Bribery bugged

+
Just to report a possible bug .

In my opinion is not possible that every single time opponent gets oak with bribery, something must be wrong.

I played 10 times against NG and in ALL of them they got oak .

Is it a common issue?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Is it a common issue?

It's not bugged. Bribery just has a high chance of getting top tier cards because of the small draw pool.

Related threads:

Guest 4375874

A separate but similar issue, it doesn't appear to be random at all. Isn't "create" supposed to be random....if so then something is broken. 9/10 my opponent will get the gold card I last played two or three times. This cannot be random

There are several things to say about NF, but the last one kick my ass...

My opposant played Bribery card three time in the last round. There is no problem with that, but...
The problem begins when Bribery 1 created The Great Oak, the most powerful card of my deck. 3 chances on 23 cards, probability < 13%, I think « Bad luck », but ok.

Then appeared the second Bribery. And guess what, a second Great Oak !!! Probability that he creates 2 Great Oaks consecutively < 1,75%... Very Bad Luck... But ok, situation is not desperate.

But I think you guess where I want to go... A third Great Oak for the last Bribery !!! Probability that he creates 3 Great Oaks consecutively < 0,25%............................... At this point, I think Chance can't be the only problem !!!!!

I decide to read the description of Bribery Card, maybe I missed something :
Creates and Play a unit from your opponent's starting deck

Ok, so the probability that happened is really < 0,25%.... This % is too low to convinced me, because there is a point that clearly make me doubt : Great Oak was still in my deck in the final round, which contained 8 cards. So I think Bribery don't search a card in your starting deck, but in your present deck. Restrospectively, each time I have to deal with Bribery recently, I think units created was always from my present deck, and never from my hand or my graveyard (but I could be wrong).

Is someone could confirm or not this ? Cause I am really circumspect about the way Bribery works actually...

Last edited:
Just to report a possible bug .

In my opinion is not possible that every single time opponent gets oak with bribery, something must be wrong.

I played 10 times against NG and in ALL of them they got oak .

Is it a common issue?

How can this not be a bug ? This card is a f* joke.

This card ruins the game, and is rigged to display certain cards. Im absolutely sure.

Attachments

• 2020-05-21_1406_1222222222.jpg
    2020-05-21_1406_1222222222.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 97

Guest 4375874

How can this not be a bug ? This card is a f* joke.

This card ruins the game, and is rigged to display certain cards. Im absolutely sure.
You're not the only one. According to the mods however it's not bugged lol It was worse a few months ago so I guess we should be grateful for the progress. 9/10 times it will give them your best card even if they play it 2-3 times... on the 10th it now draws a bronze.....that's not broken at all :shrug: You can't add two of the same gold cards to your deck but apparently NG can play them

You're not the only one. According to the mods however it's not bugged lol It was worse a few months ago so I guess we should be grateful for the progress. 9/10 times it will give them your best card even if they play it 2-3 times... on the 10th it now draws a bronze.....that's not broken at all :shrug: You can't add two of the same gold cards to your deck but apparently NG can play them

Good point. :smart:

Even if your opponent would be able to create Oak 1000 times in a row, it's still not bugged.
I'm recently getting only bronze cards when playing Bribby Boy but that shouldn't make me worry.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

Even if your opponent would be able to create Oak 1000 times in a row, it's still not bugged.
I'm recently getting only bronze cards when playing Bribby Boy but that shouldn't make me think that it's patched.

I guess broken is the correct term or OP. Pick one I guess. If Bribery consistently gave you bad cards it wouldn't still be in your deck. It's still played as widely as it is because players get a favorable outcome 1, 2 or 3 times.

If Bribery consistently gave you bad cards it wouldn't still be in your deck.
Ofc there is no consistency in putting a card into my deck that is creating either good or bad randomly. Keeping that in mind, I don't have a problem when he's giving me bad cards, and again, even if it was 1000 times in a row. The question is: how much randomness do I want to have in my deck ?

Last edited:
If you play me, you will get junk with bribery; I only have junk. Don’t take that as proof the card works correctly or incorrectly.

More than bugged, seems unbalanced because seems most of the time they can get the best cards. It'd be ok it there was a 50% to get enemy's 4 provision cards or 12 provision cards. But not sure this is the case.

Guest 4375874

More than bugged, seems unbalanced because seems most of the time they can get the best cards. It'd be ok it there was a 50% to get enemy's 4 provision cards or 12 provision cards. But not sure this is the case.
Or at the least remove the first card from the pool so they can't draw the same card two or 3 times.

The chance of drawing "the best card" depends on the amount of special cards and artefacts. You can simply reduce the chance by adding more bronze units to your deck. If it contains just 13 units, I believe that the chance is 25,1 % = ( 1/13 + 1/12 + 1/11 )

BriberyOP.jpg

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

The chance of drawing "the best card" depends on the amount of special cards and artefacts. You can simply reduce the chance by adding more bronze units to your deck. If it contains just 13 units, I believe that the chance is 25,1 % = ( 1/13 + 1/12 + 1/11 )

View attachment 11045168
lol and if you get matched up with a MO player? or SK how well will mostly bronze units hold up. The best bronze units are probably in NG and SK

lol and if you get matched up with a MO player?
I don’t quite understand. You say bronze MO cards are weak?

The additional bronze units don't need to hold up, they just need to replace unnessesary special cards. When playing a 20-units deck (instead of 13), the chance of Bribery creating the best unit card of your deck, is reduced by 37%
(( 1/13 + 1/12 + 1/11 ) ÷ (1/20 + 1/19 + 1/18)) x 100 = 62,98
63 - 100 = -37%

Last edited:
Top Bottom