Browsing/Finding Character's Dialogue

+
sv3672;n2136218 said:
Update: also added the source code of the dialogue utility, however, as explained above, its usability could be improved: w3utils.zip More utilities may be added or updated later.

Does anyone here still keep the files, if yes, could you send me link to download w3utils.zip, please?

sv3672;n9191571 said:
Fixed errors on empty .wav files in rupc.w3speech in content4 and Hearts of Stone: w3utils.zip.

Thanks for the update. A small off-topic question, since from what I gathered this file extracts from both TW2 and TW3. Is there a similar program for scene files from both games (TW2+3) to extract them?

Cercaphus;n9193251 said:
Thanks for the update. A small off-topic question, since from what I gathered this file extracts from both TW2 and TW3. Is there a similar program for scene files from both games (TW2+3) to extract them?

It is possible to extract the .w2scene files (or anything else that is in bundles or DZIP files, but it will not be uncooked) from both games with this tool, and also their dialogue lines in text format, and some of the raw data in the same format as the output of inspect_cr2w.lua. Dumping Witcher 2 CR2W files can be somewhat unreliable, and for both games the Lua format output only includes some of the data types, however.

sv3672;n9193421 said:
It is possible to extract the .w2scene files (or anything else that is in bundles or DZIP files, but it will not be uncooked) from both games with this tool, and also their dialogue lines in text format, and some of the raw data in the same format as the output of inspect_cr2w.lua. Dumping Witcher 2 CR2W files can be somewhat unreliable, and for both games the Lua format output only includes some of the data types, however.

Nice! I was thinking of extracting w2scene files from TW2 and then importing them into TW3. Is this even plausible?

No, witcher 2 doesnt even have w2scene files. Only w2cutscene and none of the witcher 2 files work in witcher 3.. too much has changed

Witcher 2 does have .w2scene files, but the format is indeed different, and cannot be used in the newer game without conversion. The CR2W format in general has changed between the games, but scenes are still similar at a higher level, even if Witcher 3 obviously has a more advanced system.

My bad... but yeah, if u want to recreate some scenes then just use sbui and the scene encoder.. the scene encoder probably has even more settings than the original redkit did.

I had extracted some w2scenes manually from TW2 (because stupid redkit didn't work) and I was toying with the idea of importing them into TW3 through a brute force approach. But, if they are indeed so different to be incompatible or even too "ancient" compared to what is possible through sbui and scene encoder, then you are saving me a lot of bother.

Edit: the above package has been updated with a new utility called "w3unpack.exe", the download link is the same as before. This program can be used for the following:

- extract files from bundles (TW3) or DZIP files (TW2), using a name filter specified by the user
- convert .w2strings or .w3strings files to text (UTF-8 ) format, similarly to inspect_w3strings.lua
- the above can be done recursively on directory trees, all bundle or localization files are processed in alphabetical order
- dump dialogues from .w2scene files (TW2 or TW3) in any of the supported languages
- dump the contents of CR2W files in Lua format, similarly to the output of inspect_cr2w.lua (not all variables are supported, however, only these types: Bool, Int32, Uint/Uint32, Float, String, CName, LocalizedString, element pointer, array of element pointers). When used with the -l option, localized strings are also written as comments in that language

Examples:

w3unpack -d -l pl "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3" all_dialogues_pl.txt
w3unpack -w -l en "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3" all_strings_en.txt
w3unpack -u -i /q310_ -s .w2scene "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3" final_preparations_scenes

Running the program without any arguments prints the usage. Note: this version may still be buggy, so use it at your own risk.

Edit for version 1.30: there have been some changes to the w3strings and CR2W formats in this patch, which break the tool, I will fix that soon.

Hello,

your tool is very useful. Thank you. :)

One Question: Is it possible to insert the "Speech ID" from the w3strings automatically into the command:

w3unpack -d -l pl "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3" all_dialogues_pl.txt

Like that:

w3speechID.jpg

I am thankful for all help and information. ;)

Greetings

Hello,

your tool is very useful. Thank you. :)

One Question: Is it possible to insert the "Speech ID" from the w3strings automatically into the command:

Like that:

View attachment 11051261

I am thankful for all help and information. ;)

Greetings
Hi! please tell me, were you able to get such a file as is shown in the picture? If so, how? I tried to use different arguments for w3unpack, but I got hex codes (names of voice files) only with the-c argument. But this doesn't work for dlc. Thanks.

Hi! please tell me, were you able to get such a file as is shown in the picture? If so, how? I tried to use different arguments for w3unpack, but I got hex codes (names of voice files) only with the-c argument. But this doesn't work for dlc. Thanks.
Hi. I don't know if I understood your problem exactly, but have a look at this thread:

I think you need the updatet w3unpack.exe

The following command worked for me afterwards (for german) files:

w3unpack -d -l de "D:\Gog\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY\content" all_dialogues_de.csv

Greetings

Top Bottom