Brehen - Opinion from a Guerilla Tactics main

+

rrc

Forum veteran
[I know it is too early to comment as have plenty of cards yet to be revealed and things can change drastically. This is an early opinion and can very well change. Or Not.]

When I first saw that card in the Developer Stream, my first thought was "Is this an ST card? Because it sucks", and that is exactly what I typed in the chat. I was thinking of creating a thread as soon as I saw that card, but I saw in the Main thread about WotW that at least one of the forum member thought it is an OP card and it needs to be nerfed immediately. I didn't know if it was sarcastic or serious, but after some followups I realized (s)he was serious. So, I want to record my thoughts about the card and why I think it is a junk card (even in GT decks).

Brehen is possibly the easiest card to play around in the entire game. It kills the rightmost unit. So, we still don't know if simply playing or keeping an artifact on the right side simply plays around that card. But I sincerely hope it will look for the rightmost unit and wouldn't expect the unit to be rightmost like Sandstrom or the 8P elf who does 2 damage to the corner units. You can keep your weakest unit on the right (Frigate, Crowmother, Wandering Treant, Fireswom Tokens, Arachas Drones) and it will play for 5 or 6 or 7 points for 8P.

In a very short round, it can very well play for 4 points as both rows can have less than three units. Even with Adrenaline 3, it needs 3 units on a row. You can play your strong unit on the same row as the row which is going to have more than 3 (or 5) units that it will be impossible to move it to the right on the same row. Now coming to GT, playing the strong card on the same row would require two moves (that is 66% of the leader ability) and if we are going to move and then destroy, we are losing the value of the 2 damage the leader brings.

Moving once with Dragoon or Hawk can be easily played around (having less than 3 units on the row or if that is not possible, playing the new units on the right to protect this unit). The reliable way to kill is to play Malena where the opponent would want/need to kill Malena (otherwise, she can move again and achieve the condition.. but and even that can be played around by killing her with units like Hajlmar). Overall, this is a junk card which may give a lot of value against noobs who don't play around this card and want to play into this card to be featured in The Great Dandelion Show.

Now, someone will want to tell "It has a unique tag!" and for that I will laugh for 5 minutes before I can answer that "What does a Witcher do in a GT or movement based deck? Also, there will be more bronze witchers which can be played for Harmony and not this junk 8P card". I hope this card gets more support, otherwise, this will be a brand new shiny shitty filler card which will sit with Hattori and have a tea-party in the deck builder.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I dont know, but at first i thought it was really strong too like the player in the other thread. Even if it proves to be not that good, im sure it will give a boost to Guerrilla Tactics and lots of players trying to make it work.

It can be played around, quite tricky but it can be done, however if its not, its the cheapest 'any unit removal' in the game, at 4 body, 8 provisions and 1 leader charge, you can use it on any unit, with the only conditions being the presence of a defender which will limit the target movement you do and the 3/5 units on row restriction.

I think the easiest way to play around it is simply to rowstack, always playing your best units on left instead of right, it will be similar to playing around OH, with Miruna/Manticore.

People also stated that Manticore would be garbage, until someone tried a small consume package with OH.
I think DRK3 is right about this being the cheapest removal in the game, being 1 base str above Geralt of Rivia and 2 provisions cheaper, while having a different restriction.

I do not see Brehen already being bad at this point, it is a card that is a definitely useful staple for a certain leader ability.
At this point that leader ability may be awful, however with more support I assume this might change.
Let us all not forget that in these past expansions they decided to support undersupported archetypes within each faction, even the Warrior archetype in Skellige was a joke before the last expansion.
They seem to mostly release support for one such underwhelming archetype/mechanic and in this case this apppears to be movement, not to mention that we will see more Witchers (I would be surprised to see only 1 Cat School Witcher) and thus Vesemir: Mentor might also support this card's tag (being a Witcher).
Beyond that the movement archtype would also fit the Cat School, basically having a reputation for being hired assassins (which according to Geralt is not exactly unearned [see Witcher 3]).

I think people are a bit quick to jump the gun with this one. There might just be some movement support that allows players to switch where on the row opponent's units are placed. Forcing a unit to the right of the row perhaps?
Complete placement control like this could make Guerilla ST really cool I think.

rrc

Forum veteran
I dont know, but at first i thought it was really strong too like the player in the other thread. Even if it proves to be not that good, im sure it will give a boost to Guerrilla Tactics and lots of players trying to make it work.
It is definitely a boost to GT and no doubt about it. And this will be the first card I will try to make it work as soon as the expansion hits. And I am sure I will get some success as people may not play around it and will make mistakes. But once people are familiar with this, it is going to become a meme card.

