Box Art

+
I think the box should feature an incredibly sexy and beautiful almost naked, very provocative female figure, in the style of the Chromebooks, just to - and let me be clear about this, I mean it would do this on purpose - piss certain people off. :cool:

In fact, if the box art was so edgy that the box itself couldn't be shown just anywhere, that'd be awesome.

everyone (almost) approves of this :D

There's a serious problem with that design. They can't afford to pay off IGN for a 10/10 score.

Seriously I would have to nod on this lol

I'd say the box art should bring out the thematic qualities that underpin the Cyberpunk genre. Something that emphasizes the moral ambiguity, fragmentation of social structures, the objectification that is fundamental to consumer culture, the troublesome integration of low-life and high-tech etc. A thought provoking cover for once would be a welcome departure from the overly masculine, meaninglessly puerile trite we get to see day in day out. The design is probably best kept uncluttered and tight, perhaps with a distinct art style.

I say 2 artworks one for the new CPers, something lke 10/10 and for the old schooler, they get the classic black background inverted white on the Collector's edition, cause we all know that us old schoolers will shell out the cash for it.

Just something I put together this morning. Here's hoping it gives others some more ideas on possible box covers. Took me and Photoshop an hour, maybe less, to put this together...

View attachment 556

Attachments

• CP2077 ProtoBox.jpg
    CP2077 ProtoBox.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 61
Well, in all honesty, I'm going to pre-order on gog and steam, and later buy the *inevitable* EE the following year, unless a CE makes it's way here in India :D

Speaking of the older covers, how about an updated version of the cover for The Guide to Night City?

View attachment 558

For those that have never seen the book's cover.

Attachments

• Night City.jpg
    Night City.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom