Bring back 80's hairstyles!

+
Bring back 80's hairstyles!

Well, since CDPR is trying to be faithful to material, I hope they remember the most important thing here: The Hair.

For Men:

View attachment 68871

For Ladies:

View attachment 68861

Man, it must have been hell for bald men back then. :p

Attachments

• 04af20441a7d9dd17d77fb7cc204c9e5.jpg
    04af20441a7d9dd17d77fb7cc204c9e5.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 628
  • 80s-celebrity-bad-hair-jbj_2016-02-08_19-55-31-589x391.jpg
    80s-celebrity-bad-hair-jbj_2016-02-08_19-55-31-589x391.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
I think CyberPunk always being associated with the 1980s is played out and unrealistic. 1980s music, hair, slang...it's a bit ridiculous.

Here's some things to keep in mind.

1. The time difference between the 1980s and 2077 is nearly 100 years. For the same reason that we don't mimick 1910s hair-styles, music, and slang at the moment, I don't think they will in the future, either.

2. It's a huge cliche.

1. The time difference between the 1980s and 2077 is nearly 100 years. For the same reason that we don't mimick 1910s hair-styles, music, and slang at the moment, I don't think they will in the future, either.

2. It's a huge cliche.

Fashion comes in and out of style, while there won't be a second 80's I'd have to assume that at some point some evolution of the 80's style would return.

There's a difference between 80's influence and 80's-derivative, there can be hints and throughbacks, I mean look at the trailer itself, direct references to the original PnP game with all it's 80'sness in tact.

It doesn't have to be done ham-handedly like they did with Kung Fury (Really not a fan of that movie) - But a remixed, modernised 80's look would be pretty cool.

Fashion comes in and out of style, while there won't be a second 80's I'd have to assume that at some point some evolution of the 80's style would return.

There's a difference between 80's influence and 80's-derivative, there can be hints and throughbacks, I mean look at the trailer itself, direct references to the original PnP game with all it's 80'sness in tact.

It doesn't have to be done ham-handedly like they did with Kung Fury (Really not a fan of that movie) - But a remixed, modernised 80's look would be pretty cool.

Yeah and Im pretty sure nomads would favor the redneck look, mullets and shoulderpads in particular.

Well there has been a revival of 50's and 60's fashion so it wouldn't take much for a return of 80's style looks.

Yeah and Im pretty sure nomads would favor the redneck look, mullets and shoulderpads in particular.

Yesss. I want to be a Road Warrior. But I want an Akira motorcycle!

Well there has been a revival of 50's and 60's fashion so it wouldn't take much for a return of 80's style looks

Exactly, it doesn't have to be 1-to-1 80's looks but 80's influenced aesthetics would be nice.

Yep, that blonde chick in the window confirms it. :p
I wouldn't want them to go all the way for it, but this mix of retro and futuristic could do a lot in giving this series it's own "character' ( like with first Mass Effect).

Yep, that blonde chick in the window confirms it. :p
I wouldn't want them to go all the way for it, but this mix of retro and futuristic could do a lot in giving this series it's own "character' ( like with first Mass Effect).

Yeah. I remember an interview with the guy who did the teaser saying he was told to do something "90s" and that is what gave it its stark design. And that thanks to the teaser's success, its look might be incorporated into the final product.

That and the 2020/77 timeline is not our own, so trends could go difffrently. I mean, they had full immersion VR and full conversion cybernetics by the 2020s, while our timeline has only begun to explore such venues around that time.

So we might get ridicoulous future hairstyles and fashion, even if their not necessarily 80s looking.

Last edited:
YES.

Chelsea cuts, rough bobs and a Bomber jacket with a pair of high boots... My favourite.

British Skinhead/Redskin fashion is my favourite crossed with Cyberpunk and prosthesis it'd be amazing.
Oi oi!

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch, if they borrow from CP2020. Within 2020 canon, there's a neo-Skin gang (well... Boneheads, anyways, not Trad Skins) called the Red Chrome Legion.

I don't see why Chelseas, bombers, and 14-hole boots can't make it into the game.

A rough early 90's to late 80's perception of what the future would be like would be most welcome. Guys with long hair, motorcycle jackets and cybernetic limbs with neon electric guitars on their back (like ya know, a Cyber Punk).

I'm not going to be particularly happy if CDPR modernises the themes by giving everybody short cropped haircuts with shaved sides and putting memes everywhere.

Yes, there's always multiple lines of reasoning that could allow the game to have heavy 1980s elements, but that wasn't entirely my point. It was mostly that the 1980s era is too closely related to the CyperPunk genre. It's become something of a cliche. I think C.D.P.R. would be doing themselves a favor if they distanced themselves from that period in time (Not entirely, it should definitely be constrained.).

One of the coolest things about the CyberPunk genre, for me, is what humanity would be like on social and day-to-day levels, in the somewhat-distant future. Piecemealing an entire society using past eras is a cop-out.

Well there has been a revival of 50's and 60's fashion so it wouldn't take much for a return of 80's style looks.

For women, and only to a very limited extent. I only see one in every few hundred women wearing clothes from the era. As for slang and hair-cuts from that era, I have seen nothing.

A rough early 90's to late 80's perception of what the future would be like would be most welcome. Guys with long hair, motorcycle jackets and cybernetic limbs with neon electric guitars on their back (like ya know, a Cyber Punk).

I'm not going to be particularly happy if CDPR modernises the themes by giving everybody short cropped haircuts with shaved sides and putting memes everywhere.

You don't have to necessarily go from one extreme to the other. Just because it isn't based in the past doesn't mean it should be based in the present. In my opinion, it should be based in the most apt era: the future. As I said above, relying on previous eras is a cheap cop-out, and one of the biggest cliches of the genre.

Top Bottom