Boxing matches could use few tweaks

+

Surma.

Forum regular
Boxing could be tweaked around a bit, adding some special power moves for these boxers and some weak points you could figure out by scanning them, or talking to other people near the area.

They just all currently feel very generic, outside of the duo.

Maybe add couple more new boxers as well. There was training bot in the beginning of the game, but there's no real boxing robots. Imagine V gets call after beating the champion to participate in Human vs Robot tournament and get to fight some heavy armored fighter robot. You could have them do all sorts of series of 10 punches a second where you're immediately knocked out without blocking them, or have them move super quickly and making dodging next to impossible, but if you did in correct time, you could punch them in the back and make them fall instantly.

In Mike Tyson Punch Out (nes) for example there's all these super moves and character shortly taking step back to intimidate you, then entering in close proximity where if timed right they get be immediately knocked out.

You got me thinking about this again for a bit.
I find it weird that I cant practise with the sparring bot in the megabuilding and in turn increase some stat (temporarily or whatever) to make those boxing matches more accessible. I understand that in the beginning they are hard also as they're supposed to be the best in the field for each district. but I find it somewhat funny that V, after having fought a great multitude of enemies to still be equally as eak against them, at least that is what it feels like.

They could add headware for movement analysis of boxing opponents or something wich gives a speed boost or chance of counter attacks something like that.

They could add headware for movement analysis of boxing opponents or something wich gives a speed boost or chance of counter attacks something like that.
It's not head cyberware, but Kerensikov is pretty useful for avoid and counter those fighters :)
Not really a "counter", but avoid their attack and punch them in the back with strong attack, seems to me, to be pretty equivalent.

And I think it's no coincidence that V tells Fred about it at the beginning :)

Last edited:
It's not head cyberware, but Kerensikov is pretty useful for avoid and counter those fighters :)
Not really a "counter", but avoid their attack and punch them in the back with strong attack, seems to me, to be pretty equivalent.

And I think it's no coincidence that V tells Fred about it at the beginning :)
What do you mean with "its not" as reply to a suggestion of something new? That makes no sense. I suggest something new that is warm and you answer no it is cold? 0.0

I suggested new head cyberware to boost unarmed combat. What does this have to do with kerensikov?

What do you mean with "its not" as reply to a suggestion of something new? That makes no sense. I suggest something new that is warm and you answer no it is cold? 0.0

I suggested new head cyberware to boost unarmed combat. What does this have to do with kerensikov?
Ok sorry, I'm probably out of subject :(
Maybe my answer would have made more sense if I had quoted just this passage (or not)
gives a speed boost or chance of counter attacks
Slow time > Speed boost.
Avoid & Attack in a back > Counter.

Ok sorry, I'm probably out of subject :(
Maybe my answer would have made more sense if I had quoted just this passage (or not)
Ok i am no kerensikov user, i mostly use that other thing.. um beserk i think, Perhaps kerensikov gives an unarmed boost just like my suggestion, does it? Still there are similar boost in all the different skilltrees for the same mechanic. So it should not be to dramatic to have some headware chip that helps the brain to calculate information in a way that one gets a boost similar to another skill, buff, cyberware or mod, right?

Yep, kerensikov (common) who is already pretty useful (quite cheap) and didn't require any skill. So every build can use it :)
Because for me, counter the "Beat on the brat" fighters are pretty risky. If you miss it, you are almost dead. It's way safer to dodge and punch in the back.

Anyway, like all features like that, if CDPR want to add some new things, I'm totally ok :)

I prefered berserk for maximizing body in highspeed wich imo is the none plus ultra in every boxing match. But i would not be surprised if they patched that effekt of berserk to fast train the body skill out of the game. It almost looks like a bug to me but i did not resist to abuse it :p

A few is an understatement. Hand to Hand combat is bar none the worst form of combat in the game. It's actually laughable bad. Dunno how they achieved something that feels so clunky as the hand to hand but they did.

Top Bottom