It can be played around, quite tricky but it can be done, however if its not, its the cheapest 'any unit removal' in the game, at 4 body, 8 provisions and 1 leader charge, you can use it on any unit, with the only conditions being the presence of a defender which will limit the target movement you do and the 3/5 units on row restriction.
If you think about it, it is also the card with the hardest condition and easiest play-around ability for any destroy unit. You can't simply use one leader charge and kill a unit if the unit you want to kill is on the same row and in that case, you would need two leader charges (already reducing the killed-unit by 4 points at which point this card may not provide more value).

I think the easiest way to play around it is simply to rowstack, always playing your best units on left instead of right, it will be similar to playing around OH, with Miruna/Manticore.
Yes, rowstack with the unit you want to protect on the left is the best way to do. In short R3, just distribute the units on both rows to make sure the unit you want to be protected stay in a row such that even if it is moved to the other row, it wont have 3 units.

People also stated that Manticore would be garbage, until someone tried a small consume package with OH.
I think DRK3 is right about this being the cheapest removal in the game, being 1 base str above Geralt of Rivia and 2 provisions cheaper, while having a different restriction.
Except that, Manticore puts you in an awkward position as to not play your defender or any good card as your first card, this card doesn't. You can play your defender and Vyosogota without any issues and then just making sure to keep a weak 4P card on the right.

Geralt of Rivia and this card is absolutely uncomparable. Geralt's condition is more easily reached than this card which can't do shit if opponent knows this card exists and plays around it.

I think people are a bit quick to jump the gun with this one. There might just be some movement support that allows players to switch where on the row opponent's units are placed. Forcing a unit to the right of the row perhaps?
Complete placement control like this could make Guerilla ST really cool I think.
True! It is too early to call this card weak as we don't know the rest of the cards. But this is a convoluted card and to get value depends on other cards or leader charge(s) and expecting the opponent to let their guard down. But nontheless, this may be a stable card for GT (since any GT is a meme leader)

[...]
True! It is too early to call this card weak as we don't know the rest of the cards. But this is a convoluted card and to get value depends on other cards or leader charge(s) and expecting the opponent to let their guard down. But nontheless, this may be a stable card for GT (since any GT is a meme leader)
My point was that Guerilla Tactics is currently garbage, but could become decent with the remaining movement support, so GT makes Brehen decent and the rest makes GT decent, at the very least that is the ideal scenario, however considering what they managed to accomplish in the last expansions I would not be surprised if GT could become actually playable.

[...]
Geralt of Rivia and this card is absolutely uncomparable. Geralt's condition is more easily reached than this card which can't do shit if opponent knows this card exists and plays around it.
[...]
Both are "high" provision, low base strength tall punish cards, so I would think the comparison works.
In reality I do not think that playing around Brehen is as trivial as we might assume, especially since with a functional movement archetype row punish would become a real threat and once you do again spread between both rows you are bound to put some decent target on a row, where the other row will have at the very least 2 units.

Think about it, if you use a GT charge on a target you damage it by 2 and Brehen needs to kill a 6 point card to be worth 10 for 8, so you would need to move an 8 or higher (here order and engine values further add towards this) to get that value with a GT charge, being more easily achieved than Geralt.
Furthermore you can also move another unit out of the way, rather than moving the target itself, in which case a unit like Aedirnian Mauler would already give Brehen value as a 10 for 8.
I feel one easily underestimates how small the target for Brehen can be to get good value.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I just wanna know why does Brehen look so old lol. I mean, Cat School witchers aren't really expected to live long (I mean witchers from "safer" schools don't get to live THAT long neither, only known exception so far being Vesimir) considering they're psychotic and have bounties on their heads lol. Or maybe he's just THAT GOOD and keeps on surviving. :]

Last edited:
I just wanna know why does Brehen look so old lol.
Interesting question. On the subject of age, I'm reminded of this entry from the art contest:
1605634902961.png

By Wayne Wu

I think the OP was talking about me, since i said it was too good that card.

I am still thinking it is. Of course i read your arguments and i agree its a "little" dificult to trigger the card, but i dont think its sooo dificult. There is a lof of SC cards wich can move units, specially malena.

I do agree in a short round that card can bricks, but geralt can bricks in a short round too.

So, for now, maybe the card its not sooo good, but still really good

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
On the surface it's pretty bad design, honestly. Very situational. VERY conditional and I kinda hate the half-baked synergy with GT, where you lose the already meager leader damage value by using it. Moreelse (as the "equivalent" card that comes to mind first) is MUCH better in comparison. But, like, that's NORMAL for ST :ROFLMAO: so I'm not even mad.

That aside, its existence and the fact that the ST "Cat" thing says movement and agility gives me hope for the movement archetype.

On the surface it's pretty bad design, honestly. Very situational. VERY conditional and I kinda hate the half-baked synergy with GT, where you lose the already meager leader damage value by using it. Moreelse (as the "equivalent" card that comes to mind first) is MUCH better in comparison. But, like, that's NORMAL for ST :ROFLMAO: so I'm not even mad.

That aside, its existence and the fact that the ST "Cat" thing says movement and agility gives me hope for the movement archetype.
Moreelse is an 8 for 9 or a 4 + kill anything for 15 though ... I do not see how an 8 provision card compares accurately to that.

Moreelse is an 8 for 9 or a 4 + kill anything for 15 though ... I do not see how an 8 provision card compares accurately to that.
Huh? 15? Are you rolling the tribute cost into the provisions or something?
The comparison is it's a 4-body tall removal card that cost one provision more but can be used either with no condition for 8 (Brehen cannot be), and its condition of 6 coins to destroy ANY unit is a lot easier to achieve than 5 cards and positioning requirement of Brehen.
Granted it's not identical - would be kinda silly if it were - but yes, you can compare them...

Huh? 15? Are you rolling the tribute cost into the provisions or something?
[...]
Yes, given that 1 coin is worth >=1 points and the points/provisions start getting more linear for higher provision cards, so this way of looking at things is useful for a decent first impression of efficiency.

[...]
The comparison is it's a 4-body tall removal card that cost one provision more but can be used either with no condition for 8 (Brehen cannot be), and its condition of 6 coins to destroy ANY unit is a lot easier to achieve than 5 cards and positioning requirement of Brehen.
[...]
The issue with your logic is that you compare a condition (Brehen) to an active resource/point cost (Moreelse) to reach the same.
Brehen meeting that condition is not a cost, Moreelse does give you the destruction, however makes you lose >=6 points to do so.

[...]
Granted it's not identical - would be kinda silly if it were - but yes, you can compare them...
I would say Geralt of Rivia and Geralt: Professional are more fitting comparisons, given that those are also roughly at the same base strength and also destroy a unit (regardless of strength) with an attached condition.

Yes, given that 1 coin is worth >=1 points and the points/provisions start getting more linear for higher provision cards, so this way of looking at things is useful for a decent first impression of efficiency.

Decent, maybe, but actually not very good, imo. I feel like there are multiple issues with this logic. One, you assign value to the coin without considering how it's earned AND used, both via hoard and tributes, compared to the point "currency" of all other factions, namely damage and boosts. Where other faction units convert their provisions directly into points on the board that can be countered - by healing or return damage, as appropriate - coin-earning units put that value into a non-interactive "safe," including the indestructible "engine" of the hoard. Two, simply put, you only "lose" 6 points if you have a spender. Three, it seems by the same logic Hjalmar should count as 13 for 20 if you banish a 10-point greatsword, because it could have been resurrected and placed on the board... Four, as already mentioned, when used with GT you will be losing 2-4 direct points of value with Brehen, as well. Five, there are discounts ;d And six, quite honestly, if you put the two cards side by side and ask a hundred people to pick the better of the two, crazy "15" point cost and all, I expect moreelse to win by a landslide.

I would say Geralt of Rivia and Geralt: Professional are more fitting comparisons, given that those are also roughly at the same base strength and also destroy a unit (regardless of strength) with an attached condition.

Geralts are fine choices, though them being neutral is not exactly fitting I feel. if you dislike Moreelse comparison, take Graden, or Vanhemar (6p), or even Vincent, all of whose conditions are much easier to fulfill than Brehen, unless the opponent goofs and plays directly into him.

[...]
I feel like there are multiple issues with this logic. One, you assign value to the coin without considering how it's earned AND used, both via hoard and tributes, compared to the point "currency" of all other factions, namely damage and boosts. Where other faction units convert their provisions directly into points on the board that can be countered - by healing or return damage, as appropriate - coin-earning units put that value into a non-interactive "safe," including the indestructible "engine" of the hoard.
[...]
In that case you lose even more points as you reduce the potential of hoard units, however given that those usually do not spend those coins and just use their existence to meet a condition I did not include them for simplicity.

