Bring Back Ointment's Second Ability

+
Bring Back Ointment's Second Ability

When Ointment came out back in December it had two abilities. The current one and "Heal an ally and boost 5 random allies by 1." Something like that.

The incoming change to Slave Drivers means that Oinment will not be able to resurrect Slave Drivers anymore. Which really sucks and nobody has mentioned this.

I think bringing back the second ability of Oinment would have great synergy with the new ability of Slave Drivers.

Yeah, I agree that ointment needs it's second ability back. But we also have to consider that slave driver is a trash tier card now and alchemy will most likely run something else, probably slave infantry which might make it brick less

Actually, there is a concern with the new Slave Drivers ability not to do that... but the card does need a secondary ability. I mean - look at the Bone Talisman. Why it does have a secondary ability, but Oitment does not,, while they are pretty much the same card otherwise? This is stupid.

i dont like resurection in NG , give it another ability but restrict resurection to lower value units than5

With the Slave driver change in mind I also think returning to the healing ability with Ointment makes sense.
The only viable targets for Ointment in a Alchemy deck without it are Slave Infantry, Vicovaro Novice and Viper Witcher.

1990BW;n10954910 said:
With the Slave driver change in mind I also think returning to the healing ability with Ointment makes sense.
The only viable targets for Ointment in a Alchemy deck without it are Slave Infantry, Vicovaro Novice and Viper Witcher.

While I agree, these are hardly the "only targets". An alchemy deck with the units you mentioned will have more than 6 and up to 9 available targets, which is as many as there are now.

ser2440;n10954934 said:
While I agree, these are hardly the "only targets". An alchemy deck with the units you mentioned will have more than 6 and up to 9 available targets, which is as many as there are now.

Thats why I mentioned viable and alchemy in one sentence.
I know there are more options but they are not good.
Slave driver was primarily used to line-up mahakam ale.
Infantry can take that part but it's just 9 value so tempo can/will become a problem.

While the main problem of the deck remains untouched: consistency.
Mulligan can screw your game if you end up with to many bronze alchemy cards.
Dead ointments are the biggest problem to stay in a long round.
So to keep this deck in the meta I believe Ointment must change or be reverted to the old ability.

Pruny;n10953689 said:
i dont like resurection in NG , give it another ability but restrict resurection to lower value units than5

I mean, if you restrict it even more what are you going to revive? Just Slave Infantry?

1990BW;n10955015 said:
Thats why I mentioned viable and alchemy in one sentence.
I know there are more options but they are not good.
Slave driver was primarily used to line-up mahakam ale.
Infantry can take that part but it's just 9 value so tempo can/will become a problem.

While the main problem of the deck remains untouched: consistency.
Mulligan can screw your game if you end up with to many bronze alchemy cards.
Dead ointments are the biggest problem to stay in a long round.
So to keep this deck in the meta I believe Ointment must change or be reverted to the old ability.

Tell me about it. 3 consecutive matches, I had nothing to play. No slave infantry, only bronze alchemy cards both in my hand and calveit's options.

But really, Alchemy's real hit was not the slave drivers I reckon, but the runestone/Black Blood rework. It was a good thing, but Alchemy will now need different options, and I don't know what might be viable. Dragon's Dream possibly because if you play with both spies, you can rowstack those. Other than that, maybe Expired Ale

I disagree with the suggestion. Resurrection is a powerful tool, especially if you can resurrect critical units like Viper Witchers. I think it's only fair if resurrect cards are bricks on the start.
As for the comparison with Bone Talisman: I agree, but I'd much rather see the secondary ability removed from there, than re-added to Ointment.

Top Bottom