Bluedream & Pitfall Trap Bug

+
Hi everyone , maybe you know , bluedream plays doesn't active pitfall trap.. And i lost game for that.
please fix it as soon as possible.

rrc

Forum veteran
The trap which will block Bluedream is Serpant Trap. If Pitfall Trap is to kill the unit played off the special cards (Royal Decree too), then Pitfall Trap can be considered as Serpant+Pitfall Trap which is too powerful.

So, I think this is fair and working as expected.

serpent trap blocks all special cards. pitfall trap blocks played units (not summoned). a special card that lets you play a unit is still playing a unit. This behaviour is DEFINITELY not expected and the text either needs to be changed to say played from hand or the interaction needs to be changed.

serpent trap blocks all special cards. pitfall trap blocks played units (not summoned). a special card that lets you play a unit is still playing a unit. This behaviour is DEFINITELY not expected and the text either needs to be changed to say played from hand or the interaction needs to be changed.

The above sums it up. Played is played, spawned is spawned, and summoned is summoned. Blue Dream plays the unit from the GY. Pitfall kills played units before their ability activates. By all rights Pitfall should kill units played off Blue Dream. It's likely a bug.

To add to this.... I saw a game where player A had a spear on the board with zero charges because they burned it on their turn. Player B played Blue Dream on their turn and the spear for player A gained a charge. I'm going to say that is without question a bug.

The above sums it up. Played is played, spawned is spawned, and summoned is summoned. Blue Dream plays the unit from the GY. Pitfall kills played units before their ability activates. By all rights Pitfall should kill units played off Blue Dream. It's likely a bug.

To add to this.... I saw a game where player A had a spear on the board with zero charges because they burned it on their turn. Player B played Blue Dream on their turn and the spear for player A gained a charge. I'm going to say that is without question a bug.
Now that's interesting.. I wonder if there are some weird interactions with pitfall trap and blue dream and spies

rrc

Forum veteran
So, should Pitfall Trap kill the unit played off from Royal Decree too? (I haven't seen how it works, but I believe it doesn't kill that unit). I am ST player and use Pitfall Trap. So if it does kill, then I will be happy, but if you ask me, I would say it is unfair.

May be Pitfall Trap should have text saying "Kill the next unit opponent plays from the hand before it uses its ability"

So, should Pitfall Trap kill the unit played off from Royal Decree too? (I haven't seen how it works, but I believe it doesn't kill that unit). I am ST player and use Pitfall Trap. So if it does kill, then I will be happy, but if you ask me, I would say it is unfair.

May be Pitfall Trap should have text saying "Kill the next unit opponent plays from the hand before it uses its ability"
It's not unfair. That means that the enemy can circumvent your Pitfall with some measures(like summoning a copy of Revenant). A pitfall can also circumvented by using special cards without summons(there are plenty) or, you know, noticing that playing against ST means not putting all power into your last card if it is a unit... or if you play MO you can use a deathwish unit. Pitfall is fine as-is. It punishes people who fail to antipiciate it, and it is a loss of provisions when the opponent sees it coming.

What's fair and how it should work are two different things. Furthermore, the card's description is not clear enough. At the very least, something has to change, either the description or the interaction. I would recommend sending a report directly to CDPR.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
It's a very obvious bug, and there's no reason it shouldn't be fixed. Pitfall works on cards played from hand, deck, created units, those returned to hand by Emhyr, and even the ones played through vicovaro medic, which specifically steals a bronze unit to play from your opponent's graveyard, just like Blue Dream.

It could be the doomed tag that plays a role, but I find that very unlikely.

Its a bug, I send a message to developers 2x times (one before the update with the new leader and one after since it wasnt resolved)
The answere was they know the issue and are workinf for fix it, so maybe in march

(Also yeah it made me lost some games too, so a bit annoying)

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Top Bottom