[...]
Two, simply put, you only "lose" 6 points if you have a spender.
[...]
That is true, like handbuffs are not worth points if you have no cards in your hand.
Usually/Basically always not having a spender is just a lose condition, your argument in this case is true, if you already lost 6 coins and all coin generators are worthless for the entire round, then it does not add any further costs.

By the same logic if you have no sources of removal, except Hjalmar (without graveyard) and have a Greatsword in hand it might be better to just discard the Greatsword than playing it, Hjalmar still gets his removal value, but the condition is that a 6p card was so horrendously bad that you would rather play it for 0 points than have yet another card brick.

[...]
Three, it seems by the same logic Hjalmar should count as 13 for 20 if you banish a 10-point greatsword, because it could have been resurrected and placed on the board...
[...]
Disagreed, revival is not free, it is a resource as well, which has to be counted towards the value of the reviver.
With 2 Greatswords you can even use them for both Harald and Hjalmar.
If you really want to play this game, if you have a Greatsword and a Raider in your Graveyard you do not reach the full potential on both cards (in case you even want to Harald the Greatsword, rather than the Raider), then you could consider that you played the difference between the value of the 2 bronzes below Hjalmar's potential, however again, revival is not a free resource, nor are coins, this is like stating that handbuffs in ST are free or that boosts in NR are free (and do not have points assigned to them).

[...]
Four, as already mentioned, when used with GT you will be losing 2-4 direct points of value with Brehen, as well.
[...]
Agreed, if you use a GT charge Brehen is a 2 for 8 (, which removes the moved unit) or you consider the package of a charge + Brehen to be worth 4 and a removal for 8 provisions and a leader charge.
You could also use the leader charges to move other units out of the way, in which case you do not lose any value from your charges.
Brehen should be (although barely) worth a GT charge to be 8p 4str tall removal or just generally good value.
The issue is that GT is still not a really viable leader ability.

[...]
Five, there are discounts ;d
[...]
Are you really talking about the Tribute leader ability noone uses or Luiza noone uses anymore ?

[...]
And six, quite honestly, if you put the two cards side by side and ask a hundred people to pick the better of the two, crazy "15" point cost and all, I expect moreelse to win by a landslide.
[...]
The decisions of a hundred people are still not necessarily remotely objective, just because you choose a (relatively) large sample size.
Do you remember the Imlerith: Sabbath case in Open Beta, where everyone considered Sabbath to be a garbage all in meme card ?
It took Swim some time, but he made a non-all-in version, which terrorized the game.
In this case the decision of the majority was based on a wrong perception.

And besides, if we do not talk about GT, which might not even be viable after the next expansion, then Moreelse as a 4 deal 4 for 9 is already better.

[...]
Geralts are fine choices, though them being neutral is not exactly fitting I feel. if you dislike Moreelse comparison, take Graden, or Vanhemar (6p), or even Vincent, all of whose conditions are much easier to fulfill than Brehen, unless the opponent goofs and plays directly into him.
Vincent is a fitting comparison, Graden and Vanhemar not so much, given that putting bounties is an actual cost and since one can no longer leader into a bounty Graden has fallen out of favor.
Vanhemar is also not very fitting, given that putting a lock on something is again a cost, rather than a condition and the locked card is already not an engine anymore, so only its body counts for the removal.
Vanhemar is also 1 point weaker, while being 2 provisions cheaper, so it has that over Brehen.

To sum it all up, I agree that the examples you gave are a lot easier to meet, however they have actual costs attached to them, which Brehen just has a difficult condition, making the only valid comparisons Vincent (which I agree is much, much better) and the Geralts.

In order to evaluate Brehen (body 4, Provisions 8) I think it´s best to compare him with other destroy opponent unit cards
-> Need at least 4 (adrenaline 2) units in a row when u want to move one unit with your leader or Malena to that row and destroy it there with Brehen. One can argue that Brehen has destroy -2 as he will probably mostly used with GT Leader.

SK

Champion's Charge (Raid): Provisions 7, Conditional Bloodthirst 3
-> Cheaper, but no body, Condition is more difficult to meet, can be tutored with raid. To my mind worse than Brehen.

Tuirseach Axeman (Warrior): Provisions 4, body 4, Conditional: half of base strength
-> much cheaper, much more difficult to meet (makes sense with Ulfhedinn), value limited as destroyed target only has half of its base strength, can be taken from graveyard with various MM cards. To my mind worse than Brehen.

