bronies and fedoras

+

Forum veteran
[lots of stuff]
I seriously can't tell if you're agreeing or arguing with me. At any rate, I watched tons of "modern" cartoons like Adventure Time and Regular Show when I had the flu really bad and they were surprisingly amusing. Totally ADD at times and very obviously targeted towards people with short attention spans, but amusing.

hipsters, old men, and douchebags wear trilby's...
There's also quite a bit of overlap between those demographics.

This place is something else.
Hey, those who use gifs of the "modern and family-friendly" Eddie Murphy have no right to judge anyone.

Forum veteran
Pfff. Those who recognize such gifs have less right
How do you not recognize the difference between new Eddie and old Eddie? He used to wear flashy outfits that looked like Michael Jackson's wardrobe ate a Care Bear.

You'd have to be blind to not see the difference. BLIND! Is your eyesight going in your advanced age? It's okay, I won't judge you. Openly.

Uh huh. Wrong. Beverly Hills Cop Eddie didn't look like that.

Whaaat..was the topic again? Oh, yeah. Never mind.

Anyway, if you think Classic Eddie always looked like Eddie RAW, you must be deranged. Or sufffering from syphilis.

It's okay.

I'll judge you, but with love.

I have to say, I cringed at the video. D: I felt sorry for the guy even though I know I shouldn't. And $2000 for a freaking hat with wings in it?! I hope he meant $20.00 or that guy got ripped off. Don't get me wrong, I have brony friends, they're great guys, and I don't care if anyone wears that hat if they want to, but $2000? That's gotta be some mistake.

Have we scared off @Kinl3y yet?

Assuming that's a "yes", back on-topic.
I think I agree with dec on this. It was a fairly confusing post, but I have better reading comprehension than tutu so I think I know what he meant.

There's nothing wrong with adults liking kids shows. I absolutely LOVE Shawn the Sheep, (in a non-sexual way, just in case anyone starts to get totally inappropriate ideas).

But bronyism is just juggalos for nice people. The excitement of rebelling against the norm and against expected manners of behaviour and appearance, combined with a sense of exhibitionism, but carried out as part of a crowd of people who are doing exactly the same thing. Because nobody wants to be "different" on their own.

I actually have a pretty dramatic surgical scar after my bicep repair. QUITE cool.
That does look cool.
No delusions here. So, there's THAT kind of sanity.
What if all of this is one huge delusion?
Hey, those who use gifs of the "modern and family-friendly" Eddie Murphy have no right to judge anyone.
I used it more because for the scene it depicted and not the actor that's in it. But I have to agree, modern Eddie Murphy sucks.
You'll fit right in...
I don't know... I'm quite a big guy.
run....run as fast as you can....this place is dangerous and insane
Noted. I'll take a shot anyways. I like living on the edge.

Haha, nah, I'm still here @dragonbird. Was just posting something when you said that. :p

Last edited:
Sooooo, 2000$ for a fedora that is actually a trilby? Like Dragonbird said, I hope he meant to say 20.00$ because if not he got ripped ooooooof.

On the other hand it might be a troll, because he actually used "Euphoric" to go with it. Alteast I hope he is a troll.

Last edited:
heh "The Pussy Magnet" :)
That's lvl 30 wizard hat. 2000$ is a small price to pay for such powerful virginity protection.

On the side note I did watch one episode of MLP. Decent cartoon, if I had 5 yo daughter I'd let her watch it. If I however had 15 yo son who was into it I'd send him to military school. Judge all you want. :)

Four pages, and not ONE of you pointed out that the pictured hat is, in fact, a trillby, and not a fedora.

For shame. =p

haberdashery / 10

Four pages, and not ONE of you pointed out that the pictured hat is, in fact, a trillby, and not a fedora.

For shame. =p

haberdashery / 10

Uh huh.

Wisdom pointed it out a while ago, about six posts down.

Your A/N is obviously a big ol'...4? 3?

Humphrey Bogart would like a word. Newbie.

Also Cary Grant. Paul Newman. James Cagney.

Jones was the -sequel-, not the original.

All of them bow down to the master of the fedora.

Fred MacMurray

And yeah, that hat's a trilby. Nothing says hipster like a trilby. A fedora says I ain't got time for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom