Bring back old Journeys

+
Hi All,

I really hope a Dev reads this.

I'm sure like myself, many players returning to Gwent or picking up the game feel gutted to have missed out on old journeys.

I understand there might be a plan to bring back cosmetics at some stage but I would like to do the entire journey again.

I'm not sure how feasible or possible it is to bring back old journeys but my idea / suggestion is the below.

Let players choose which journey they would like to purchase at the start of a new journey.

For example, when Triss's journey ends, and the new journey begins. Let a player choose one of the old journey's or continue with the new journey. So if someone is not interested in a character they choose a different character for that journey season.

I think everyone wins here, players can access content from old journeys and CDPR earn additional revenue from players purchasing additional journeys. I'm honestly fine if older journeys being premium only if there's an additional cost from CDPR's side to bring back old journeys.

Thank you for reading!

I totally agree.

Personally I had to stop playing this glorious game due to my finals and unfortunately i missed out on Yennefer's journey - my favourite character. I was wondering if there will ever be an opportunity for me to get her skin but for now it does not seem like it.

I think it would be cool to create journeys in such a way where for the basic free journey we could use previous journey characters and new ones for premium. This would allow people to choose between two options - new skin or old one that they had missed. Nobody would be hurt this way since there will be new journey for people that own every single one or want this particular one, old journey for people that want to get these items and it could be nice way to reuse some characters again in different journeys. (Old character would be used as free journey but to get the skins we would have to pay and then choose which character's journey we want to take part in, quests could be the same and story could also stay the way it is but for the curious one we could have additional page with old journey story but this one would already be completed or still being revealed week by week to keep the mystery for new people)

I hope that we can get to earn old journey items in some way whether it would be an event or as I described above - choice with every new journey (For this to work we would still need to pay for this wonderful occasion since we get new skins and items).

Love the game and how it develops, and I hope for opportunity to unlock Yen :D

That's actually a very good idea. I started playing Gwent around the time when the first journey came out. I was still learning the mechanics of the game and didn't know there was a contract list related to that journey. Only after it ended, I realised that I had 3 unlocked contracts (Completionist, Perfect Companion, Unlikely Friendship). All contracts could have been easily done but I didn't bother with unlocking weekly quests since I had already advanced to level 100 and there was no apparent incentive to do so (in the later journeys you can progress beyond level 100). I really wouldn't mind if they allowed this sort of thing. As you said, everyone wins - new players can experience old journeys and expand their card collection faster (more reward points, kegs, faster levelling etc.), CDPR makes money, others can catch up with journeys/contracts they have missed. I don't know if that would be an easy thing to do but it is certainly a great idea.

Yeah, also I do not know whether you remember 2nd journey about ciri, this one got extended all the way up to 175th lvl which was hell of a grind and a bunch of people (myself included) missed out on later rewards since you basically had to do twice "normal" 100 lv journey in the same time, that event kinda did put me off from this game but i recovered :D As to the difficulty with adding old journeys I have heard opinions about making them into like static DLCs that you can buy and perhaps they would give you a new reward page like the ones we have with each factions and expansions in order to get new items. I guess that double journeys would be much harder to pull off but no doubt there would be a great group of people that would appreciate this. On the top of everything this could lower the dissatisfaction that players may get during journeys if they end up losing access to some content because they haven't heard about the game early enough or life did not allow them to do so.

Couldn't agree more; I've at least purchased each of the base Journey models, but wasn't able to finish a couple of them 100%, and those missing cosmetics are just taunting me in the leader selection screen and contracts. I'd even take a cosmetic bundle in the store to finish out to level 100 (which would then unlock all but 1 of the missed contracts to earn the remaining cosmetics).

I figure they'll have to do something at some point, otherwise all of these major characters are going to be impossible to unlock for newer players (especially Geralt himself).

Hi there,
i wanted to share an idea for the GWENT Journey. As i am sure many others missed or didn't fully complete their journey of characters they like more then the current one, which I would suggest that the first time you log in after a Journey finished everyone should be able zo choose which Journey they want to cmplete. It ensures that those who already have completed all previous Journeys have something to look forward to and at the same time gives new/returning players a chance to get cosmetics for their favourite characters.
Have a nice Day
Paul

I agree, but would be more interested in completing the contracts. If they aren't going to make the Journeys available again, why keep the contracts in place.

Please Please Please can this be a thing. I'm a new player and I really feel like I've missed out on some great journeys so far...

I'm not so sure re-running a journey that's already done would be a financially sound move for Gwent/CDPR.
However, having a spare month set aside during the year that allows us to choose which Journey to return to and earn progression on would give them the chance to have some extra development time and allow us to get some catch-up on the previous Journey of our choice.
A set of generic quests could be used, perhaps...

I would think bringing back old Journeys wouldn't be that fiscally detrimental. The Journeys are already created. Contracts still need to be filled, and you have the whole influx of new players that would probably invest in it as well.

Top Bottom