Bringing Geralt into the world of Oblivion

+
Bringing Geralt into the world of Oblivion

I just recently finished my first run through the Witcher and though I intend to make two more runs through it, I decided to play the one game I haven't played yet, Oblivion. I originally bought this game for my pc but my slow processor, (Athlon 3400+) bottlenecks my otherwise decent rig (Geforce 7950 512 MB, 2 Gig DDR Ram, SB X-Fi soundcard). As a result I get poor performance with Oblivion, I have to turn off most eye candy to get decent frame rates. Even then I suffer from freeze ups and crashes. So I bought the game for my 360 and the performance is much much better than my pc. I want to recreate Geralt as best as possible. What race and skills do you recommend to use for Geralt?

Off the top of my head, I used to playa "half devil" custom class mod character, you could probably find the mod in the Oblivion mod sites, which had long hair and appearance that could be a close start for Geralt's looks, and had a decent mix of magical and combat (the character I had actually now that I think about it had a lot of Geralt flavor to him, but with black hair). It's been a while, so thats about as much help as I can offer on that, if I can find the specific mod I'll provide the link....

captmorgan72 said:
Thanks but I play Oblivion on the 360 not the pc. I was wondering what race would best represent Geralt.
Must be Human ;) specialized in swords.Important atributes: speed, stamina

captmorgan72 said:
I just recently finished my first run through the Witcher and though I intend to make two more runs through it, I decided to play the one game I haven't played yet, Oblivion. I originally bought this game for my pc but my slow processor, (Athlon 3400+) bottlenecks my otherwise decent rig (Geforce 7950 512 MB, 2 Gig DDR Ram, SB X-Fi soundcard). As a result I get poor performance with Oblivion, I have to turn off most eye candy to get decent frame rates. Even then I suffer from freeze ups and crashes. So I bought the game for my 360 and the performance is much much better than my pc. I want to recreate Geralt as best as possible. What race and skills do you recommend to use for Geralt?
If you still have Oblivion for the PC, there is no reason why your PC shouldn't run it. My system was worse spec than yours - Oblivion flew like a rocket on my Athlon 3200.yes yes I know you play it on the 360.. But You just need to know how to tweek the game on the PC to play it better ;) (straingly enough we were talking about this on my other website yesterday). There is a broader range of options on the PC that will alow you to actually play "Geralt". If you like I can work on a MOD.Best Performance Improvement MODs/Tips for the PC (I think anyway)Oblivion - Make It PrettyTweakguide - Oblivion

bchrubas said:
bchrubas said:
Thanks but I play Oblivion on the 360 not the pc. I was wondering what race would best represent Geralt.
Must be Human ;) specialized in swords.Important atributes: speed, stamina
Agreed. Probably imperial..Also, logical skills would be Alchemy, Light Armor, Athletics, Acrobatics, Mysticism and Illusion. Possibly swap Mysticism for Destruction, depending on tastes.

LordLethris said:
LordLethris said:
I want to recreate Geralt as best as possible. What race and skills do you recommend to use for Geralt?
There is a broader range of options on the PC that will alow you to actually play "Geralt". If you like I can work on a MOD.Best Performance Improvement MODs/Tips for the PC (I think anyway)Oblivion - Make It PrettyTweakguide - Oblivion
Um, a good Oblivion mod with a good looking Geralt.... would encourage me to break out Oblivion again. ;DAs to Lord Lethri's question as to why Geralt in Oblivion, .... I always enjoyed just putzing around, doing the sidequests, enjoying the scenery and the towns... I could see playing Geralt there.....

Starwolf said:
Um, a good Oblivion mod with a good looking Geralt.... would encourage me to break out Oblivion again. ;DAs to Lord Lethri's question as to why Geralt in Oblivion, .... I always enjoyed just putzing around, doing the sidequests, enjoying the scenery and the towns... I could see playing Geralt there.....
Nay, 'tis not my question. But 'tis a good answer never the less... AVAST!I'll work on a mod then, once I fix together my new AMD quad Black edition. MMmmm vista score [5.9].

I will be watching for that mod. ;DI can see an entire new section of the boards: Oblivion/Witcher fusion.....

A witcher class might just work. Blade, medium armor, alchemy,illusion, destruction perhaps. Yes the bad-ass slayer aspect of the character could remain intact, but his sexual drive would be greatly deminished. :'(Over all might make me play Oblivion again to check it out.

I really enjoyed oblivion, its clearly not close to the quality and depth of the witcher, but overall its a good game, and took quite a bit of my gameplay life. I didn't enjoy it thorouglly though until it was heavily moded. I would definitely say if you made a Geralt mod, I would jump back into, that is, once I have my fifth Witcher replay finished.

(For the OP and any other owners of the very top ranks of nVIDIA's GPUs.) Complain to nVIDIA about your bad drivers. Less expensive cards from nVIDIA play the TES: IV game better in many cases than the high dollar ones. Admittedly, there was a heavy bias from the start favoring Radeon VPU architectures, such that at most price points the ATI cards have about a 20 % performance advantage (Bethesda parallel- tracked with their XBox360 version, using Microsoft's development tools). nVIDIA's management has a long-standing bad attitude toward Microsoft and the Xboxes, dating from the contract they had to supply the video chips for the original Xbox. Their debacle with the terrible FX video cards was because they wanted to create an end-around past Direct3D, and ended up with an entire card generation unable to run the current year's Dx drivers correctly (failed SM-2). nVIDIA continues to pursue a non-cooperation policy of a similar nature with regard to Bethesda and the Oblivion game. The top ranks of AMD's Radeons don't have merely a 20 % advantage over the fastest Geforces -- it's more like 40 %. I ran that game at reasonably high settings, and excellent frame rates, with an XP (M) 2600 processor and an X800 XT-PE video card (my display tops out at 1280 by 1024). It's got to be the drivers holding the 7950 performance down.

nVidia cards are a con and I prey for the day gamers understand that they havent really changed there code since they "brought out" 3dFX, and are starting to just fluke there drivers because there cards are STILL OpenGL backboned, because all they care about is how much money they can con out of people.Have a look at there own Driver Notes for there latest cards... there struggling my friends!, there struggling because more and more games are supporting DirectX and there crappy little GForce cards are STILL running hardware OpenGL and Software DX... YES even the 8800's who clame to support DX10 - thats right they "Support" DX10 at a "Software" level, overlayed on a OpenGL hardware layer!!WAKE UP!

LordLethris said:
nVidia cards are a con and I prey for the day gamers understand that they havent really changed there code since they "brought out" 3dFX, and are starting to just fluke there drivers because there cards are STILL OpenGL backboned, because all they care about is how much money they can con out of people.Have a look at there own Driver Notes for there latest cards... there struggling my friends!, there struggling because more and more games are supporting DirectX and there crappy little GForce cards are STILL running hardware OpenGL and Software DX... YES even the 8800's who clame to support DX10 - thats right they "Support" DX10 at a "Software" level, overlayed on a OpenGL hardware layer!!WAKE UP!
What are you trying to say here? nVidia drives are the best on the market!Name other that are better than nVidia in this case!

Top Bottom