Braindances & Cyberspace are a huge wasted potential?????

+
photomode_22122020_132736.png

I always loved detective stuff in video games. Games like Arkham Knight & Detroit Become Human are among my favorites because of this. When Cyberpunk announced Braindance sections, I was really looking forward to it. It felt like a huge evolution of the Detroit formula.
However, in the actual game there's only handful of Braindances. Most of them are extremely linear. They tie into a specific main/secondary quest but absent in Gigs which take up most of the completion time in Cyberpunk. Also you can loot few Braindances but I was sad find out that you can't actually play them. Only time you can play a looted Braindance is in that quest with scavengers. So, I can't be the only one who was disappointed by this. If this wasn't a big feature, why did they hype it up so much in Night City Wires? This would have been a great way to investigate crime scenes. Imagine what it would be like investigate various murder scenes in Braindanes & then actually going to the crime scene to investigate it further. Also random Braindances would have been a great way to build the world because game really lack it due to rushed & short story. Personally, how each layer looked in Braindances also induced a headache to me. They at least could have kept the visual layer looking real instead of knockoff Matrix look.
Same goes with the Cyberspace. Much of the details about it in the shards & introduction to it felt really weird. You don't spend enough time in it to immerse yourself. It feels like another thing in the world that we explore only superficially just like rest of the themes of Cyberpunk. I remember how I was amazed that you can go to other realms & worlds in "Through Time & Space" quest. They didn't have to do it but inclusion of that quest gave me a real surprise. However in Cyberpunk, CDPR doesn't even explore things that are really important to the game.
Hyping up those features just to end up in a half-assed state tells me that we are missing some content here. However CDPR respectfully confirmed that rumors are not true. So, I believe them.

I was hoping BDs would be in game at launch for detective work or bounty hunting missions. Experiencing shards through them would be amazing.

I came across a shard in the badlands that was next to some type of shuttle wreckage and the conversation talked about how they were close to finding something (didn't really pay attention, too much text). It would've been SO much better through a BD.

Icinix

Forum veteran
I was hoping BDs would be in game at launch for detective work or bounty hunting missions. Experiencing shards through them would be amazing.

I came across a shard in the badlands that was next to some type of shuttle wreckage and the conversation talked about how they were close to finding something (didn't really pay attention, too much text). It would've been SO much better through a BD.

This.

I want my damn adventures of Detective V. I feel like this could be a great opportunity for Misty too, she would be one hell of an awesome sidekick / medium.

Glad those sequences were over pretty quickly for the most part myself, though i'd still like the whole introductory BD experience with the store hold up to be completely skippable if you choose to do so, much like the tutorial shard jackie gives you.

Im not one for denying ppl content they like so if the devs decide to do more so be it but i wouldn't personally loose any sleep over it if they never bothered either

That's where you find the money exploit, I think.
I wanted additional context for much of these gigs.
Post automatically merged:

This.

I want my damn adventures of Detective V. I feel like this could be a great opportunity for Misty too, she would be one hell of an awesome sidekick / medium.
That would be awesome

It's one of the most ironic tragedies in this rushed to market rewrite that for a game focussing on life in a dystopian future cyberpunk city where self modification, augmentation and VR analysis and forensic investigation are touted as key elements that in the released game this whole vital, massive and energising potential area was simply dumped in a bucket to make way for CDPR's Keanu fetish and the almighty pre-order $ that resulted.

Don't even! It is about as bare bones as it gets.

The BD's that are present are very minimal. I really thought there would be a lot more to them and of them. As for "cyberspace" well it is non existent. I was really hoping to have at least a couple runs with puzzles and some combat. Especially after meeting Alt and learning more about the Rogue AI's and Lost Netrunners. Nope.

The topic name have lack of question marks :facepalm: BD and cybespace have huge potential for DLCs. I hope to see the hacking / breaching possibilities through the cyberspace. Like in shadowrun.

Don't even! It is about as bare bones as it gets.

The BD's that are present are very minimal. I really thought there would be a lot more to them and of them. As for "cyberspace" well it is non existent. I was really hoping to have at least a couple runs with puzzles and some combat. Especially after meeting Alt and learning more about the Rogue AI's and Lost Netrunners. Nope.

Inorite...

I was hoping they would build on things in the industry already.
Take Shadowrun that game did a hella job with cyberspace!

I thought Braindances would have been a good way to to share your experience with other people...record something as you do it and then upload it to a cloud, sorta like how Assassins Creed does their photos. Then anyone could download it to a "shard" in their game and watch what I did.

Top Bottom