Box Art

+
Box art? I would love to see there a) that handscythe from the lovely trailer girl b) dat red shoe...and i would be completely satisfied - mainstream guy.

And what will be the used of that, this game wont have levels... :p

It's something of an inside joke for those of us who are familiar with the p&p game. Its reflective of chipware as the "natural successor" of the optical media we use today.

My favorite example was always the Sony Wearman MK II. Imagine having an mp3 player implanted, with micro-fine wires running at key points around your skull in order to transmit the sound...concert quality sound...high def beyond what we have today. And only you can hear it. Music was stored on chips that were inserted into the device by way of a hidden dermal pocket (usually behind the ear) or clipped on similar to earrings.

Also, if you read the media description I put on the box, its a reference to brain dance tech that is prevalent in the Cyberpunk world.

It's something of an inside joke for those of us who are familiar with the p&p game. Its reflective of chipware as the "natural successor" of the optical media we use today.

My favorite example was always the Sony Wearman MK II. Imagine having an mp3 player implanted, with micro-fine wires running at key points around your skull in order to transmit the sound...concert quality sound...high def beyond what we have today. And only you can hear it. Music was stored on chips that were inserted into the device by way of a hidden dermal pocket (usually behind the ear) or clipped on similar to earrings.

Also, if you read the media description I put on the box, its a reference to brain dance tech that is prevalent in the Cyberpunk world.

Oh

And another bit that I cobbled together earlier today. While its not exactly box art, I hope you guys like it....

View attachment 591

Attachments

• Militech.jpg
    Militech.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 48
Why not avoid it entirely and use an entirely chromed surface with neon (insert color here) highlights to spell the words? Or something like that. Avoid imagery.

Why not avoid it entirely and use an entirely chromed surface with neon (insert color here) highlights to spell the words? Or something like that. Avoid imagery.

I may put something like that together. Still, I know I'm not the only one out here with Photoshop or GIMP...lets see something from the rest of you primitive screwheads..lol.

In the meantime, after thinking about my comment that chips were the "natural successors" of optical media in 2020, here's something else, which actually seems to be the real successor to CD's, DVD's and BR Discs....DLC baby!

View attachment 592

Sorta like what we get already...you get the cardstock card off the shelf, slot your credstick and the registration codes are on your receipt...lol

Attachments

• stardoll10.jpg
    stardoll10.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 51
I may put something like that together. Still, I know I'm not the only one out here with Photoshop or GIMP...lets see something from the rest of you primitive screwheads..lol.

In the meantime, after thinking about my comment that chips were the "natural successors" of optical media in 2020, here's something else, which actually seems to be the real successor to CD's, DVD's and BR Discs....DLC baby!

View attachment 350

Sorta like what we get already...you get the cardstock card off the shelf, slot your credstick and the registration codes are on your receipt...lol

nice :)

I'm really digging Wisdom000's first image: the retro, minimal, white lines on black look. Dev's, you listening?

It probably won't happen: teenagers ruin everything ;__;

Call me old school, but I would really like to see a simplistic homage to the games origins...

An updated version of this

Updated with the current logo, and with a new image, but still in black and white inverted line drawing...

I just have to say that that is a great example of a possible cover. I think if anything, they could at least use something like that for a CE cover, but yeah, as a regular cover all the black is striking and makes it stand out easily.

Eh, just wasted a bunch of time with my own attempts at a box art. It's quite similar to ideas already presented.

Two versions, with lineart and without.

I'm wishing I had tried putting the lineart up at the top of the cover, but the title and its layers were inflexible. Going for a slightly GTA feel.

Eh, just wasted a bunch of time with my own attempts at a box art. It's quite similar to ideas already presented.

Two versions, with lineart and without.

I'm wishing I had tried putting the lineart up at the top of the cover, but the title and its layers were inflexible. Going for a slightly GTA feel.

good ones! I like this style :) i want something like this

Top Bottom