[Bored] Predicting the rest of the year

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 11259364

I believe we will get some minor patches or maybe even bigger one by end of the year, as they said free dlcs maybe and next gen console update, I don't believe we will get much more... but for next year we could expect much more I hope
Is there an updated version of this picture available? Newest patch is 1.31 and the year is not that long as the picture suggests. From my perspective, I doubt the next update will be a smaller one since it does not fit the way the are working. However, it could be they are focusing more on the DLCs and thus will release the DLCs with a minor patch.

Also consider the initial version of the picture:
1634135866310.png

Assuming that 1.1 and 1.2 would have been the only larger patches would have been wrong (as 1.30 has proven), so in my opinion it does not say that much anymore.

Is there an updated version of this picture available?
I didn't found updated version, I can agree with you that they are not working on smaller update, they are probably working on next gen update, multiplayer update maybe and dlcs... it will take time but I am sure they will not disappoint us

I didn't found updated version,
I think the picture you posted is the most up to date version since it is the same as the one posted here:

I can agree with you that they are not working on smaller update, they are probably working on next gen update, multiplayer update maybe and dlcs...

Anyway, haven't they said that multiplayer won't happen for Cyberpunk 2077 or did I get this wrong? (Personally, I absolutely do not care about multiplayer, but apparently there are some folks who do^^.)

... it will take time but I am sure they will not disappoint us

Yeah, overall they greatly improved the game and fixed many bugs, which is why I'm looking forward to new patches and updates.

I didn't found updated version, I can agree with you that they are not working on smaller update, they are probably working on next gen update, multiplayer update maybe and dlcs... it will take time but I am sure they will not disappoint us
There isn't one, that was from August 18th.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway, haven't they said that multiplayer won't happen for Cyberpunk 2077 or did I get this wrong? (Personally, I absolutely do not care about multiplayer, but apparently there are some folks who do^^.)

Not as grand as they originally planned, but there still something coming.

Not as grand as they originally planned, but there still something coming.
Ah ok, I might have missed that. Thanks!

You know what, scratch that. I'm looking forward to the multiplayer. While I still do not care about playing with other people, this means they would have to properly create a player model and as a result there would be raytraced reflections for said model, which is one of my greatest issue with the game. (My brain does not like that at all.)

I disagree. Any news would be interesting and as long as the keep it vague enough they couldn't be held accountable. However, they think they learned from their mistakes of saying things like 1.2 will be released in February, which got delayed due to the hack, or the next-gen upgrade will be released in 2021.

Also, I think the earliest we will officially know that the next-gen upgrade has been delayed will be in December, even if they know it by now. The only exception is if they need to tell it their investors. Then, naturally this information will also be disclosed to the players.
Not to burst your bubble but that is how that hype mess got started.
As I understand and recall it: The showed a vertical slice as impression of the game, slapped a disclaimer on it to warn people its just that, a momentary tidbit and everything was still up for grabs. Them showing it was even under pressure from the audience.

By finally caving in, and making sure to let everyone know it was a demo of the then current state of the game with disclaimer and all, they were nailed to a pole.
So that accountability is worth jackshit.
I wish, really wish what you described was how it worked, but practise has shown otherwise.

On the point of communication itself, I find the lak of communication a blessing. I just continue on with my day-to-day stuff, enjoy some CP77 between my other shenanigans and get 'pleasantly surprised' when another pacth would drop.

Its a carefree world that way for me :)

Not to burst your bubble but that is how that hype mess got started.
As I understand and recall it: The showed a vertical slice as impression of the game, slapped a disclaimer on it to warn people its just that, a momentary tidbit and everything was still up for grabs. Them showing it was even under pressure from the audience.
By finally caving in, and making sure to let everyone know it was a demo of the then current state of the game with disclaimer and all, they were nailed to a pole.
So that accountability is worth jackshit.
I wish, really wish what you described was how it worked, but practise has shown otherwise.

Showing a vertical slice at conventions like the E3 is fairly common and I honestly doubt they were caving in, but more that this was planned. They wanted to build up hype since hype is what sells the game. This is not a bad thing, just the industry works to a certain degree. (There are outliers though, like Bethesda with Fallout 4.)

