in 2 years. Sure, sure... "evil overlords from CDPR".

One thing people need to realize, the journalists are basicaly immune to getting " called out " about something.
Nobody will point the fingers and counter journalist with another article titled : " you're full of shit, and here's why...".

So all in all I would take this with grain of salt.

Lol you dont know Jason Schreier at all. Also, he mentioned numerous people from the INSIDE who stay Anonymous helped with that story. Playing the game, looking at the marketing videos. 1+1=2. its pretty clear what happened. Dont be so naive.

Is it even explained whay does it mean by "fake"? I cannot read it all. Also developers leaving a company just because of the camera perspective of the game they are workign on sounds too strange to be real.
It means that it was specifically built for E3 with a month development that wasn't spent on the actual game. Also it says that the top devs had a specific vision on the gameplay for the game that didn't match with the head of the project.

why all the hate for Schreier? He's the only investigative gaming journalist we have and most of his in-depth articles so far have been spot on. I don't know the dude personally, but so far I would not call him malicious (and his chapter about the making of Witcher 3 in Blood, Sweat and Pixels is pretty positive).
There's a reason he is feared by publishers, because he mostly gets it right. Usually for articles like this, publishers/devs get at least 24h hours advance notice to comment on it before it is published. As mentioned in the article, CDPR decided not to comment on it. Which probably means nothing they could say would make it any better because the allegations are true.
I really hope he is going to dig up some information about the cut content.

why all the hate for Schreier? He's the only investigative gaming journalist we have and most of his in-depth articles so far have been spot on. I don't know the dude personally, but so far I would not call him malicious (and his chapter about the making of Witcher 3 in Blood, Sweat and Pixels is pretty positive).
There's a reason he is feared by publishers, because he mostly gets it right. Usually for articles like this, publishers/devs get at least 24h hours advance notice to comment on it before it is published. As mentioned in the article, CDPR decided not to comment on it. Which probably means nothing they could say would make it any better because the allegations are true.
I really hope he is going to dig up some information about the cut content.

Because his ego is the size of a small planet.

Off topic posts deleted. This thread is for discussing the Bloomberg article, not Unreal engine capabilities.

He can have the ego of the universe for all I care. If he is credible as a journalist then that is all that matters in this context.
If you want to risk it you can risk it, but I ain't touching his tainted "Journalism" with a 10 foot pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom