Blurring after dialogue sort of fixed

+
Blurring after dialogue sort of fixed

I'll be posting the fix soon. Just after I test a bit more. !

Alright.Download the file glow_fx.bfx and copy it to your System\Scripts folder. Have fun!http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5TUVKNSKIf you encounter any problems or want to give feedback please post in this thread.

Sorry, but that didn't fix the problem on my system (nVidia 9800 GTX, driver version 178.24); blur is still there after dialogue. Furthermore the tweak introduces a big glitchy box texture on top of Geralt's head, so it's actually a turn for the worse.

Just tested it: looks like it just disables the lighting quality - it looks the same, when you set the light quality to "low" in the unfixed version. More than that it delivers some graphical artifacts - a big blinking plane in the middle of the room. (7950GT - 178.24)

I'm running with 4870X2 myself and this works for me but I'll try to get the fix working on nVidia as well. I'll keep you posted for updates.

Sorry, it doesn't work. The "fix" also adds a new graphics bug. Now there is a two-dimensional square over Geralt. I'm using an ATI HD4870 with the newest drivers.

OK guys I could use your help on this then.There are 220 BFX files in the scripts folder. These are the effect files. Now one of these files is responsible for the blurring bug. If any of these files is removed the game crashes. If you replace a file with an empty file it crashes.HOWEVER if you copy one of the BFX files and rename it to match another it won't crash.For this fix i used fullbright_fx.bfx and renamed it to glow_fx.bfx now obviously glow_fx. wasn't responsible for the blurring in the end but this is a good start; we have a way to find the fix.We just need to find the correct effect file responsible for this. And since there are 220 of them I would like to ask your help in finding it. A good file to replace others is desaturation_fx.bfx. This makes the world look colorless when applied so you can easily see if it's being called after the dialogue. For example if you use it and copy it to depthoffield_fx.bfx the cutscenes are black and white but not after. BTW there are effect files that seem to do nothing so it's a good idea to replace the bugged effect file with one of these once we've identified it.I thought I'd keep a list of files that don't cause the bug.Files not responsible for the bug:glow_fx.bfxdepthoffield_fx.bfxgauss_blur_fx.bfxradial_blur_fx.bfxglowclrfiltr_fx.bfxnormalmap_glow.bfxlaydepth_fx.bfxspecular.bfxzdepth_fx.bfxwobble_fx.bfx

My guess would be that the majority of people are waiting for an official patch for this. One team member said a patch would be released and another said there would not be. If the patch is canceled (talk about bad publicity) then I'd imagine you will have a lot more interest in an unofficial fix.Just my thoughts.

deoren said:
My guess would be that the majority of people are waiting for an official patch for this. One team member said a patch would be released and another said there would not be. If the patch is canceled (talk about bad publicity) then I'd imagine you will have a lot more interest in an unofficial fix.Just my thoughts.
There isn't going to be a patch, maybe they canceled it, but the the comment that there won't be a patch is newer than the one saying there will be one.

You're probably right (in that there won't be one), but I've been accused of being an optimist before. ;)

Hello Witchers :)For everyone who have a problem with bloor after dialogues in patch 1.4 - Enhaced Edition EEDOFeffect stays doesn't dissapear Bloor stays ETCI'm not a coder, not a programist - I use simple tools : LookDisk , Note It is made by hard will - 2 hours of deleting other part of a file. Or other part of other file :)Cause registry editing does not do any thing - ( DOFeffect - 0)This thing turns of Depth of Field permanently.Also in Meditation.But Sword Swinging Bloor Stayed :)Anyway :Unpack this thing into catalogue ...\Witcher\System\ScriptsIn catalogue Oryg there is oryginal file fullscreenfx.luc - so after Patch from CD Project Red is out - you can put it back - and play with Depth of Field.By the way i wrote all that for google searching - any phrase will be found.ByePeter

Kaspersky 2009: cleanJotti.org: cleanvirustotal.com: cleanWell, since this doesn't appear to be a Virus or something, I might actually give it a shot sometime. But I really like DOF :(

orkisz said:
Hello Witchers :)For everyone who have a problem with bloor after dialogues in patch 1.4 - Enhaced Edition EEDOFeffect stays doesn't dissapear Bloor stays ETC
Bloor? Blur? :p

orkisz said:
Hello Witchers SmileyFor everyone who have a problem with bloor after dialogues in patch 1.4 - Enhaced Edition EEDOFeffect stays doesn't dissapearBloor stays ETCI'm not a coder, not a programist - I use simple tools : LookDisk , NoteIt is made by hard will - 2 hours of deleting other part of a file. Or other part of other file SmileyCause registry editing does not do any thing - ( DOFeffect - 0)This thing turns of Depth of Field permanently.Also in Meditation.But Sword Swinging Bloor Stayed SmileyAnyway :Unpack this thing into catalogue ...\Witcher\System\ScriptsIn catalogue Oryg there is oryginal file fullscreenfx.luc - so after Patch from CD Project Red is out - you can put it back - and play with Depth of Field.By the way i wrote all that for google searching - any phrase will be found.ByePeter* NO DoFeffect.rar (36.49 KB - downloaded 3 times.)
Anyone had any luck with this?-Haven't tried it myself, have to reinstall TWEE first...

I just tried it and if course the blur is gone because … [size=11pt]… it lowers lighting qualilty.[/size]So, it basically gives us the same sad result as any other attempt so far. I don't want the game to look it was released in 2004. You can see it in the screenshots below, but in the actual game the difference is much greater, since HDR is disabled (im simple terms: No overbright glow and much less saturation). My advice: If you like HDR, don't bother with this "fix".

OK. I wrote it as a temporary.You did not see what kind of graphics did I have.It was all like I was -10!!!For me it's better to not have blur & hdr, than destroy my eyes.:)

Top Bottom