SY

Graden: Provisions 9, body 3, Conditions: bouty on target, Tribute 5: boost by base strength
-> More expensive, but also easy to meet condition if opponent not focused on purify + additional tribute opportunity. To my mind better than Brehen

Moreelse: Provisions 9, body 4, Conditions: Tribute 6
-> More expensive, more difficult condition to my mind, but additional damage 4 opportunity. To my mind worse than Brehen.

MO

Imlerith's Wrath (Wild Hunt): Provisions 8, destroy if control Imlerith
-> More expensive, but no body, Condition is difficult to meet, but often quasi-destroy if you have dominant unit. Can be tutored, To my mind worse than Brehen.

Predatory Dive (Organic): Provision 5, destroy lowest units on both sides,
-> Cheaper, no body, can be tutored, makes sense with organic leader (+ 1 insectoide), very luck dependent that there are valuable targets. To my mind worse than Brehen

NG (the destroy fraction)

Leo Bonhart: Provision 10, Body 3, Destroy either 9 or stronger or witcher
-More expensive (+2), lower body (-1), So also 1 point worse than Brehen, condition more difficult to meet, but might be more often used in witcher dominated meta

Vincent Van Moorlehem: Provision 10, Body 3, Destroy enemy unit with status
-More expensive (+2), lower body (-1), So also 1 point worse than Brehen, condition comparable to meet (as both usually has to be prepared), to my mind more or less comparable to Brehen

Vilgefortz: Provisions 9, Body 5, Destroy enemy or own unit then summon other
- More expensive (+1), higher body (+1), condition more easy to meet, can be used to summon own cards (hyperthin), can be used if attack opponent deck strategy (mill), to my mind can be very risky but very valuable in specific strategies and difficult to compare to Brehen

Vanhemar: Provisions 6, Body 3, Destroy locked
- Cheaper (-2), lower body (+1), So 1 point stronger than Brehen, conditions probably a bit more difficult to meet (can suck if you already used your leader blockers and for some reasons do not have blockers on hand), to my mind comparable to Brehen

Neutral

Geralt: Professional: Provisions 11, Body 3, destroy if dividable by 3 or damage by 3
- More expensive (+3), lower body (-1), Condition more difficult to meet. To my mind worse than Brehen

Dandelion: Vainglory: Provisions 10, body 5, destroy opponent beast
- More expensive (+2), higher body (+1), Condition very difficult to meet (what to do if there are no opponent beasts?) Much worse than Brehen -> Should be reworked (maybe different deploy activities on Melee and Ranged)

Gaunter O'Dimm: Provisions 10, body 5, give doomed and order destroy doomed unit
- More expensive (+2), higher body (+1), Condition more difficult to meet, probability that Gaunter dies before destroy order, worse than Brehen

Geralt of Rivia: Provisions 9, Body 3, Destroy 9 or stronger
- More expensive (+1), lower body (-1), condition to my mind a bit more difficult to meet, So worse than Brehen

Geralt: Igni: Provisions 10, Body 2, Destroy strongest units on row with min 35 value (Initiative 20)
- More expensive (+2), lower body (-2), difficult to compare to Brehen as he can destroy many units but has very strong conditions

Eyck of Denesle: Provisions 8: Body 3, Order: Destroy 9 or stronger (Zeal if dragon in hand)
- To my mind card is worse than Geralt of Rivia and so of course as Brehen. 1 Provision save does not have the value of an order deploy replacement. Dragon in hand also very risky.

Epidemic: 5 Provisions, Destroy 4 provision unit
To my mind no comparable to Brehen. You basically waste 1 provision

=> Guerilla Tactics had a win rate of 38,9 per cent and a play rate of 0,5 per cent (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...nd-win-rates-in-season-of-the-dryad.11037992/). To my mind Brehen makes more sense with Guerilla Tactics. When you are lucky and Malena is on board when you want to use him, his destroy does not get a -2 value. If you play him with other decks you can maybe surprise your opponent. Probably he does not think about Brehen and plays by accident a strong unit on the right, but then you must be lucky.

Last edited:
In order to evaluate Brehen (body 4, Provisions 8) I think it´s best to compare him with other destroy opponent unit cards
-> Need at least 4 (adrenaline 2) units in a row when u want to move one unit with your leader or Malena to that row and destroy it there with Brehen. One can argue that Brehen has destroy -2 as he will probably mostly used with GT Leader.

SK

Champion's Charge (Raid): Provisions 7, Conditional Bloodthirst 3
-> Cheaper, but no body, Condition is more difficult to meet, can be tutored with raid. To my mind worse than Brehen.

