Broken perks in 1.52?

+

Jep1st

Forum regular
So I recently came back to CP2077 after about 6 month break and started to explore the world in the new 1.52 patch but it seems some perks still don't work.
Yesterday I was in a pretty lengthy firefight and noticed that the Regeneration perk did not regenerate my health during combat so I was wondering are there other perks that I should take note of that don't work? I'm only just starting Act 1 so i'm only at level 5 at the moment so I haven't had a chance to try out majority of perks yet.

I also remember prior to 1.5 that the cyberware that was supposed to give you health regen outside of combat didn't work back then so does anybody know if they have fixed those now?

Yesterday I was in a pretty lengthy firefight and noticed that the Regeneration perk did not regenerate my health during combat so I was wondering are there other perks that I should take note of that don't work?
You mean this perk : Regeneration - Health slowly regenerates during combat.
From my understanding, it's very (very) slow, so in very hard and this perk alone, it's almost useless. But in combination with other aethletic perks (Epimorphosis, Wolverine, Tenacious V, Dog of War, Cardio Cure), it become damn fast (and maybe way too fast).

I also remember prior to 1.5 that the cyberware that was supposed to give you health regen outside of combat didn't work back then so does anybody know if they have fixed those now?
Which Cyberware ?
Blood Pump ? I think, it worked pre-1.5 and it work now in 1.5 :(

The healing Cyberware that triggers based on damage percentage seems to work fine on PS5 version. I haven't used blood pump on any post 1.5 build.

The other Cyberware related to out of combat healing all seems fine on my end as well. The only "Broken" Perk I've noticed is in Breach Protocol taking the perk that improves chances of getting a quickhack actually seems to Reset the chance to 0% instead of the 50% or 100% it is supposed to.

everything else seems to be working as intended, even if it could stand a little balancing and effectiveness/usefulness tweaking.

The other Cyberware related to out of combat healing all seems fine on my end as well. The only "Broken" Perk I've noticed is in Breach Protocol taking the perk that improves chances of getting a quickhack actually seems to Reset the chance to 0% instead of the 50% or 100% it is supposed to.
Not really related to this perk (maybe other perks, it seem to me, to be Bloodware which set chances to get one to 0, or maybe another "factor").
Three playthroughs in 1.5 and I always earned a bunch of QHs from access points, but none after activating the Bloodware perk (so I avoid it in each playthroughs).
But yeah, there is something which break this perk somewhere :(

You mean this perk : Regeneration - Health slowly regenerates during combat.
From my understanding, it's very (very) slow, so in very hard and this perk alone, it's almost useless. But in combination with other aethletic perks (Epimorphosis, Wolverine, Tenacious V, Dog of War, Cardio Cure), it become damn fast (and maybe way too fast).
Yes, that's the perk. Continued today and didn't really pay attention to regeneration but if it does work, it is indeed extremely slow.
Which Cyberware ?
Blood Pump ? I think, it worked pre-1.5 and it work now in 1.5 :(
It wasn't the bloodpump but rather the Bioplastic Blood Vessels. I haven't had the chance to try that one out yet but those didn't work prior to 1.5

I haven't used blood pump on any post 1.5 build.
Blood pump I think worked before but I meant the Bioplastic Blood Vessels which give you passive regen like food.

The only "Broken" Perk I've noticed is in Breach Protocol taking the perk that improves chances of getting a quickhack actually seems to Reset the chance to 0% instead of the 50% or 100% it is supposed to.
That's good to know, thanks :)
Even though I rarely take that perks since getting QHs isn't that difficult by default.

Stunning Blows is also just flat out not working...
Good to know, thanks! :)

It wasn't the bloodpump but rather the Bioplastic Blood Vessels. I haven't had the chance to try that one out yet but those didn't work prior to 1.5
"Increases Health regen outside of combat by x% point per second"
Bioplastic Blood Vessels have an effect outside of combat, so it does nothing during combat. I remember using it during my very first playthrough at release and it worked fine I think, but I never reinstalled it again since. So I don't know :)

And yeah, the perk, it's "very" slow and in combat only. Maybe a little bit "useful" by itself (just this perk) in easy, but in very hard, it doesn't make any difference at all (it won't keep you alive, for sure^^).

Maybe a little bit "useful" by itself (just this perk) in easy, but in very hard, it doesn't make any difference at all (it won't keep you alive, for sure^^).

question is who plays on a different mode than very hard - which is actually still pretty easy... : /
but yeah some perks/effects are more or less useless on very hard...

question is who plays on a different mode than very hard - which is actually still pretty easy... : /
Probably, for example those who don't want any challenge and enjoy the story (above at the beginning).
but yeah some perks/effects are more or less useless on very hard...
By itself, this perk is useless. But combined with all other perks which increase health regen during combat, it become "maybe" too useful.
I read a post (don't know who posted it), but with this perk+other ones, you can become almost invincible due to the "very fast" health regen during combat (you regenerate your health faster than the enemies can damage you). So only "useful" with a "Body build" ;)

Last edited:
Bioplastic Blood Vessels have an effect outside of combat, so it does nothing during combat. I remember using it during my very first playthrough at release and it worked fine I think, but I never reinstalled it again since. So I don't know :)
Yes, I know it's outside of combat but in 1.32 they did not work. I'm still not far enough to test these in 1.52 :D

By itself, this perk is useless. But combined with all other perks which increase health regen during combat, it become "maybe" too useful.
I read a post (don't know who posted it), but with this perk+other ones, you can become almost invincible due to the "very fast" health regen during combat (you regenerate your health faster than the enemies can damage you). So only "useful" with a "Body build"
Well, since I have the perk, might aswell try out to max out all regen bonuses and see what happens :)
I'll report here if I get any new info as a level up my character. Only at level 7 in this particular run now.

On the subject of broken perks, may I jump in and ask if anyone has Tune-Up working in 1.52? I have added the perk in a new play-through, but no components are being displayed in the Upgrade screen.

On the subject of broken perks, may I jump in and ask if anyone has Tune-Up working in 1.52? I have added the perk in a new play-through, but no components are being displayed in the Upgrade screen.
Yep, the new component crafting specs are added in the crafting list.
(it also concern QH components).
14-05-2022_01-19-17-jozu4mh2.jpeg14-05-2022_01-19-49-52xaawpu.jpeg
Well, since I have the perk, might aswell try out to max out all regen bonuses and see what happens :)
I'll report here if I get any new info as a level up my character. Only at level 7 in this particular run now.
It also "work" together with Cold Blood perk (increase health regen in and out of combat by 5% per charge).
On my current build (stealth), I don't have any regen during combat (I don't activate Regeneration perk in Aethletic...). So in short, 0 regen increased by 5% remain 0 regen :D

Its in the crafting menu. Have too craft it from lower components
Yep, the new component crafting specs are added in the crafting list.
(it also concern QH components).
Is the ratio still 4:1 when turning lower quality components into higher ones?
Because if it is, I just don't see the perks worth it since it's cheaper to just buy the components. E.g. an uncommon component has a price tag of 6€$ and if it requires four commons to make, that's 4x4€$ so 16€$ per uncommon one and it gets more expensive as you go higher.

Is the ratio still 4:1 when turning lower quality components into higher ones?
At first, without any perks and crafting skills which decrease the crafting cost, it's 9/1 I think
9 commons to 1 uncommon, 9 uncommons to 1 rare,...
So in short, for only one legendary you will need 729 common ones :D

But yeah, I buy all my components (rare/epic/legendary) since 1.2 (since the cost was divided by 10).

Well, I'm now at the point where I have the Bioplastic Blood Vessels and even couple health regen boosting perks and I'd say they kinda sorta work but also not. They should give health +1hp per second outside of combat but they don't. I can go for a long period with something like 130/150hp and not recieve any health back but then every now and then I randomly get a sudden bump to health which I think is the Bioplastic Blood Vessels trying to work. Unless there's something I'm not understanding.
So in future playthroughs, I'm just gonna stick with eating food to regen health outside of combat.

Health regen overall seems kinda buggy. I've seen build videos in 1.52 where people have all kinds of health regen bonuses and sometimes they regen and sometimes don't. So maybe it simply doesn't work like it should, or there's some kind of mechanic behind it that I don't understand.

ee1

Forum veteran
It's hard to come to terms with the fact that after almost two years, such a basic part of the gameplay and character development as perks is not fully working.
I want to emphasize that game designers have developed very interesting perks, it remains only for programmers to edit the code. Very, very much looking forward to!
Maybe there is a list of non-working abilities?
I honestly wonder why the devs haven't released the list, after all spending precious skill points and then finding out that an ability doesn't work is just the end of the world!

Last edited:
So I recently came back to CP2077 after about 6 month break and started to explore the world in the new 1.52 patch but it seems some perks still don't work.
Yesterday I was in a pretty lengthy firefight and noticed that the Regeneration perk did not regenerate my health during combat so I was wondering are there other perks that I should take note of that don't work? I'm only just starting Act 1 so i'm only at level 5 at the moment so I haven't had a chance to try out majority of perks yet.

I can't give any specific broken perks - but in general after 1.5 you need to think twice which perk is really worth to get, cause since the "balancing" many dmg boni f.e. are just not worth to take at all anymore. so many perks in general are a bit wonky atm.

Top Bottom