Book covers of different editions

+
To those who know all books ;DThe ship on this cover is it the legendary Naglfar ?
Lyonesse said:
interesting... they've used cover art by luis royo on a couple of those, not sure that quite works but oh well!
aha... I knew I have seen this style before :hmmm:

Most likely. At least I imagined it as such, when reading lady Of The Lake (Pani Jeziora). When we search that name into wiki, we meet with Naglfar as mythical Viking mythology ship. So that's probably why it looks like Viking ship ;D

Thanks :) The legend of this ship sounds very exciting. I can't wait to learn more about it in the novels.Also many thanks for the Lithuanian covers. If you know the year of release as well, everything is perfect ;D

Short stories: 2005„Elfų kraujas“, 2006„Paniekos metas“, 2006„Krikštas ugnimi“, 2006„Kregždės bokštas“, 2007„Ežero valdovė“, 2007:)

The last cover that Vatt'ghern posted, Lady of the Lake, is a picture of Polgara the Sorceress, a book and character of David Eddings:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polgara_the_SorceressNot only are the pictures identical, but I'm pretty sure that the picture has some sort of copyright attached to it. :eek:

You are right... identical pictures, I'm at loss for words :eek: Apart from the copyright case, the depicted woman is a person from an other story.

Hey, I found this edition in my own language... Can't wait to get my hands on it... SOOON!!!Wow... my first image uploaded on this forum... Hooraaay :beer:

I didn't know you are from Bulgaria. Is this the only Witcher translation? I hope you will get more short stories and novels translated :peace:

PetraSilie said:
I didn't know you are from Bulgaria. Is this the only Witcher translation? I hope you will get more short stories and novels translated :peace:
You learn something new every day. :DI will try to find the other edition or maybe different releases of it. :peace:

i think that's to be expected as symbols are easier to represent. Naturally if they start drawing the characters from the novels they can never please everyone, so it's the safer bet :peace:... though i must admit, i just love the way CDPR drew geralt :D

Definitely got to agree with you there, Gamewidow... yum is probably the best way of putting it ;D ;D ;D

About lithuanian covers....man this is awkward. First is d&d novel with Tanis and Flint on the cover by Elmore. 3rd is some art or cover of a d&d supplement about drow elves. Final cover is indeed Polgara. In between thers some generic Royo illustrations.Its bad, not only because the covers used represent art designed for some specific books/characters, but the "style" isnt consistent. If you want Royo, stick to Royo on all the covers etc, that is my opinion.

Forum veteran
godkingofdivineroad said:
For some reason I find the covers having symbols(like the wolf) to be more visually fetching than the ones with character artwork.
I totally agree with you. I mean, all the classics have just about a main symbol to them... ;)
godkingofdivineroad said:
... though i must admit, i just love the way CDPR drew geralt :D
Aaaah... if they didn't, some of us probably wouldn't be here deliberating the matter, don't you think? I too love the illustration. :peace:

Lyonesse said:
Definitely got to agree with you there, Gamewidow... yum is probably the best way of putting it ;D ;D ;D
First we had the plumber that scared the french (and replaced from Mario brothers), now we have Geralt to stalk the world and steal hearts of young girls, adult women, and not so young harpies, hags and witches. :D

Top Bottom