Bombs!

+

Guest 2081505

PetraSilie said:
how many dragon dreams did you set free?
13 :) (Man gönnt sich ja sonst nix). But when I'm alone, I use them more sparingly ;D.

I'm yet to use any bombs, although I have plenty of ingredients.I'm on Act 2, I take it I have to wait a bit longer before I acquire the talent?

Guest 2081505

markuscj said:
'm on Act 2, I take it I have to wait a bit longer before I acquire the talent?
Possible as soon as you get silver talents.

MaxStrauss said:
MaxStrauss said:
how many dragon dreams did you set free?
13 :) (Man gönnt sich ja sonst nix). But when I'm alone, I use them more sparingly ;D.
13 is quite a lot. Nevertheless I've immortalised your successful usage of these bombs in our Hexer Wikihttp://hexer.wikia.com/wiki/Teufelsbovisthttp://hexer.wikia.com/wiki/Drachentraum :beer:

At some point I say a Favorite Potions thread around here, so I decided to make one for the much-maligned bombs. I've been growing more and more fond of bombs lately. In particular, I enjoy using the Quen sign to get my enemies to clump around me and then use a Samum bomb to stun them all, allowing me to KO the toughest foes (like mages) at my leisure.Any other favorite bombs/bomb combos?

Everyone should try this:Drop 15 Dragon's Dream on the ground and cast Igni, while standing right on top.Geralt will leap out of the blast, frantically slapping out the flames toasting his buttocks all the while screaming like a girl.Honest :angel: lol

TKaz84 said:
At some point I say a Favorite Potions thread around here, so I decided to make one for the much-maligned bombs. I've been growing more and more fond of bombs lately. In particular, I enjoy using the Quen sign to get my enemies to clump around me and then use a Samum bomb to stun them all, allowing me to KO the toughest foes (like mages) at my leisure.Any other favorite bombs/bomb combos?
That sounds like a great plan. I enjoy watching Geralt wield his sword so much that I've neglected bombs, but that does sound cool; I'll have to try it.

I remember wondering if I should put a point to learn oils, but after doing it I saw how incredibly useful oils are. Will I feel the same way about bombs, or is that point best spent elsewhere?

I just used my first bomb today playing Price of Neutrality - I wanted to see all the endings, so I had to slay Her Highness and Pets. As I idiotically hadn't pumped Str and thus didn't have Vitality to spare, and without signs, sword not drawn in close quarters facing opponents with vast damage output and no misses, I was pretty screwed...until I remember that one King and Queen given in the beginning of the adventure, blew it up in the very beginning of the fight (like, before drawing sword) and slew Her Highness as she and her pets were busy running away. Seems bombs are useful, but I just haven't quite internalized the related strategies yet.

So do I... this afternoon I couldn' await to roast the Zeugl as well with many many Dragon Dreams and... a beautiful Igni fire wave. Yes it works... and I roasted Geralt as wellThat was not my plan

PetraSilie said:
So do I... this afternoon I couldn' await to roast the Zeugl as well with many many Dragon Dreams and... a beautiful Igni fire wave. Yes it works... and I roasted Geralt as wellThat was not my plan
Oh, my! Did your Geralt survive the experience?I guess that answers the question about whether bombs are magical devices that know the difference between friend and foe or just chemical reactions.

Guest 2081505

PetraSilie said:
So do I... this afternoon I couldn' await to roast the Zeugl as well with many many Dragon Dreams and... a beautiful Igni fire wave. Yes it works... and I roasted Geralt as well
Yes, you need some training to find the right distance. Or you use fireball instead - as Geralt does in the Golem-video:http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=pVd9h_uf8fM(Aim at the cloud!)
PetraSilie said:
I guess that answers the question about whether bombs are magical devices that know the difference between friend and foe or just chemical reactions.
All the others bombs know the difference - but dragon's dream. The reason: you can kill everything with this bomb - except Kiki. So it shouldn't be too easy.
PetraSilie said:
oils are necessary .. bombs are just fun :)
...and vice versa: If you use bombs, you don't need any oils. Using the witcher-signs and bombs, you even don't need the sword.

1st attempt was: When Geralt entered the Zeugl's lair he planted 6 Dragon Dreams which was a bit messy with all the tentacles. As soon as the Zeugl showed up I ignited the bombs with a Igni flame wave. The explosion was the same as on your video... Geralt died as well.2nd attempt: Same preparings but a loaded fireball from a distance, apparently the false position once again... Geralt died.3rd attempt: The good old silver sword strong style with a loaded fireball as welcome and the Zeugl died... Geralt survived ;D

Guest 2081505

PetraSilie said:
1st attempt was: When Geralt entered the Zeugl's lair he planted 6 Dragon Dreams which was a bit messy with all the tentacles. As soon as the Zeugl showed up I ignited the bombs with a Igni flame wave. The explosion was the same as on your video... Geralt died as well.
Poor Geralt. Weekend for other people, and he's barbecued in his own juice. Good that he owns the strongest weapon of the game (F9).But it's a pity that he can't watch the biggest booom of the game alive. Please try this:Use Quen. Even if you have Quen basic, it protects Geralt for some seconds.Run to the other end of the hall; Zeugl will appear here later.Plant your bombs, cast Quen again, if necessary.Return to the entrance of the hall. Here you are safe. Now the show may begin.In other words: Do it like Geralt in the video ;):http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=IYZsbmdpgKQ&fmt=18Did you notice that in the first attempt the distance was too great? Geralt had to lower the distance somewhat. (Second attempt was perfect.)

Top Bottom