Bright lines around sights of guns

+
Just pilling on the issue - to see if it gets some more views.
Also, still, having the problem after patch 1.1

the same on 1.11.
I sent a report to support and suggest all to do that to increase chances for fixing

the same on 1.11.
I sent a report to support and suggest all to do that to increase chances for fixing
Yeah, thanks. Just did!
For anyone else looking at the thread, please submit your report here (submit gameplay/visual issue):

Yeah I submitted it again. I hope they fix it for the next patch, this bug just plain sucks cause it's in your face the entire time with a gun.

Every holographic sight for me, and even some rifles. Check my sniper rifle screenshot (white line at the center of the screen). Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Sometimes very obvious, sometimes ever so slightly. Someone mentioned being within the distance of ad boards, which could be it. I'll have to test it.

Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 1_17_2021 6_35_40 AM.png
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 1_23_2021 9_06_12 AM.png
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 1_15_2021 4_37_30 AM.png
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 1_16_2021 5_58_36 AM.png
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 1_15_2021 2_42_00 AM.png
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 1_23_2021 9_06_21 AM.png
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 1_25_2021 6_10_12 AM.png

That's AA you're seeing. The stepping on a plane which has an alpha mask applied to it.
The texture of the holosite is visible but the sides of the plane are also visible. Think of it as
thin piece of paper where the graphics are drawn on it yet the background is 100% transparent.

1612230072646.png

That's AA you're seeing. The stepping on a plane which has an alpha mask applied to it.
The texture of the holosite is visible but the sides of the plane are also visible. Think of it as
thin piece of paper where the graphics are drawn on it yet the background is 100% transparent.

View attachment 11164307

I mean, yes, I can see the lines. That's what the entire thread is referencing. So, solution for getting rid of it? Or are we still reporting it as a bug? Unless you're indicating that my issue is different from everyone else's, but it appears to be the same to me.

I submitted a report as well, but if there's a workaround, I'd love to know.

Turning AA off doesn't do anything.

I can confirm earlier posts about it being related to ad boards. The glowing lines definitely match that of near by ads, which also explains why sometimes it's there, and sometimes it's not. Just depends on whether or not you're near any.

Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 2_2_2021 10_46_11 PM.png
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 2_2_2021 10_45_35 PM.png
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 2_2_2021 10_55_44 PM.png

Last edited:
Can't believe they just let this in the game. They tested it, saw it, knew it, and just left it in. wtf. I've asked for a mod on the nexus to remove scopes. Ive looked in the files if we could make scopes invisible, but still get the merits from it, except.. you know.. scoping..

I actually thought it was the edges of the sight attached to the weapon when I first noticed it and thought it was an interesting detail so it does not bother me.

I actually thought it was the edges of the sight attached to the weapon when I first noticed it and thought it was an interesting detail so it does not bother me.
Your correct it's supposed to be like that so I don't know what everyone else is going on about.

That's the outline of the hologram, if it wasn't there you would have no hologram... hense no holographic sights. This is one of the many cool features this game has to offer. I can't believe people don't want this. Did you all forget that this is 2077 and holograms are everywhere, even in V's apartment. The damn TV is even holographic. It's supposed to be like this people.

happens on all graphics settings, currently using RTX Ultra on a 2080 Ti

This is absolutely so distracting. It's on so many guns, and I don't understand whats happening.
I dont even think its a bug, but rather the result of a glasslike object that receives lighting interactions, the 'stripes of light' are then in fact the material thickness of the glasslike plate on which the illuminated sight is projected on.

No, it's a bug. The sights are suppose to be a hologram, being projected up. We're seeing the shader effect making the mask and 3d geometry it's placed on visible. The edges aren't being correctly culled out.

No, it's a bug. The sights are suppose to be a hologram, being projected up. We're seeing the shader effect making the mask and 3d geometry it's placed on visible. The edges aren't being correctly culled out.
This image as posted by @Fanible101 (among others) is primarily the sight I see it very evident with and this holosight seems to use a glasslike plate to project onto, if I recall the menu icon also shows something like this.
Its always how I interpreted this holographic sight type to work (and some others could also)
So I'm still not convinced its a bug.
1613335043097.png

This image as posted by @Fanible101 (among others) is primarily the sight I see it very evident with and this holosight seems to use a glasslike plate to project onto, if I recall the menu icon also shows something like this.
Its always how I interpreted this holographic sight type to work (and some others could also)
So I'm still not convinced its a bug.

Yes, we see the edges because actually, that is a glass-like texture.

BUT, holoscope should not be a glass-like texture! And that is the bug!

Just look at the in-build holoscope on burya revolver, that how should look all holoscopes.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I just tried some settings and I was able to eliminate the aliasing around holograms!
It can be solved by adjusting settings in the GPU control panel.

Open Nvidia Control Panel and apply these settings:
(make sure Cyberpunk2077.exe is closed and hit the apply button for every single setting)

1) Use the advanced 3D image settings
Screenshot 2021-02-16 054702.png

2) Enable Anisotropic Filtering (AF_16)
The in-game setting for Anisotropic Filtering doesn't seem to have the same effect.
Screenshot 2021-02-16 054906.png

3) Texture filtering - negative LOD bias: Clamp
EDIT: This particular setting might not be necessary, at least it doesn't seem to reduce the artifacts on gunsights.

Here's a comparison:

in_game settings: AF_16
(1440p ; DLSS_Quality)
Screenshot 2021-02-16 063308.png

__/// VS \\\__

GPU control panel: AF_16
(1440p ; DLSS_Quality)
Screenshot 2021-02-16 063206.png

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.02.16 - 17.19.40.04.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.02.16 - 17.19.40.04.png
    650.9 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
I just tried some settings and I was able to eliminate the aliasing around holograms!
It can be solved by adjusting settings in the GPU control panel.

Open Nvidia Control Panel and apply these settings:
(make sure Cyberpunk2077.exe is closed and hit the apply button for every single setting)

1) Use the advanced 3D image settings
View attachment 11177531

2) Enable Anisotropic Filtering (AF_16)
The in-game setting for Anisotropic Filtering doesn't seem to have the same effect.
View attachment 11177534

3) Texture filtering - negative LOD bias: Clamp
EDIT: This particular setting might not be necessary, at least it doesn't seem to reduce the artifacts on gunsights.

Here's a comparison:

in_game settings: AF_16
(1440p ; DLSS_Quality)
View attachment 11177549

__/// VS \\\__

GPU control panel: AF_16
(1440p ; DLSS_Quality)
View attachment 11177555

Did exactly this, hardly a difference unfortunately

Top Bottom