Also, I do not think that CDPR overpromised and underdelivered. Cyberpunk 2077 is roughly like the game they presented on both E3s and Gamescom. However, I also think that the people that expected a GTA in the future were the ones disappointed and unfortunately they would have had that connotation regardless, because a city set within an open world equals GTA for many people. As far as I can remember, even Rockstar had some negative backlash for L.A. Noire's lack of interactivity.

On the point of communication itself, I find the lak of communication a blessing. I just continue on with my day-to-day stuff, enjoy some CP77 between my other shenanigans and get 'pleasantly surprised' when another pacth would drop.

Its a carefree world that way for me
Would more frequent news prevent you from doing that? When I'm really interested in something, I soak up any kind of news just to get more. However, I do not have any problems in completely ignoring news I'm not interested in.

I think for fans Cloud Imperium Games' (Star Citizen) approach with frequent development updates and a more open communication is the better approach. While they also do not state any kind of release dates, they at least reveal more about what they are working on.

Also, you should remember that the game has been released, which is different from pre-release status where they were showing vertical slices. Now, many things about the game are set in stone.

The reason of potential delay and lack of information is that even investors dont care that much about next gen release date. Their expectations are focused on quality as a part of rebuilding a brand and trust rather than specific date as next gen version will not have great impact on a number of sales.

The reason of potential delay and lack of information is that even investors dont care that much about next gen release date. Their expectations are focused on quality as a part of rebuilding a brand and trust rather than specific date as next gen version will not have great impact on a number of sales.
I doubt that very much. Investors are interested in money and quick gains, they neither care about brand reputation, nor any kind of patches. The only important thing is that the stock's value is pushed up.

1634152917339.png

Purely from a technical perspective, the chart looks promising since CDPR held the support at roughly 170 GPW. That being said, any kind of bad news could lead to the chart dropping again and breaking through its support. I don't know if a delay of the next gen upgrade would have this effect, but it is the only foreseeable bad news CDPR could have. Also notice that now patch had any noticeable influence on the stock value. The reason for the bump in September is that their earning report exceeded their expectations by 40%. (This however, might have been influenced by the release on 1.30.)

Thus, a delay of the next-gen upgrade could also directly influence the value in a negative, or indirectly influence it in a positive manner.

Showing a vertical slice at conventions like the E3 is fairly common and I honestly doubt they were caving in, but more that this was planned. They wanted to build up hype since hype is what sells the game. This is not a bad thing, just the industry works to a certain degree. (There are outliers though, like Bethesda with Fallout 4.)

Also, I do not think that CDPR overpromised and underdelivered.
By now the biggest outcry will have probably subsided, but thee was a lot of outcry that would disagree with you.
But as I stated: I'm just re-iterating what I recall about the situation.
Would more frequent news prevent you from doing that? When I'm really interested in something, I soak up any kind of news just to get more. However, I do not have any problems in completely ignoring news I'm not interested in.
To a degree yes, because the tendency of stories and news being blown out of proportion is to great a risk in my view, that I rather not subject myself to it. I did that also with Cyberpunk, and I never regret it for a second.
The irony is, I DID keep up to date with Fallout 76 and I ended up cancelling my order of that game ... so the story does have 2 sides to it, I give you that.
But with respect to CP, I'm indeed not particulairly awaiting new news, I only join in on a short notice from release or such... the 'just-in-time' principle.
I think for fans Cloud Imperium Games' (Star Citizen) approach with frequent development updates and a more open communication is the better approach. While they also do not state any kind of release dates, they at least reveal more about what they are working on.

Also, you should remember that the game has been released, which is different from pre-release status where they were showing vertical slices. Now, many things about the game are set in stone.
I know, for it however doesn't make much of a difference in how I approach it, but you're welcome to yours offcourse ;)

I doubt that very much. Investors are interested in money and quick gains, they neither care about brand reputation, nor any kind of patches. The only important thing is that the stock's value is pushed up.
Well Ive read couple analys on polish economic pages about that and that was major opinion based on a number of consoles and current sales and performance. Of course many times those people are wrong but time will tell. You know that when it comes to stock value, reputation takes a big role as one of a many instruments for forecasting companys future potential. And generally investors appreciate stable grow in time so its not always about quick gains.

Well Ive read couple analys on polish economic pages about that and that was major opinion based on a number of consoles and current sales and performance. Of course many times those people are wrong but time will tell.
Yeah, I mean I'm no analyst and different people come to different conclusions so their point might be valid as well.

You know that when it comes to stock value, reputation takes a big role as one of a many instruments for forecasting companys future potential.
That's true in a way. The stock market is 99% hype and a company with a better reputation has an easier time generating hype, I give you that.

And generally investors appreciate stable grow in time so its not always about quick gains.
Sadly, this does not appear to be the case very often. For instance, investors complained. when Google and Apple invest too much in order to branch out and diversify the company instead of paying dividends. Also, money can be moved quite easily so two or three quick gains outperform slow and steady growth. However, that's just my personal take on investors. Maybe CDPR has different ones but it becomes apparent that those investors might have a similar mindset, given how much of their earnings yearly CDPR is giving to them.

They need to fix core design issues like the game world being primarily window dressing. Everything you can do is a one-of, meaning once you clear the map the first time there's literally nothing to do but drive around. All the "blue" items on the map should be able to respawn with different NPC's, random attack events, a better wanted system, more vendor NPC's you can actually interact with, the list goes on. Give me a reason to WANT to drive all the way across the city, and make stuff happen on the way there.

It's a shame to have a world this gorgeous that's this empty.

I dont think they ever do that - this game in not a sandbox or whatever. There is some meaning behind all those encounters and making them repeteable would be against the main idea of CP2077 which is story driven game. Personally, I`m not sure at the end how many players would spend extra hours doing those NPC gigs with lever 50 after theres is nothing else to do. Yeah, I think it would be nice to have some random events in game but nothing to a point which would keep people playing for 300+ hours. Majority of those people will probably prefer GTA or something similiar.

They need to fix core design issues like the game world being primarily window dressing. Everything you can do is a one-of, meaning once you clear the map the first time there's literally nothing to do but drive around. All the "blue" items on the map should be able to respawn with different NPC's, random attack events, a better wanted system, more vendor NPC's you can actually interact with, the list goes on. Give me a reason to WANT to drive all the way across the city, and make stuff happen on the way there.

It's a shame to have a world this gorgeous that's this empty.
Honestly, I hope they will never do that. This sounds like the perfect fun-fun-fun-fun sandbox so many studios like to make. I want me open worlds to be more natural. Thus, I prefer the one in Cyberpunk as it is over what you have described. Other, really cool open worlds are Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Mafia 1 and of course Witcher 3. In my opinion, neither Skyrim nor GTA 5 come close to that.

the free dlc got leaked, it seems to be just some minor stuff, like a few new weapons etc.
pretty boring overall.

Can you provide a link or something of this? Makes it easier for us to check and make up our minds about.
But if is free DLC, is what was more or less expected no? I mean, I could have leaked that with 90% accuracy even without any actual data. Maybe they will drop a couple of quests also.
Character modification(chroming limbs and such), i'm not sure...might be more difficult than it looks from outside.
In the modders thread there is people with deep insight about how you can "attach" stuff to the models,would be interesting to know their opinion.

Bad idea. Posting leaks is against the rules.
Aah, my bad. Did consider that.
But if is free DLC, is what was more or less expected no? I mean, I could have leaked that with 90% accuracy even without any actual data. Maybe they will drop a couple of quests also.
Character modification(chroming limbs and such), i'm not sure...might be more difficult than it looks from outside.
In the modders thread there is people with deep insight about how you can "attach" stuff to the models,would be interesting to know their opinion.
For me it was more about the fact he said something about weapons etc. So I got a bit curious where he'd got that speculative info from.
According to the CDPR timeline I only know free dlc will be arriving in phases, but their contents are "unknown".
Hence why I asked.

But with the statement of @Draconifors I think google is your friend should you want to indulge yourself :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom