Broken promises

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, first of all I'm not looking to bash the game in anyways, but I'm hoping to reach the developpers about this issue.

There is no doubt about CP77 being an highly anticipated game, some lucky people had already their hands on the game and got a sneak peek about whats possible or not to do in the game, myself am looking forward to get the game on next gen PS.
But I think that it is only fair to point out some of the things that were removed from the game :

1. NO SUBWAY
Alright, that was the first thing that has been dropped to the great astonishment to everybody. The first trailer of CP77 gave us an very immersive glimpse at the city from the subway, which I thought was very well rendered, then an official artwork showed up with V obviously trying to escape from a hairy situation.

2. NO WALL RUNNING
You can't use your mantis blade to hang on the wall and prepare your attack or climb structures just like it was shown in the first gameplay video.

3. NO VEHICLE CUSTOMIZATION
Link: https://m.jeuxactu.com/cyberpunk-20...eveloppeurs-nouvelles-infos-inedit-116760.htm
Quote:
"JEUXACTU : On a pu voir dans la démo des véhicules armés, peut-on s’attendre à prendre les commandes de différents engins dans l’aventure, en plus de la voiture classique ?
Maciej Pietras : À chaque fois que vous verrez un véhicule dans le jeu, il sera possible pour vous d’en prendre les commandes et vous pourrez alors engager le combat depuis ce dernier. C’est typiquement le genre de choses que je trouve cool à faire, mais je ne peux pas vous donner trop de détails sur les différents véhicules pour l’instant. Toutefois, je peux vous affirmer que vous pourrez customiser vos bolides dans le jeu."
Translation:
JEUXACTU: We saw armed vehicles in the gameplay, can we expect to control different vehicles during the adventure, in addition to the classic car?
Maciej Pietras: Each time you will see a vehicle in-game, you will be able to control and engage in combat with it. I think it is the typical kind of things cool to do, but at the time I can't give you too much details on the different types of vehicles.
However, I can affirm you that you will be able to customize your vehicles in the game.

Now that statement is crystal clear, vehicle customization was supposed to be appart of the game, no doubt about it. Plus this is a huge disappointment to me, because they say that body and weaponry enhancement/customization will make your character look unique, but how can you not say that driving a personnal customized vehicle is not relevent in this case? I can see that vehicle customization implementation can be alot of work, but it is way more relevant than customizing genitals which is absolutely unnecessary and a weird choice, just to say.
There is a thread on car customization being removed and I find it weird that people are missing the point, its like some people are apart of an army of trollers paid to defend the mistakes made by CDPR.

According to Maciej Pietras in the same interview, CP2077 was planned during 2012 and CDPR has worked full time on the game since 2014. So at least 6 year of development. Now the question I ask myself is why CDPR removed all those cool functionnalities in the last stage of development of the game?
They talked more about things being removed than actual possibilities this year, and it is a big deal because what was removed plays in my opinion an important part in the game. And I'd like to remind you that the game has been postponed 2 times this year.

Just a personal view on the matter but unfortunately CP77 has had a disastrous marketing campaign (cheap merchandise, delays, broken promises, bad release timing etc...).
CP77 should have been released with the upcoming next gen console, the timing is just plain wrong for a AAA game. Me and probably other people won't buy this game for current gen consoles, I'm saving up for the PS5 at this point. Current gen is dead and buried for me.

I hope that CDPR officials read this thread and learn from these mistakes. Don't tease your fans things that are not appart of the game, or worse don't promise things that aren't there...

Anyone feels the same?

What promises. Every content that has been seen states: '' Work in progress and doesn't represent the final state of the game '' Video game design is something that changes. And there are so many topics already on these things that it's silly to make yet another one.

Can't people just deal with it? They stated things that were there, but things change. There is plenty of work put into this game already. No one has 'promised' you anything.
There's is a content-packed world, you have incredible customization, replay value.

The solution is to subvert your expectations, take early game demos with a grain of salt and realize that when it's stated that things may change and don't represent the final look of the product can mean things that you might have seen could be removed.

No Subway: Gee I may actually cancel my preorder
No Wallrunning: It was cool, but it's all it was a cool addon, by no means changing the game for me considering the other deep things CDpr is doing with characters and their depth...
No vehicle customization: This is not need for speed underground... Just my 2 cents on your points... It's no big deal really if you look at it from farther away, and take into consideration the rest of the game...

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
There are already various similar threads floating around (e.g. this one) and this topic has been discussed before. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom