Boxing Is Actually Fun

+
No need to buy it, you can acquire uncommon Kerenzikov in NCPD Assault or 2 rares ones in Cyberpsycho Sitting in Badlands-north (the nomad with the heavy Militeck armor).
It's quite important, because you go way much further by slowing down time. So she can't punch you at all.

And Animals Knuckles are better than other due to their Bleeding effect. (Available to Charter Hill ripperdoc) ;)
Little question, what is your level ?
Because Gorilla arms are leveled, so highter you are, more damage they deal. For me, I never doing Beat on the brat before level 40 for that reason. In very hard, with few mods crit chance and crit damage on my clothes, with 4/5 strong attacks she's down.
(the twins, one punch for each and that's finish)

I'm level 47
I'm at the vendor that is ment to have the legendary animal knuckles. But there dosen't seem to be any
Post automatically merged:

I'm level 47
I'm at the vendor that is ment to have the legendary animal knuckles. But there dosen't seem to be any
At Charter Hill ? Nina Kraviz
In her second inventory for "the items" ?
(I'm absolutely sure, I buy them in every playthrough. You can loot them, but it's too random to have a real chance to loot them on an Animals)

And you can believe me when I say it's easy once well equipped, because I'm not really good at fighting in any game :)

Last edited:
I did find them. The forum just wouldn't let me defeat that part. But that Kerenzikov seems useless. Dosen't trigger most of the time, can't really do anything when it triggers. Actualy it just seems to make it easyer for her to hit me

Ok, you have to block (maintain the key) and dodge after for slowing time. Release the key when time is slowed for being able to charge a strong attack ;)
Normally even with the basic one, the cool down is short enough to be able to punch her 1 or 2 times (no more for not take a counter) and be operational again by the time she's preparing to attack again.

Ok, you have to block (maintain the key) and dodge after for slowing time ;)
Normally even with the basic one, the cool down is short enough to be able to hit it 1 or 2 times (no more for not take a counter) and be operational again by the time she's preparing to attack again.

I do. But when i go in the "slow motion" i can't really do anything. Without it, i can atleast dodge a few times in a row. But not with this useless mod. It just makes it easyer for her to hit me. Which isn't needed as she can hit me when her hits aren't near me!
So i have to use it to push her? Still useless most of the time, as you have to do hit and run tactics in the "boxing" fights.
Spending hours just trying to do 1 fight, just shows how poorly it's designed. I give up. I alt-f4 but i can't be bothered with this. I really wish i had asked for a refund when i had the option

Last edited:
So this is how I do it exactly.
  • I stand right in front of her.
  • I wait for her to attack me by holding the key to block.
  • As soon as she attacks, I dodge to the right or to the left in slow motion.
  • I release the key in slow motion, I go behind her charging a powerful attack.
  • I punch her twice (two strong attacks).
Then the time she takes to recover and prepare a new attack (she stumbles a bit, and there is animation when she prepares an attack), I replace myself in front of her by blocking, ready to do the same thing again.
I editing for a "cheaty" method, if you want ;)

You can use a cyberware for more easy (cheaty) win :
Microgenerator
when your health drops below a specific level (15%), it does damage according to the opponent's maximum health.
(don't look the body requierement on the wiki, I have the rare one, and I have only 4 in body).

Example: if you have one that does 40% damage (rare), if her life is below 40% and she hits you (and your health go below 15%), normally she is knocked out instantanously.
Pretty cheatty :)

Last edited:
So this is how I do it exactly.
  • I stand right in front of her.
  • I wait for her to attack me by holding the key to block.
  • As soon as she attacks, I dodge to the right or to the left in slow motion.
  • I release the key in slow motion, I go behind her charging a powerful attack.
  • I punch her twice (two strong attacks).
Then the time she takes to recover and prepare a new attack (she stumbles a bit, and there is animation when she prepares an attack), I replace myself in front of her by blocking, ready to do the same thing again.
I editing for a "cheaty" method, if you want ;)

You can use a cyberware for more easy (cheaty) win :
Microgenerator
when your health drops below a specific level (15%), it does damage according to the opponent's maximum health.
(don't look the body requierement on the wiki, I have the rare one, and I have only 4 in body).

Example: if you have one that does 40% damage (rare), if her life is below 40% and she hits you (and your health go below 15%), normally she is knocked out instantanously.
Pretty cheatty :)

I do have one that does damage when i go below a certain % of health. But it dosen't work in the boxing fights, due to the ridicolous amount of damage they do. When it triggers, i have lost. She takes me out in 2 hits, with my 592 hitpoints (that is with buffs). But after the latest patch, she seems to glitch around constantly. I have had her stumble, but then she glitches right back up, before I can even react.
They must have changed something, because that mod is useless most of her time. She just does her combo attack that destroys you.
This fight is so horriblely designed. I just saw her fist go past my face, with about ½ a meter away. Yet i still got damaged. And the fight is so poorly designed, that you might as well reload if that happens early one. Clearly barely any testing was done for this fight

Last edited:
Yep, obviously, in very hard and with my build, I am also not entitled to the error, with 2 hits I'm down.
This is the goal of the kerensikov, to be able to dodge her without her touching me.
I haven't tried 1.23 yet, I'm not there yet. I wait to reach level 40 to buy my legendary gorilla arms (because leveled).

But if that really annoyed me, whatever, I would switch to "very easy" mode :)

Yep, obviously, in very hard and with my build, I am also not entitled to the error, with 2 hits I'm down.
This is the goal of the kerensikov, to be able to dodge her without her touching me.
I haven't tried 1.23 yet, I'm not there yet. I wait to reach level 40 to buy my legendary gorilla arms (because leveled).

But if that really annoyed me, whatever, I would switch to "very easy" mode :)

Yeah, that mod is useless. If it works, ½ the time she is to far away for me to be able to push her. When i move to the side, i'm just to far away from her. Just more of the game that is horribly designed.
I would say, after the latest patch, the fight has gotten worse. She just seems to glitch around a little, then add in the first person view and all the other things, the fight just becomes a mess. I shouldn't have to set the settings to that, for one fight on normal. I shouldn't have to do 100 tries. It just shows how poorly the game is designed and how little testing they did, despite what they claimed.
I just lost the fight, thx to the useless slow motion mod. It popped as she was doing her combo, so i couldn't avoid her other attacks. And i had gotten her so far down in health. Plus the Animal knuckles dosen't seem to work, or the bleed damage is so low, that it's pointless. I have yet to see her damage go down, without me hitting her.
The fight seems to be disigned so you lose if you get hit 2 times, no matter your hitpoints. I got 1 once, taking 320 damage, but my food buff made me heal up to 355. But i still lost the second time i got hit. Plus the fight is so inconsistent. What works one time, dosen't work another

Last edited:
Yeah the street brawler and blades skill trees could have some unlockable moves, like a 360° attack or dash forward attack...
Yeah

For example in other games there are often skills that don't directly unlock them in new buttons, but reshape the existing abilities OR enable a move on certain condition, for example when sprinting.

There should 100% certainly be a dash attack for blades.

So far I have only played through with the mono wires. So I had to play the boxing matches with out the gorilla arms. It was very stressful. But at some point I found myself hooked so I couldn't proceed with the rest of the game until I figured it out. Drained a few hours there. lol

But I will say that I spent more time with those matches than I did on TW3 where I only had to smash my face into the keyboard and I would just win every time. lol. Part of that probably had to do with me spamming other missions that leveled me up.

The fact that various guides tells you to pretty much cheat, but dropping a melee weapons. Tells you the quality of the fights

The fact that various guides tells you to pretty much cheat, but dropping a melee weapons. Tells you the quality of the fights
Anyway, there will always be guides to cheat for anything for any game :D
(you just have to write "duplication glitch" in youtube and you will see a gigantic amount of "guides")

Boxing in this game is far, far from perfect. The hitbox and collision system especially are all wrong, you keep getting hit from one meter away. And punches have no weight to them, you can't really "feel" them. Plus, enemies are bullet sponges if you don't happen to own a set or Gorilla Arms, and you are a glass cannon.

But i guess it's... serviceable. I mean, it's far from the first thing i'd like to see improved, so...

One of the things I wanted to get people's opinion on also is the little stories that came with the action. In the Witcher it was always some forgettable peasant to fight, but here in Night City there is interesting interactions, and some seem to have follow ups depending on your choices and what you said or did throughout the quest.

The Valentino one is my favorite specifically because of the options to handle the situation and the sweet follow up text message V can get later. It was a nice touch. There's also a gig dealing with The Animals that can be handled slightly different when done in conjunction with the boxing mission and vice versa.

One of the things I wanted to get people's opinion on also is the little stories that came with the action. In the Witcher it was always some forgettable peasant to fight, but here in Night City there is interesting interactions, and some seem to have follow ups depending on your choices and what you said or did throughout the quest.

The Valentino one is my favorite specifically because of the options to handle the situation and the sweet follow up text message V can get later. It was a nice touch. There's also a gig dealing with The Animals that can be handled slightly different when done in conjunction with the boxing mission and vice versa.
In TW3, the only one that I remember was the final fight against the Troll (Champion of Champions). For the rest, yes totally forget who/what/why :)
Yes pretty cool in CP, I also like Cézsar, pretty cool character and great dialogue line :)
But in general, they are all great, except Buck ! (the only one we ever see again in fact)

Anyway, there will always be guides to cheat for anything for any game :D
(you just have to write "duplication glitch" in youtube and you will see a gigantic amount of "guides")

But they are the first onces to show up. I also ended up cheating, because spending hours on one quest, just because it's so poorly designed and wasn't tested, or barely testet, can't be right. Just the thought of having to fight Razor, made me not even want to start the game up.

But they are the first onces to show up. I also ended up cheating, because spending hours on one quest, just because it's so poorly designed and wasn't tested, or barely testet, can't be right. Just the thought of having to fight Razor, made me not even want to start the game up.
I don't know, even with very low body skill (4), I enjoy it and beat all their faces quite easily without "cheating".
I simply use good cyberwares/mods and my "personal" technic :)
The most important is to buy the legendary gorilla arms at high level as possible. They are leveled and stay in state where you bough them (If you buy them at level 25/30, they are very weak in comparaison to level 50 ones). And also have high crit damage and crit chance, that's help a lot.

And little important detail, generally, I'm not especially good to those kind of fight (even pretty/very bad). My first playthrough, I thinking it was impossible, even in "very easy" and that I would never make it... :D

Last edited:
Boxing is fun, away from the beat on the brat missions, where the opponents are just obscenely overpowered and the experience is frustrating more than anything, especially if you have a V build that isn't optimised for melee.

Is it evidently broken; everybody has a reach of like two kilometres (V included, from what I've experienced) and my V seems unable to kick like the Scavs do, but there's a lot of fun to be had with a good old gutter-grade street fight (even with low body skill (9) and no arms cyberware, heh

Top Bottom