Blue star minimap icon

+
So what is the blue star minimap icon? It looks like the wanted level star. I've stopped at several of these and I don't get any onscreen prompts or tooltips that might give a clue. I've cleared all hostiles from these areas and gotten no rewards. I've just quit worrying about them completely, but I'm wondering what they're actually supposed to be.

Those blue stars do not show up on the main map. Only on the minimap. That's why I can't figure them out.

I think the naming and instructions are a little confusing on these. I think of them this way:

Skull Symbol: "Organized Crime"- really more of a raid. Usually contains a boss character with mobs in a certain area.

Baton symbol: "Assault in Progress"- really should be called "Crime in progress". Usually is a store robbery or drug deal with gang members from the area present. Shards on scene can lead to other sites that eventually lead to stash

Random minimap blue star: Usually low level muggers or shootouts with no tie-in beyond the event. Usually a mugging, but sometimes something a little more complex like a shoot out between gangs and the police.

I think the naming and instructions are a little confusing on these.

I wasn't asking about the skulls or batons. Those are explained well enough in-game and were never confusing to me. The stars are never explained and don't show on the main map so there's no legend for them.

You're also not telling me what use they have other than world immersion as you drive past them without stopping. Of the ones I've intervened in, I've never gotten anything worthwhile. Just the random junk looted from each body. Not worth the time. Sometimes, rather than give nothing you get penalized. I once stopped a shootout between cops and gang members. I took out the gang members, but the cops then came after me. So yea. Punished for stopping.

So what is the blue star minimap icon? It looks like the wanted level star. I've stopped at several of these and I don't get any onscreen prompts or tooltips that might give a clue. I've cleared all hostiles from these areas and gotten no rewards. I've just quit worrying about them completely, but I'm wondering what they're actually supposed to be.
They are emergent mini side missions from the NCPD. There will typically be a few enemies attacking some NPCs. You kill the enemies and you'll get some cash

im wondering about this aswell, not on main map or legend,
on this one ive come across i cant tell if they trying to arrest or mug but theres 3 people with guns around a person on there knees, the people with guns have a yellow ! above there heads and red cones of vision. theres no promps or ways to interact but if i hang around they get aggressive and kill me

Top Bottom