Blurry textures and trees problem

+
Hi, i have a problem with some textures and trees, here's an example
Graphics are high, steam version 1.32
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 4600H
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Ti (latest drivers) and some AMD card idek the name of it, cause mostly games launched on Nvidia card, and yes it's a laptop
Is it a GPU/CPU problem or something else, and how can i fix it?

Hmm. It looks like the foliage textures are failing to load at close range, yet are visible further away, which is rather an odd problem. I see the low textures on the walls as well. Are you using any mods? What is the in-game Foliage Visibility setting and Detail Level?

Also, do I understand you have two GPUs: One NVIDIA, and one AMD? If so, there may be a conflict between the cards, which you may be able to resolve in the NVIDIA Control Panel, by selecting the NIVIDIA GPU for rendering; however, I'm not sure about this, since I've only one NVIDIA card, so I don't know offhand what issues may result from mixed cards.

Hmm. It looks like the foliage textures are failing to load at close range, yet are visible further away, which is rather an odd problem. I see the low textures on the walls as well. Are you using any mods? What is the in-game Foliage Visibility setting and Detail Level?

Also, do I understand you have two GPUs: One NVIDIA, and one AMD? If so, there may be a conflict between the cards, which you may be able to resolve in the NVIDIA Control Panel, by selecting the NIVIDIA GPU for rendering; however, I'm not sure about this, since I've only one NVIDIA card, so I don't know offhand what issues may result from mixed cards.
No mods, high/high, yeah i have two cards NVIDIA/AMD, rendering is already on NVIDIA, and the textures of these trees appear only when you come close to them. And in this video you can also see how the trees that are on the other side appear when you move away from them and disappear again when you approach:

Last edited:
No mods, high/high, yeah i have two cards NVIDIA/AMD, rendering is already on NVIDIA, and the textures of these trees appear only when you come close to them. And in this video you can also see how the trees that are on the other side appear when you move away from them and disappear again when you approach:
No mods now...or no mods ever? Distinction is important, because something like this is very much what I may expect to see if I had, for example, used an "increased Level of Detail" mod or something, then later removed it and tried to load a saved game. It could be a reference data issue in the save state of my file. That sort of thing.

If not, and this is both a 100% vanilla installation and 100% vanilla playthrough on that installation, then my next guess would be drivers. It certainly looks like exactly what you're describing: the dithering is happening backwards. Have you noticed this in other areas of the game as well? Or is this the only spot? (There are some places in which details or shadows seem to be missing LOD steps. Just little quirks in the engine or glitchy data that got baked in.) A good test for this would be to run the game on the other card and see if it happens there, too. Exactly the same issue on both an Nvidia and AMD card would pretty safely rule out drivers as an issue.

No mods now...or no mods ever? Distinction is important, because something like this is very much what I may expect to see if I had, for example, used an "increased Level of Detail" mod or something, then later removed it and tried to load a saved game. It could be a reference data issue in the save state of my file. That sort of thing.

If not, and this is both a 100% vanilla installation and 100% vanilla playthrough on that installation, then my next guess would be drivers. It certainly looks like exactly what you're describing: the dithering is happening backwards. Have you noticed this in other areas of the game as well? Or is this the only spot? (There are some places in which details or shadows seem to be missing LOD steps. Just little quirks in the engine or glitchy data that got baked in.) A good test for this would be to run the game on the other card and see if it happens there, too. Exactly the same issue on both an Nvidia and AMD card would pretty safely rule out drivers as an issue.
No mods ever, it's vanilla playthrough, and it happens in the other places too, like for example in this video, and happens no only with trees, with some textures too blurry from the far distance and when you come close its renders to hd:
And i ran the game on AMD card it's a bit laggy cause it's only 512 mb, but the same problem again, so what's the problem, with which exactly drivers?
Без имени.jpg

No mods ever, it's vanilla playthrough, and it happens in the other places too
Good; that rules that out.

And i ran the game on AMD card it's a bit laggy cause it's only 512 mb, but the same problem again, so what's the problem, with which exactly drivers?
Not a problem with drivers, then. The test was to reasonably rule that out.

So...interesting. I'll load my game up when I get the chance and double check the spots (I know where both of them are). It very well could be simply something in the game itself, though if it is, I've never noticed it before. I very well could have missed the first video's example...but I don't think there's a chance in the world I would have missed the trees popping in like that for the second video.

1.) Just on a path of further investigation, what version Windows are you running? Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, etc.?

2.) Try running the installation packages for all Microsoft Redistributables included in the game's installation folder, letting them update as needed. Afterward, verify/repair the installation and see if it continues. (You may have to configure your settings again after doing this.)

3.) Even if it runs terribly, try switching your settings to Ultra and see if there's any difference.

Good; that rules that out.

Not a problem with drivers, then. The test was to reasonably rule that out.

So...interesting. I'll load my game up when I get the chance and double check the spots (I know where both of them are). It very well could be simply something in the game itself, though if it is, I've never noticed it before. I very well could have missed the first video's example...but I don't think there's a chance in the world I would have missed the trees popping in like that for the second video.

1.) Just on a path of further investigation, what version Windows are you running? Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, etc.?

2.) Try running the installation packages for all Microsoft Redistributables included in the game's installation folder, letting them update as needed. Afterward, verify/repair the installation and see if it continues. (You may have to configure your settings again after doing this.)

3.) Even if it runs terribly, try switching your settings to Ultra and see if there's any difference.
Windows 10
so i reinstalled Microsoft Redistributables but no difference, and here's some videos on ultra settings:
Tree with no textures
Low texture rock, many buildings and objects sometimes have such low textures
More trees

Top Bottom