Tuirseach Axeman (Warrior): Provisions 4, body 4, Conditional: half of base strength
-> much cheaper, much more difficult to meet (makes sense with Ulfhedinn), value limited as destroyed target only has half of its base strength, can be taken from graveyard with various MM cards. To my mind worse than Brehen.

SY

Graden: Provisions 9, body 3, Conditions: bouty on target, Tribute 5: boost by base strength
-> More expensive, but also easy to meet condition if opponent not focused on purify + additional tribute opportunity. To my mind better than Brehen

Moreelse: Provisions 9, body 4, Conditions: Tribute 6
-> More expensive, more difficult condition to my mind, but additional damage 4 opportunity. To my mind worse than Brehen.

MO

Imlerith's Wrath (Wild Hunt): Provisions 8, destroy if control Imlerith
-> More expensive, but no body, Condition is difficult to meet, but often quasi-destroy if you have dominant unit. Can be tutored, To my mind worse than Brehen.

Predatory Dive (Organic): Provision 5, destroy lowest units on both sides,
-> Cheaper, no body, can be tutored, makes sense with organic leader (+ 1 insectoide), very luck dependent that there are valuable targets. To my mind worse than Brehen

NG (the destroy fraction)

Leo Bonhart: Provision 10, Body 3, Destroy either 9 or stronger or witcher
-More expensive (+2), lower body (-1), So also 1 point worse than Brehen, condition more difficult to meet, but might be more often used in witcher dominated meta

Vincent Van Moorlehem: Provision 10, Body 3, Destroy enemy unit with status
-More expensive (+2), lower body (-1), So also 1 point worse than Brehen, condition comparable to meet (as both usually has to be prepared), to my mind more or less comparable to Brehen

Vilgefortz: Provisions 9, Body 5, Destroy enemy or own unit then summon other
- More expensive (+1), higher body (+1), condition more easy to meet, can be used to summon own cards (hyperthin), can be used if attack opponent deck strategy (mill), to my mind can be very risky but very valuable in specific strategies and difficult to compare to Brehen

Vanhemar: Provisions 6, Body 3, Destroy locked
- Cheaper (-2), lower body (+1), So 1 point stronger than Brehen, conditions probably a bit more difficult to meet (can suck if you already used your leader blockers and for some reasons do not have blockers on hand), to my mind comparable to Brehen

Neutral

Geralt: Professional: Provisions 11, Body 3, destroy if dividable by 3 or damage by 3
- More expensive (+3), lower body (-1), Condition more difficult to meet. To my mind worse than Brehen

Dandelion: Vainglory: Provisions 10, body 5, destroy opponent beast
- More expensive (+2), higher body (+1), Condition very difficult to meet (what to do if there are no opponent beasts?) Much worse than Brehen -> Should be reworked (maybe different deploy activities on Melee and Ranged)

Gaunter O'Dimm: Provisions 10, body 5, give doomed and order destroy doomed unit
- More expensive (+2), higher body (+1), Condition more difficult to meet, probability that Gaunter dies before destroy order, worse than Brehen

Geralt of Rivia: Provisions 9, Body 3, Destroy 9 or stronger
- More expensive (+1), lower body (-1), condition to my mind a bit more difficult to meet, So worse than Brehen

Geralt: Igni: Provisions 10, Body 2, Destroy strongest units on row with min 35 value (Initiative 20)
- More expensive (+2), lower body (-2), difficult to compare to Brehen as he can destroy many units but has very strong conditions

Eyck of Denesle: Provisions 8: Body 3, Order: Destroy 9 or stronger (Zeal if dragon in hand)
- To my mind card is worse than Geralt of Rivia and so of course as Brehen. 1 Provision save does not have the value of an order deploy replacement. Dragon in hand also very risky.

Epidemic: 5 Provisions, Destroy 4 provision unit
To my mind no comparable to Brehen. You basically waste 1 provision

=> Guerilla Tactics had a win rate of 38,9 per cent and a play rate of 0,5 per cent (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...nd-win-rates-in-season-of-the-dryad.11037992/). To my mind Brehen makes more sense with Guerilla Tactics. When you are lucky and Malena is on board when you want to use him, his destroy does not get a -2 value. If you play him with other decks you can maybe surprise your opponent. Probably he does not think about Brehen and plays by accident a strong unit on the right, but then you must be lucky.
You forget Maraal, but he has the same "atributtes" than Gauther.

Did you guys see the other new card? Its in the topic of the new expansion. I think with that card Brehen is strongest than we thought

Top Bottom