Boxing Is Actually Fun

+
photomode_19012021_102210.png

Remember Witcher 1, 2, and 3 's fist fighting? They were not that great to me, but here in CyberPunk 2077 I think CDPR are on to something. The boxing quests are engaging, the characters have different scenarios and rewards. I looked forward to each fight, as I knew it would be interesting. The fights can be challenging even with Gorilla arms ( although I was not fully spec'd out for melee). It's the same sort of premise dodge, block, heavy attack, Jab combos, but CyberPunk does it better somehow. It's not that bad, not perfect.

Also Viktor shows up happy and proud in your final fight, which made me happy. I hope we get more of this kind of quests in CP2077, because they did a good job this time around with the boxing missions and I want more of this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
I liked the boxing, the last fight was kinda screwy though. I thought there'd be a lot more.

There are only three fights, three race events etc. It feels like it's just the beginning of something, rather than having a completeness feel to it.

Yes to more fights.

I like how you get taught in the prologue how to "parry" attacks and even though you parry in the boxing match you still eat the full damage.

Now, you can abuse the game, by dropping a katana down at the ground before the fight starts. If you do that you can pick it up mid fight and just slice people up like a pineapple. But the funny thing is, parrying apparently only works with the Katana. The Katana allows for smooth parrying, that deflects the incoming blow and counters without you taking any dmg.

Im sorry but whoever defends the boxing in this game while claiming Witcher 2/3 had bad boxing must not have played it or is flat out lying.

The boxing is atrocious in this game, buggy and unpolished.

Can't compare to what the Witcher had, but I found boxing surprisingly interesting, but there are issues with opponent being able to land their hits even when they are outside their melee range and not even facing the player character.

Final match sort of bugged out to me, but as side activities go, not bad. Much better than bowling or something that doesn't improve player character skills by any means.

It needs work, npcs do to much damage, V doesn't do enough damage, and npcs can hit even if you're out of range. The best thing to do is get the cyberware that slows time and gorilla arms and beat the crap out of the npcs before they can react.

Hated every single moment of it. But I blame that on my lack of patience.

Mechanically though, they do feel smoother than in TW. However, there seem to be issues with the physics and hit boxes which makes the fights frustrating. So it needs a bit of polishing. It also felt that giving opponents a ridiculous amount of health was cheating (I'm looking at you Razor...).

For me, when I played as a netrunner it wasn't fun... until I bought shock-and-awe cyberware and gorilla arms. I ate, drank and took stamina and health boosters before every fight(so you could say I was cheating xD) and it was super easy, like 2-3 hits and even if he take half of my health there is a high chance for shock and awe to make emp explosion and the fighter is gone. :ROFLMAO:

Also, kinda funny that these boxing quests are harder than the final boss:LOL:

This game has some balancing issues.

Last edited:
I liked the boxing, the last fight was kinda screwy though. I thought there'd be a lot more.

There are only three fights, three race events etc. It feels like it's just the beginning of something, rather than having a completeness feel to it.

Yes to more fights.

there are six? fights
twins, buck, Arroyo, rhino, razor, and ozob
Post automatically merged:

No they're not. They're crap and not realistic. From V being able to take on Razor looking like a stick. To their attacks locking and still hitting.
in a world of cyberware size means little. Cant even say there's a weight advantage based on size anymore. But yes, V is the underdog. Viktor implies razor is not at the top of his game.

for me they were frustrating but also fun, I actually like challenging content though

Last edited:
I accidentally beat Rhino outside of the ring and it counted toward the 'Brat' quest. I was at the location for a different quest and once I engaged the guy blocking the way to that quest in the building, everyone came after me, including Rhino. Of course, this allowed me to use my full arsenal.

I accidentally beat Rhino outside of the ring and it counted toward the 'Brat' quest. I was at the location for a different quest and once I engaged the guy blocking the way to that quest in the building, everyone came after me, including Rhino. Of course, this allowed me to use my full arsenal.
That actually happened to me too. Took some time to take her down via quickhacking but luckily she couldn't climb where I was stationed. Got text message later related to Beat the Brat. Though, well that was easy.

I like how you get taught in the prologue how to "parry" attacks and even though you parry in the boxing match you still eat the full damage.

Now, you can abuse the game, by dropping a katana down at the ground before the fight starts. If you do that you can pick it up mid fight and just slice people up like a pineapple. But the funny thing is, parrying apparently only works with the Katana. The Katana allows for smooth parrying, that deflects the incoming blow and counters without you taking any dmg.

Im sorry but whoever defends the boxing in this game while claiming Witcher 2/3 had bad boxing must not have played it or is flat out lying.

The boxing is atrocious in this game, buggy and unpolished.
its crap and its booring , there nothing unique about the fight both in animations or skill and most of them are buggy like hell like when opponent charges their punch and are able to somehow magically leap kick you from all the way from the other side of the ring

I had to dodge more often than this guy, but it's pretty clear countering works and blocking works.
Although, the final fight with Razor is weird because all the tactics you use in previous fights are rendered useless :mad:
He basically can two shot you and it's hard to get the timing right to counter or to do anything because he's so fast. (he's basically Cyborg Mike Tyson)

Guest 4519094

Boxing is really fun, would love to be able to grapple (while detected) do high kicks flurries or even go full "i know kung fu" :D

... had a big wall of text for those who don't like it, just gonna say this instead:
give it another go and please don't yuck other's yum ... if you still don't like it ... it's you ;)

View attachment 11149364
Remember Witcher 1, 2, and 3 's fist fighting? They were not that great to me, but here in CyberPunk 2077 I think CDPR are on to something. The boxing quests are engaging, the characters have different scenarios and rewards. I looked forward to each fight, as I knew it would be interesting. The fights can be challenging even with Gorilla arms ( although I was not fully spec'd out for melee). It's the same sort of premise dodge, block, heavy attack, Jab combos, but CyberPunk does it better somehow. It's not that bad, not perfect.

Also Viktor shows up happy and proud in your final fight, which made me happy. I hope we get more of this kind of quests in CP2077, because they did a good job this time around with the boxing missions and I want more of this kind of stuff.

I haven't did the fights yet and Viktor is dead? Will he still show up?...lol

Top Bottom