BSOD on game launch nvlddmkm.sys

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
BSOD on game launch nvlddmkm.sys

I was wondering and hoping if anyone is having the same problem im having. When i try to launch the game it get a black screen then after 10 seconds i get a BSOD with the following error:0x00000116nvlddmkm.sysIm aware that these are driver issues of some sort. I have tried running the latest Nvidia drivers and the beta drivers still i get the same problem. Tried running the game without the 1.2 patch and with it and still get same problem. Sys Specs:q6600Striker Extreme8800 gtx in sli4gb 800hz Corsair ddr21010 ocz psuOS: Vista ultimate 64 (with latest updates)Any help would be apprciated :)

Try running the Witcher.exe program as an Administrator and check the compatibility box for Windows XP Service Pack 2.If that doesn't work, try a search on the forum as this problem has been reported a lot. Maybe you tried and didn't find anything, but that is because the spelling is really nvlddmkm.sys

I have tried running the game with SLI disabled and encounter the same problem. Running thewitcher.exe as administrator and still the BSOD gets me everytime :( I have tried rolling back my drivers recommended by others from 169.25 to 169.12 i think it was with no sucess and with every new driver install i use driver sweeper to remove any excess nvidia file still on the system through safe mode.I have bin hearing so many bad things about witcher and Vista and its looking as if i will have to be patient which is a shame cause all i hear is good things about the game. I can run most other top spec games fine e.g. Crysis + UT3 without any trouble so it kinda rules out hardware problems and my GPU's are running fine @ 70c under full load which apparently is fine. Anyone who has any other suggestions please let me know will try anything to try and get the game running. Ill appriciate the help.

Riven! We came as soon as we heard.

(The paladin forces line the high ground. The full might of the legions, a silver line that stretches from horizon to horizon. He raises his staff, and a radiance lances into the sky. The voices of the blessed warriors raise in salute: a unified cry, again, and a third. As the divine flare of light recedes, wings of strike-craft roar past overhead.

(Before them, the ground cannot be seen under the ocean of undead, newly risen. Even the waves of holy fire from the sky seem lost in the tide of darkness before them.

(His voice is sombre.)

And now it begins...

(One of the paladins mutters something, muffled a little by his helmet.

(Same, sombre tone.)
I told you go before we left, Randath. Hold it. And now it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom