Blueboy Lugos Viability

+
Blueboy Lugos Viability

I've gotten pretty far with my Skellige deck since I started open beta a few days ago. Blueboy Lugos was so much fun to use with resurrections and decoy in casual and lower ranked, I got a hate messageafter once for having three whales out. But I retired him around the second day due to synergy issues.

So has anyone seen him around the 2000-2500 area?

Also general discussion on how to best use this card.

I think it's a good idea to have shackles or at least a decoy, just in case they decoy the whale back. I also use Alzur's Double Cross in my deck to call him whenever I need him.

Blueboy Lugos + Clan Tuirseach Axeman is a beautiful combo too, especially if you can get two out.

I might try something around it in casual and see how it goes. It just couldn't work with Queensguard Discard after awhile. Unfortunate as I love the card.

In an early build when I started open beta as I didn't bother much with closed. It worked for a time even in ranked but it didn't last too long. Sat down yesterday testing through some and still can't find a sure answer for it.

Well if you want to play Blueboy Lugos the best advice I can give you is make an "X-Men" deck aka "Harald/Axeman" :smile:

I'm trying that. However, how do you play against Spell'otael decks? You can't damage anything, meaning you can't buff your axemen, meaning you can't win... Or am I missing something?

If you get Blueboy Lugs in a keg, he's decent in an Axemen deck. However, I wouldn't craft him. There are too many ways to stop the whale (damage, lock, and consume being the most common), and his randomness makes him unreliable. He had more utility in closed beta against Monster consume due to the sheer number of units they could put on the board. There are probably about 8 better silver options for an Axemen deck than Blueboy.

Blueboy used to be quite fun with Coral in closed beta against Monsters consume. The opponent could have Crones and/or Arachas Behemoth on the siege row. You could have the spectral whale on the Ranged or Melee rows, play Coral on the siege, and then you'd have a 50% chance it could wipe out the whole row before the opponent could react.

Top Bottom