Broken game

+
Broken game

Hi gang,

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am not able to beat anything with predefined decks...I tried practive single player but my oponents decks are 5 times better.

e.g. playing against scoiatel...allways the fisrt move of my oponent is a boost of all dwarfs...no removal is strong enough to remove them so they remain all game on board...and so and so

I played W3 and had no issue with gwent there but this version is....well frustrating.....Is it a bug or a feature?

Can anyone advise what to do here?

Thanks.

Well Witcher 3 version had several imbalances and it was not much strategic while here you are encouraged to use more complex tactics.

By "predefined" decks do you refer to decks you find in gwentdb or the starter decks provided by the game? It would be more helpful if you could share your deck. But my suggestion is that after you get the hang of game mechanics try out your own deck combinations and perhaps search gwentdb for some ideas on deck composition.

Yeah I meant starter decks.

Well I would like to, but have no cards :) only from that free keg...but there was a rubish....

Maybe a feedback,....starter decks should be good enough to win over single player decks...

This is a really bad deal, honestly. I almost hate to tell anyone to lose on purpose, but if I were you and you are really struggling, this is what I would recommend.

Sell out to win one round. Whatever you have to do to get one. Even if you have to lose six matches in a row in casual matches, get your one keg a day. And then go from there. The cards will come, and XP will come, even with losses. Then you can start to mold your decks with what you think works best for you.

Well, at first you could try by raising your level which will provide ores, cards, scraps and kegs. Also winning 6 rounds (not matches just rounds) in a day will net you 100 ore which equals to one keg. As you get more resources, you should decide which faction you like and craft cards which can help you with that faction. As time goes by you will be able to afford to craft and get more cards.

The current practice mode is more or less just a placeholder. The purpose of the closed beta is mainly testing the multiplayer aspect of the game. The practice mode AI at this point is incrediby dumb (Brouver Hoog for example likes to horn melee units on the wrong side...) and mostly doing the same, no matter what you do. But I expect that to become much better once the singleplayer campaign is out, where it really matters.

For now the practice mode works okay for experimenting but not much more. You can test how your units do against weather spam and see if you have the tools to fight that. You can also try it to see if there's synergy in your deck or not.

Winning is actually not that difficult because in practice mode the opponent doesn't use scorch or igni, so you'll have a lot more freedom than normally to buff up your own units with potions and stuff. But don't forget to add a few removal cards to your deck (Scorch, Lacerate, Alzurs Thunder, Manticore Venom... whatever you have). Also weather is good against every computer opponent except Monsters. And you can use Adrenaline Rush on the highest unit, so it stays for the next round...

But to be honest that's not really how you should play in real life and playing casual matches is the better approach for beginners. A lot of players are starting themselves, so why not learn together :).

Last edited:
When just starting, be sure to run through ALL of the tutorials. You will get some scrap (although you can't craft until lvl 3) and enough keg/ore for 4 kegs, which should supply you with a few new cards. Make a deck that you have the best cards for in your collection.

As mentioned above - your focus should be on trying to win 1 round - not the match. Try to get your 1 keg a day. You will level up quickly the first few levels.

Keep at it. Good Luck!

Hi all,

thanks for advices....

So I tried to play casual, but never had a luck to find players :(.

Even if the AI is dumb, it's still unbeatable with starter decks.

Or more precisely "For everyone who is not advaced player in GWENT (a.k.a. New player) are single player decks despite of AI stupidity waaay to powerfull. Maybe proficient player knows how to beat then with started decks"

So so far...not good.

But Maybe I will have more luck in the evening.

diablik;n7743900 said:
Are you signed into GOG when you are playing casuals? You can play practice games without GOG, but not casuals.

Also, check this thread. It might help you to get started.

diablik;n7743900 said:
Hi all,

thanks for advices....

Even if the AI is dumb, it's still unbeatable with starter decks.

Or more precisely "For everyone who is not advaced player in GWENT (a.k.a. New player) are single player decks despite of AI stupidity waaay to powerfull. Maybe proficient player knows how to beat then with started decks"

So so far...not good.

But Maybe I will have more luck in the evening.

dont want to sound rude but you are just bad i never played gwent before decided to go casual after only 5 matches vs ai completely f2p with starter decks and went 12-1, to be fair i played hearhtstone and duel of champions before so i had some card game experience but people are misplaying super hard at this level even newbie like me saw that

Last edited:
Sunsibar yeah I am, but every attempt to start casual failed. Never found worth opponent. Possibly a bug...

After playing tutorial I didn't receive any money, just one keg with 5 cards...

I'll try that thread.

Thanks.

Blobz congrats man. You are obviously a wunderkid. I would just be happy to start that casual game.... Maybe will have better luck that vs. Single decks.

Best

Hi all,

so update just to close this thread.

After some two days I was sudenly able to play casual game against other oponents (yay).

SIngle player even on level three is tough....like really tough, multiplayer is not that bad...other players have similary bad decks...

So just a feedback for devs: Make decks for single player a bit weaker, new players are frustrated to play against them with starter deck and since this is (after tutorial) ther first game they play...

But anyway...thanks all for advices...

diablik;n7742890 said:
Yeah I meant starter decks.

Well I would like to, but have no cards :) only from that free keg...but there was a rubish....

You can get any card you want by crafting it.
Even if the cards you get in the kegs suck you can always Mill it (after you are lvl 5) and craft the cards you want.

diablik;n7804980 said:
Hi all,

So just a feedback for devs: Make decks for single player a bit weaker, new players are frustrated to play against them with starter deck and since this is (after tutorial) ther first game they play...

The closed beta is not about the practice mode but about the multiplayer aspects of the game. Of course the practice mode is still work in progress. Most important thing at this point is finding the right balance for the cards and factions... :).

I'm sure the practice mode will experience huge changes when the singleplayer campaigns get released.

Finding a casual game just takes a few seconds for me every time I use it (I've only played a few days too). My experience with practice mode on my first day was the same: it's hard when you only have the starter decks. Playing against other people is really easier when you're starting out.

Sounds like you sorted everything out and are having fun now, though! :)

Just as in the game itself, Nothen Realms in this version of the game is utterly broken and overpowered, everyone and their mother plays Nothen Realms because its so easy to win every single time, you can easily get over 100 every match, its utterly stupid.

Zeromint;n7815140 said:
Just as in the game itself, Nothen Realms in this version of the game is utterly broken and overpowered, everyone and their mother plays Nothen Realms because its so easy to win every single time, you can easily get over 100 every match, its utterly stupid.

That NR radovid control is so strong atm has nothing to do with NR being OP or broken. It just provides a very good answer to recent changes of the game (right before the patch Radovid was not used that often).

Top Bottom