Bright lines around sights of guns

+
Does anyone have an idea how this can be fixed? This is still present in Patch 1.2 and very distracting. I'm playing with a nVidia RTX3000 series card.

Nope, it's been submitted by many people but CDPR still hasn't fixed it. I'm now getting replies from bug submissions I submitted on the day of release in which CDPR asks "Is this still happening?"

I had to stop myself from answering 'How about you boot up the game and check for yourself after friggin' 6 months!'

This game has really wiped CDPR off the map. What a disaster.

Happens on Xbox Series X too, i noticed it today for the first time, so i don't think it's related to pc specs.

1.22 just came out, nothing about this in the note, i still have to download it, but i think it's still not fixed

Like many others it strikes me as a design feature, not a bug. Even if it is a bug I think it looks really cool -- if you light into glass you will see bright lines and the dots of the diodes or bulbs at the edges and I really like the idea that you're seeing the display technology of the sight, or print-style calibration markers, appearing round the edge.

Like many others it strikes me as a design feature, not a bug. Even if it is a bug I think it looks really cool -- if you light into glass you will see bright lines and the dots of the diodes or bulbs at the edges and I really like the idea that you're seeing the display technology of the sight, or print-style calibration markers, appearing round the edge.

It really isnt, it's floating around non glass hologram, this is clearly an object editior asset they didn't fix

Chooms, this potentially been fixed!
If you install the new DLSS release, info here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/dlss-2-2-11-works-miracles.11091136/
It may just get rid of 80-90% of these ugly lines on gun sights. It worked for me, check it out:
DLSS Balanced, RTX Psycho/Ultra settings:

20210721140040_1.jpg
20210721140115_1.jpg

It is not perfect, when looking around there are certain sights that do still have a small amount of ugly line effects, but it's dramatically improved for me. In general, this DLSS release seems to increase visual quality in the game across the board, so give it a whorl, choom.

Chooms, this potentially been fixed!
If you install the new DLSS release, info here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/dlss-2-2-11-works-miracles.11091136/
It may just get rid of 80-90% of these ugly lines on gun sights. It worked for me, check it out:
DLSS Balanced, RTX Psycho/Ultra settings:

View attachment 11238328View attachment 11238331

It is not perfect, when looking around there are certain sights that do still have a small amount of ugly line effects, but it's dramatically improved for me. In general, this DLSS release seems to increase visual quality in the game across the board, so give it a whorl, choom.
You had those lines on the first scope ? (OS-1 GimletEye)
(I have always this one on all my weapons, and I have never seen those weird lines)

For me, those lines only appear on SO-21 Saika, Add-Vantage (the second) and the Omaha (As Lizzie) without scope :(

still have this graphic artifact on weapon sights, hah it's funny some people thinking that a feature(LOL, NO)

CDPR, please fix it.

Last edited:
Hello guys, i found this bug yesterday on my 2nd game. I didn't realize it in my first game.

Patch 1.31 is up and still nothing about it ? How is it even possible... i'm so sad about it, and i stopped played for the moment.

Is there a mod somewhere to fix that ? This is so annoying

CDPR has not been able to fix this for more than a year? Please fix it. It is embarrassing.
Post automatically merged:

Hello guys, i found this bug yesterday on my 2nd game. I didn't realize it in my first game.

Patch 1.31 is up and still nothing about it ? How is it even possible... i'm so sad about it, and i stopped played for the moment.

Is there a mod somewhere to fix that ? This is so annoying
Can I ask you if you manage to fix it somehow? I have this glitch and it is terrible.

Don't think it's gun specific. Looks like engine thing and happens with many transparent textures:
In the mean while i don't think i had this on very early versions (~1.04), but it's so random that it might've been just lucky during that time.

Don't think it's gun specific. Looks like engine thing and happens with many transparent textures:
In the mean while i don't think i had this on very early versions (~1.04), but it's so random that it might've been just lucky during that time.
It is specific to some weapons (with holographic sights) and scopes (holographics), since day one ;)
For example,
Scopes : Add-Vantage, SO-21 Saika
Weapon : M-76e Omaha
They have some sort of "lines", which in my opinion, seem to be intended (at the release at least).

Probably has something to do with the combination of weapon/sight, and the Kiroshis. Vic said we'd see a new sight when he puts them in.

I use an overture, and I hate all scopes.

Not because of this, just because.

Probably why I don't have much to say about them, save for the game plays well without scopes on handguns. The game already offers default crosshairs.

Top Bottom