Bright lines around sights of guns

+
Same, latest version - 1.31. Steam, pc.
20220118210500_1.jpg

Do you have a sight mod on the gun? Take it off and see if they're still there. I'd wager it's a holo-sight, or you're using a smart pistol. Smartguns have an aiming zone display.

Do you have a sight mod on the gun? Take it off and see if they're still there. I'd wager it's a holo-sight, or you're using a smart pistol. Smartguns have an aiming zone display.
Yes, I had a sight mod on. But that would be the round circle with the red laser dot in the middle. The square lines aren't always there and they flicker sometimes. It's visually very annoying

Yes, I had a sight mod on. But that would be the round circle with the red laser dot in the middle. The square lines aren't always there and they flicker sometimes. It's visually very annoying
All the "holographic" sights/scopes have these "lines" (on all platforms, consoles/PCs) ;)
It is specific to some weapons (with holographic sights) and scopes (holographics), since day one ;)
For example,
Scopes : Add-Vantage, SO-21 Saika
Weapon : M-76e Omaha
They have some sort of "lines", which in my opinion, seem to be intended (at the release at least).

I highly doubt it's intended because it doesn't enhance the scope and it's visually incosistent... I hope this is a bug because otherwise it would just be a bad design decision :(

I highly doubt it's intended because it doesn't enhance the scope and it's visually incosistent... I hope this is a bug because otherwise it would just be a bad design decision
It's why I said "at release".
Because yes, it's annoying and the main reason why I never use these holographic scopes/sights :(
But it's like that since day one, so it's a guess (if it was a "visual bug", it should be fixed since a while in 1.2 or 1.3...)

Hello guys ! Nothing about this "bug" in the patch, so i guess this didn't have been fixed.

Can someone test it, i uninstalled the game because of this "visual effect"

if not fixed, can we consider this as a real feature ?

After completing the game, swapping sights many times, customize my weapons, etc i think the visual effect is intended most of the time.

Hello guys ! Nothing about this "bug" in the patch, so i guess this didn't have been fixed.

Can someone test it, i uninstalled the game because of this "visual effect"

if not fixed, can we consider this as a real feature ?
Only able to try one, but it seem to be fixed ;)
The one that I try was "bugged" for sure.
Post automatically merged:

If this one is fixed, I suppose the other ones too :)
16-02-2022_18-43-03-2xtffsrc.png

Last edited:
Yup, Textures seem to be immensely better with 1.5. So far have not noticed any bleeding pixels, advertisements in place of distant road signs, or other mis-matches.
And yes, that multilayered scope looks like intended effect. It resembles the multi layered optics of holographic sight and edge design is definite and consistent with center. Problematic lines are often just 1px wide and will have random fragments of other textures or artifacts that don't match sight style.

Last edited:
Only able to try one, but it seem to be fixed ;)
The one that I try was "bugged" for sure.
Post automatically merged:

If this one is fixed, I suppose the other ones too :)
View attachment 11282011
Ok, that is the scope i had problem with ! ATM downloading the game so i will test it by myself. Have u try to roam around ? If I remember correctly the bug only appeared in certain areas. Anyways, i will test it by myself sooner or later.

Thanks you for answering guys

Ok, that is the scope i had problem with ! ATM downloading the game so i will test it by myself. Have u try to roam around ? If I remember correctly the bug only appeared in certain areas. Anyways, i will test it by myself sooner or later.

Thanks you for answering guys
I try also outdoor, no problem with this one for me. But for others (or the Lizzie - Omaha gun), for now, I have not that many choice so I can't say (I just looted this one by luck just before^^) :)

what about glitches in dead bodies, especially where they are missing chunks?
I didn't paid attention for now, but you mean those without head, arms or legs who partially appear as "hologram" ?
(the white mask of the "big" Arasaka dudes always glitch like that if they does no longer have a head, if I remember^^)

Top Bottom