Brendan's Second Quest Still not Fixed in 1.2 (+ some other bugs I've noticed)

+
The second quest for the Brendan vending machine still isn't working for me after the 1.2 update. The patch notes do state,
  • Fixed an issue where Coin Operated Boy could get blocked if player didn't talk to Brendan immediately after seeing his conversation with a girl.
(Im playing on PS5) So I just wanted to let anyone who is listening in CDPR that that quest is still bugged. On top of that, while I got your attention there are a handful of other bugs I'm experiencing.

First, some armor mods do not stack with one another. The specific mod im talking about is the "Bully" mod that increases your crit damage by 30%. I also noticed that now there is a red zero at the top right of the mod's image. I dont remember that being there before but I could be wrong. Either way that seems to me to be some indication that the mod isn't being applied. The issue with that is that all my clothing mods have that red zero and if I remove all my clothing, the % for crit damage doesn't change at all.

Second, it does look like clothing vendors have had a number of tweaks but the bug still persists that after a clothing vendor's first refresh of their stocks after the first time you talk to them, they will never have legendary crafting specs available again. Which is a shame when you really want to max out your character.

And I think that's it. I really hope these problems get addressed soon but overall I believe the 1.2 update has improved the game.

I hace a problem (bug) with "Cyberpsycho Sighting: Where the Bodies Hit the Floor" quest, after I killed the psycho and search for info in the area, it doesnt appear a new task about writing Regina about this psycho. I need this mission to finish all the psycho :(

Cyberpsycho: Discount doc is still broken too for those whose animation messes up so you can't get the "send a crew" shard

Cyberpsycho: Bloody ritual still broken for me in 1.2.
Playing in PS5.
How do you approach that quest? Prior 1.2 I found that if I scan or interact with the bathtube to examine it the quest will glitch out. Make sure you don't touch that one at all. Just go around and scan the other clues in the area. It should work, as a potential workaround until they fully fix it.

How do you approach that quest? Prior 1.2 I found that if I scan or interact with the bathtube to examine it the quest will glitch out. Make sure you don't touch that one at all. Just go around and scan the other clues in the area. It should work, as a potential workaround until they fully fix it.
I dont remenber what was my approach, but now it´s too late (only one saved data).
I will wait for the next patch...

Same here, 200+ hours in the game, done all quests except brendan's one.

I think I stuck at the point where the thug should defacing brendan... but the thug never showed up

1.2 did nothing here

please fix asap

The quest is still bugged for me as well... fix this please

Oh and the constant crashing if you can FINALLY fix, it would be nice. Patch 1.2 had an entire section about stability and in my case it did very very little.

Second, it does look like clothing vendors have had a number of tweaks but the bug still persists that after a clothing vendor's first refresh of their stocks after the first time you talk to them, they will never have legendary crafting specs available again. Which is a shame when you really want to max out your character.
on my side i dont get any legendary crafting specs at all after patch 1.2 (not even on first visit) but therefor they sell legendary gear now more fequently... (ps4)

I dont remenber what was my approach, but now it´s too late (only one saved data).
I will wait for the next patch...
When approaching the area and this is the most important part:
SCAN NOTHING
Go talk to the guy dying, before he dies ( this is very important if he dies before talking mission will bug out and it is a really dumb way of designing mission, especially when the mission updates take too long so that if you do not know what to do it is easily missed. )
If you missed this part I doubt it will ever be fixed, you will need to redo it.

WAIT FOR MISSION UPDATE
Scan everything, around the tub/fridge
Go to dumpster jhonny is sitting on and interact with corpse behind.
Now corpse should get up from tub.
Kill, loot shard, crack shard
Might need to talk to jhonny but at this point it won't bug out.

Mantra to Platinum
- Manual save slot 1
- Go to missions area
- Manual save slot 2
- Follow missions instructions, ONLY SCAN IF/WHEN misions tells you or mission is finished, never scan something far away from mission area or you might bug out a mission not even started yet.
- Mission completed
- Manual save slot 3
- From time to time, just roaming around, maybe getting items or collectibles, Manual save from time to time in new Slot rotate about 5-6 slots for this.

If you do this you will make it, but sometimes you can lose 10 hours of play or even 20, but still better then needing to start from scratch everytime.

Some other tips
- If you go to a mission area and there is police or some thugs fighting nearby, ignore and complete mission before doing the other stuff around.
Example: Meeting the broadcast journalist, 1 police and 1 thugs shooting just around the corner, if you start shooting outside he will come out with a gun starting shooting at you and mission will fail.
- If you are on your way to a mission area and you get a call about other mission that is "urgent" do the urgent mission before anything else.
One is a doctor held hostage, another is the asian guy in a motel, but there are more if not done in time you will get phone call saying you failed mission and it will be removed from log.
- If halfway through a mission ALWAYS finish what your doing.
- Some missions your not allowed to take alternate route inside. Why it's good to have a save from just before starting mission.
Example: Journalist guy again if you go up and enter through the roof he will be aggro and you can't talk to him. Mission fails. Need to go through the front doors.

But all that is no problem if you follow the above mantra. The random saves is for when maybe sometime you forget to save before mission or you like me think this one can't bug out so you skip the save and bam it fails... This is when you might need to redo 10-20 hours of play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom