Brouver Hoog and Witchers

+

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
22 points, but using your leader and 3 silver cards... A steep price. Alternatively you can play Blue Mountain Commando and then Brouver Hoog into Barclay Els into Sheldon Skaggs for 27 strength. You'll get more thinning with less silver cards and more strength, but it requires BMC to be played first and not having other dwarves in your deck. So, I guess it's not really an alternative for the current deck; just a thing to consider for another one.

PS. In theory, you could push it to 29 strength with Marching Orders. However, that's not worth it.

This is one of my favourite openers. :D

22 points in technically one card is fairly much - although it was better with old Saskia - and if winning R1 is not essential to you it's often possible to pass straight after to gain card advantage (which your deck guide also points out, I see).

Play a Smuggler in addition to the Brouver combo and your opponent has a harder time catching up. So much fun!

Brouver plus witchers is quite a good combo. However, I rarely use it as opener, but as a finisher in short R3. Brouver is threat that can pull Barclay or the three witchers when most needed to close a round

gards;n9679701 said:
When does ST get 3 resurrect cards like NG and SK does?

ST can already resurrect special cards and they can easily play certain bronze cards 6 times.
Resurrecting units would not be a good idea atm.

Kegtron9000;n9680751 said:
When NG and SK get resurrect special cards and mulligan units, then ST can get to resurrect units :facepalm:.

1 resurrect leader card you mean? NG R3 boom 3 ressurects
ST R3 Cerys sometimes for the 3rd time, QG and then two more units I have already destroyed from R2.

gards;n9682891 said:
1 resurrect leader card you mean? NG R3 boom 3 ressurects
ST R3 Cerys sometimes for the 3rd time, QG and then two more units I have already destroyed from R2.

ST has the following units/leaders resurrect special cards(in some capacity) or that muilligan cards: Aglais(1), Eithne(L), Francesca(L), Sage(3), and Vrihedd Officer(3). My point is that you can't add resurrect unit cards to decks that have resurrect specials/mulligan cards without adding those to NG/SK imo. Tit for tat as they say.

Kegtron9000;n9684631 said:
ST has the following units/leaders resurrect special cards(in some capacity) or that muilligan cards: Aglais(1), Eithne(L), Francesca(L), Sage(3), and Vrihedd Officer(3). My point is that you can't add resurrect unit cards to decks that have resurrect specials/mulligan cards without adding those to NG/SK imo. Tit for tat as they say.

I get that. So why am I being <edit> by rank 14 level 12 players mate? Is it because they went on youtube to find winning decks that <edit> on ST decks? It's like the white elephant in the room. ST is a bad deck. period. Unless you ONLY use 1/2 variations. That's hoe versatile ST is right now. i.e. it isn't.

Use the one or two combinations this deck has in order to win? BORING!

Last edited by a moderator:
gards;n9684931 said:
I get that. So why am I being <edit> by rank 14 level 12 players mate? Is it because they went on youtube to find winning decks that <edit> on ST decks? It's like the white elephant in the room. ST is a bad deck. period. Unless you ONLY use 1/2 variations. That's hoe versatile ST is right now. i.e. it isn't.

Don't disagree that something needs to be done with ST. I only play it in CP because it's not nearly as effective in RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
gards;n9684931 said:

I don't think ST is any worse than other factions. At my MMR (4,3k+) you see some Spellatael and some hybrid Movement decks either with those row damaging dwarves or Marksmen. What do other factions have? NG has spies and occasional mill, perhaps even a reveal deck sometimes. SK has Restore. NR has some weather/machine action. Monsters decks are Dagon or frost Eredin. So it would seem that ST looks quite versatile at the moment.

Top Bottom